1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want your own LinkedIn site (social networking)?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by MeAlex, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Sadly, I have a hard time sharing good finds (as in scripts) as they get ruined when overused. However, I've seen numerous posts regarding opensource Social Software. Of all the posts I've read on the topic the only recommendation I've come across is http://www.tufat.com/s_free_dating_system.htm . IMO, the script just doesn't seem up to par.

By complete luck I came across a much better solution:
    http://barnraiser.org/index.php?page=SoftwareAroundme
    Great tool and I look forward to adding it to my production community site. Hope you all find it useful and realize how hard it was for me to share :eek:

MeAlex, Dec 29, 2005 IP
    MattUK likes this.
  2. srijit

srijit Peon

Best Answers:
    tufats script is nice for dating sites...
    your recommendation is good for social networking sites.
    thank you for the info :D

srijit, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  3. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice find, :) Kudos to you

MattUK, May 17, 2006 IP
  4. 007ke

007ke Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi ... i was just wishing to know how do u feel its similar to www.linkedin.com ? i mean i tried to demo it and did not see any features like linkedin. Sorry if i'm ignorant but i would appreciate if you can impart me the knowledge as i'm looking for a business networking cum job networking script

007ke, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  5. smartpushp

smartpushp Peon

Best Answers:
    take a look of whozzat.com

If you like this site, better than orkut

I can provide you this.....

mail me on smartpushp@gmal.com

smartpushp, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  6. KoneyIslander

KoneyIslander Banned

Best Answers:
    Should try http://business-space.org
    At least they claim to be a LinkedIn Clone script.

KoneyIslander, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  7. Socialnetworker

Socialnetworker Peon

Best Answers:
    Beware of this site www.business-space.org. It is from the same people who brought you Abledating and everybody knows what a scam that was. The company is ABK-Soft and run by Dimtry Rudakov and is based in Russia and not the U.S as they try and state.
    The software is a Linkedin clone but the sales and marketing are the same and the end result will be the same. You will get crap software and no refund unless you play hardball with your CC company.
    They use a merchant account in the Netherlands called Avangate who will also not listen to you.
    Once again beware of www.business-space.org

Socialnetworker, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  8. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WARNING

DO NOT TRUST KONEYISLANDER.
    HE IS CLOSE RELATED TO ABK-SOFT, RUSSIAN SCAMMER COMPANY WHO CREATE ABLEDATING, ABLESPACE AND ALSO BUSINESS-SPACE LINKEDIN CLONE.

READ MORE HERE: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=305517&page=6

CHECK HTTP://WWW.DATINGSCRIPTREVIEWS.COM AND GOOGLE AND SEARCH FOR "ABK-SOFT" OR "ABLEDATING" AND YOU'LL SEE THEY ARE SCAMMING PEOPLE.

ilook, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  9. KoneyIslander

KoneyIslander Banned

Best Answers:
    ilook is a hysterical pregnant lady not knowing anything about the software he tries to pour dirt on. Ask him anything about the script's features, which of them work properly, which not, why he insists that this script is bad and that is not, he does not know what to answer, except highlighting his shit with red and hysterically crying at every corner.

He is surely a shill hired by the company's competetors, and all his recent posts talk about this.

Again, ilook, if you are a man, you will start writing real technical reviews, telling about software's features, drawbacks etc.

But if you are a hysterical nymphette (which you are) you will continue shouting like a pig at every corner, and what is more extravagant, highlighting your shit with red color :D

KoneyIslander, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  10. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Call me what you want, fact is i dont scam people like you and your friends.
    I dont know if youre a little blind or something, but my sites are REVIEWED BY REAL CUSTOMERS.
    Not by me.... clear enough???
    Seems not... but i dont mind.
    I dont need to create fake websites to sell crappy stuff and scam people.
    Keep that in mind, youre a liar (see the other thread where i reveal youre a liar and scammer).

ilook, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  11. KoneyIslander

KoneyIslander Banned

Best Answers:
    ilook is a shill hired by Dmitry Rudakov or Dolphin, he reviews the software himself or copy-pastes contents of the developer's sites.
    For example (kill me if it is a software review and not the features' list):
    http://www.datingscriptreviews.com/handshakes#comments

DZOIC Handshakes Review

Social networking software at its best! If you dream to start your own profitable social networking website like myspace, facebook, friendster, hoverspot, and others, look no further. DZOIC Handshakes is your complete solution!

FEATURES OVERVIEW

Admin Console
    Handshakes Professional script comes with a very powerful admin console which gives you total control over every single area of the site.

Install Guide
    No need to be a professional server administrator to install Handshakes, since it includes a one-step installation guide. Just provide some basic installation details and start using the software in a minute.

Video Grabber Plugin [NEW!]
    Allows your Handshakes users easily import / embed videos from YouTube by entering the video URL.

NOTE: this is a separate plugin and is not included into the Handshakes script.

Load Balance Plugin [NEW!]
    Allows you to use multiple servers for video convertion and storage. Includes script installation, single server setup and plugin integration.

NOTE: this is a separate plugin and is not included into the Handshakes script.

