Step by Step Traffic Generation

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by mfolan, Nov 20, 2007.

Hi guys,

I am new to the forums and have been blogging for the last 3 months nearly. Dispite this I have very low traffic, somedays I have none. most ever page views in one day was 15.

I was just wondering if any of you could tell me what where the first steps you took to getting your blogs noticed when you had your first posts.

Not only will this help me but It may also help others who are just starting out too.

Any info given I am very greatful for,

Mike

mfolan, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  2. mizaks

mizaks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Submit your site to directories. Lots of them.
    