Tags

* tag clouds appear on all pages for blogs, music and video
    modules
    * modules settings:
    o enable/disable module
    o minimum and maximum amount of tags to show
    o minimum string length of a tag
    o minimum and maximum font sizes
    o cache lifetime

Social Bookmarking

* social bookmarking buttons appear on blogs, music and video view
    pages
    * admin can enabled/disable module and setup engines
    * default engines:
    o Favorites (browser favorites)
    o Del.icio.us
    o Digg
    o Furl
    o Magnolia
    o StumbleUpon
    o Google
    o Yahoo
    o Technorati
    o BlinkList

Recording

* members can send voice or video messages to each other
    * members can post audio or video testimonials for other members
    * audio/video blogging
    * audio/video comments for blog posts, music entries and video
    uploads
    * admin is able to setup a limit of disk space allocated for each
    user’s multimedia content

Video Chat

* members can invite each other to a video chat
    * ability to ignore user
    * admin is able to setup daily user usage time for video chat

Music

* members can upload music media files (sound or video)
    * members can input external embed tags (such as YouTube, Yahoo! Videos)
    * other members can listen/view medias, vote for them and leave comments
    * ability to search music by artist or title name
    * ability to browse music files
    * unique Handshakes MP3 player is used to play MP3 files (view screenshot)

Videos

* members can upload their fun/home videos and put them to various categories
    * members can input external embed tags (such as YouTube, Yahoo! Videos)
    * other members can view videos, vote for them and leave comments
    * ability to search for video files
    * ability to browse videos by categories
    * all videos are converted into the FLV format during upload
    * screenshots are created on the fly
    * unique Handshakes FLV player is used to play video files (view screenshot)

Flash Chat and Instant Messenger

* members can chat in public rooms or in club-private rooms
    * members can send each other instant messages
    * IM supports smileys
    * members can add their friends to IM contacts lists and get instant notifications if any of them comes online

Profiles

* full control over profile questions and sections
    * members can choose a preset template for their profile or create their own using HTML and CSS tags, just like they do it on myspace.com
    * members can easily add sound or video to their profile, which will be automatically embedded into their profile page
    * profile page includes a brief list of member’s recent blogs, classifieds, events, clubs and a preview of member’s photo album
    * profiles can be bookmarked

Hot or Not

* members can upload their photos and allow other members to vote for them and leave comments
    * top lists: any gender, male and female separate top lists

Blogs

* members are not limited to just one blog and can start a blog for each topic they want to share their throughts for
    * other members can post comments for each blog post
    * ability to attach images to the post
    * ability to personalize blog by choosing a template, modify colors, use custom CSS tags
    * blogs can be bookmarked

Classifieds

* members can post their classified ads and put them in a particular category/subcategory
    * other members can send replies for classified ads
    * ability to upload an image for the ad
    * ability to personalize classified ad by choosing a template, modify colors, use custom CSS tags
    * classifieds can be bookmarked

Events

* members can announce date/time/location based events
    * other members can attend events and see who’s already in an attendees list
    * ability to personalize event by choosing a template, modify colors, use custom CSS tags
    * events can be bookmarked

Clubs

* members can create clubs with different access level: public (anyone can join), moderated (moderator approves/declines join requests from other members), private (invitation only)
    * each club includes club classifieds, club events, club discussion board, club photos
    * moderator of the club has an ability to manage members (delete existing members or invite new ones)
    * ability to personalize club by choosing a template, modify colors, use custom CSS tags
    * clubs can be bookmarked

eCards

* members can send eCards to other members of your site or to their “external” friends
    * ability to send eCards immediately or on date
    * senders get notifications when their eCard has been picked up by each recipient
    * ability to personalize eCard by choosing a template, modify colors, use custom CSS tags
    * eCards are being stored in “My Sent eCards” and “My Received
    eCards” special folders

GetPaid

* create multiple membership packages
    * setup prices and payment periods for each package
    * setup per-page or per-module access levels for each package
    * offer members the ability to pay for making their blogs, classifieds, events or clubs to appear in “Featured” lists
    * create advertisement campaigns
    * upload banners or use external ad tags (such as Google AdSence or Overture)
    * setup targeting for campaign ads: per-page targeting, geo targeting, categories targeting
    * track sales history
    * ability to approve pending orders manually

Forum

* admin can create and manage forums
    * members can post topics (HTML tags support, smileys)
    * members can post replies to other topics

Polls

* users can create their own polls with a question and a number of answers
    * other members can vote for their preferred answers and see statistics on how others have voted
    * admin can approve / disapprove every new poll

ADDITIONAL FEATURES
    100% Open Source Code
    Source code of Handshakes script is not encoded. This means that you can modify the functionality of the software to meet your needs, integrate custom modules or remove unnecessary functionality.
    We also provide FLA (Flash) source files for any Flash element which we use in our script and PSD (Photoshop) source files for our graphics.
    Bulletins
    Members are able to send a message to all of their friends at the same moment. These messages will appear in a special “Bulletins Space”
    section.

Photo Albums
    Members can upload photos and put them to their photo albums. They can also limit access to each album for various groups of members.
    Instant Notifications
    Members will see instant notifications at the right-bottom of their screen when their friend comes online, when there’s a new visitor on their profile, when new message arrives and when there’s a calendar
    reminder set for the current moment.

Geo-Positioning System
    Handshakes comes with a complete DB of world countries, states and cities, from which members can choose their location. Script then uses this data to calculate distance between members or return search results within specified distance.

Unique “Colorize Template” feature
    Your members can personalize their profile, blog, classified ad, event or club by changing colors of the chosen template. It’s not just CSS style modifications - it’s ACTUALLY colorizing images, used in a
    template.

WYSIWYG-Editor
    Well-known multiplatform HTML editor TinyMCE (http://tinymce.moxiecode.com) is integrated into all Handshakes modules. It will help your members to create HTML-enhanced content for their profile, blog post, classified ad or event description without making them learn HTML.

Badwords Filter
    If your site is supposed to be open for kids or you just want your members to be polite you can enable Badwords filter and all forbidden words will be stripped from users input. Admin has an ability to remove or modify existing badwords list or create your own.

Multilingual Support
    Handshakes Professional has been written with a full support of international languages. You can configure the global encoding of the script - and all HTML output, DB entries, emails, etc. will be
    converted to the specified encoding.

Translate Tool
    Ability to translate the whole script in few steps from admin console.

“Viewed me” section
    Members are able to see who have viewed their profile.

“Bookmarked me” section
    Members are able to see who have bookmarked their profile.

Saved Searches
    Members can save their search and be notified by email when there’s a new match to their search criteria.

Forum Integration
    Handshakes Professional includes a preset integration into most popular forums: phpBB, vBulletin, Invision Power Board.

Address Book Import
    Members can import their contacts from Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, Hotmail, MSN and MySpace and invite them to join your site.

Checkout the demo, visit DZOIC Handshake

12. KoneyIslander

KoneyIslander Banned

Best Answers:
    AbleDating by ABK-Soft is a very good software script. It is so good that there are special people hired to live on the forums like this (Socialnetworker, ilook, etc.) to pour dirt on the software, but what is good, they can not name any facts. All the bugs that were there in 2007 have already been got rid of. There are thousands of sites created with AbleDating, and you can see them at http://www.abledatingsites.com
    There are thousands of rather happy customers, although not of them will ever achive grand success: http://www.abledatingreview.com
    There is a design department that consists of several professional designers http://www.abledating-designs.com and http://www.abkdesign.com
    There is a 3D City department (somewhere in Dania I suppose) that creates 3D City for the software, http://www.3d-city.net
    There is a professional helpcenter that is available at http://abledating.helpserve.com 24/7

And there is a very cool feature in development, called Sitesman: http://www.abk-soft.com/forum/viewtopic.html?t=1536

And there is Socialnetworker and his closest friend ilook who find the fact that both of them have too short cocks a rather good reason to be friends and do their best trying to spoil reputation of a decent software script. Maybe not ideal of course, but VERY good.

13. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, you must be blind and deaf together KoneyIslander.
    I already explained these two websites are running on REAL CUSTOMER REVIEWS.
    Enough said about that.
    Dont try to change the subject, because the subject is you belong to ABK-soft, scammers group from Russia.

People DONT NEED to believe me.
    Just read an official report from the Better Business Bureau, what gives a NEGATIVE advice about ABK-Soft.

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=100058710

See http://www.datingscriptreviews.com/warning-abk-soft for more info how i unmasked and reveal KoneyIslander, who have setup a fake review website (datingsoftwarereviewer.com is fake).
    Remember KoneyIslander... you already agree that its a fake review website:rolleyes:

All with prove and screenshots!
    No bullshit salestalk what he is trying to do to scam more innocent people.
    Only facts and prove....

ilook, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  14. KoneyIslander

KoneyIslander Banned

Best Answers:
    Seems I am not the only one here who sees it :D

KoneyIslander, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  15. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He might talk about you scammer :D
    By the way, 28 posts... hmm... created a fake account fast and let Dmitry himself be involved here?
    Nice try...

CRIMINAL!

ilook, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  16. DPSpy

DPSpy Peon

Best Answers:
    @smartpushp
    Are you giving it as GPL script.
    If yes then I certainly want this.

DPSpy, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  17. KoneyIslander

KoneyIslander Banned

Best Answers:
    ilook is a shill hired either by Boonex or by Dmitry Rudakov, who owns several dating software development companies. You go from ABK, you come to his other company.
    Also ilook posts fake complains to BBB. Name me a company and I will make it have an F rating at BBB, posting complains, especially if this company is connected with Russia.
    Beware of ilook, a scammer and forum flooder.

KoneyIslander, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  18. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Remember KoneyIslander.... Facts never lie ;)

Read it again: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=305517&page=6 Post #114 where i unmasked you SCAMMER!

ilook, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  19. unsponsored

unsponsored Member

Best Answers:
    thank god for the Private investigators! I feel like every post I read its loaded with scammers.

unsponsored, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  20. sowers

sowers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my great one doubts is between:

BUDDYPRESS
    SOCIALENGINE
    DZOIC
    ELGG

sowers, Feb 3, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.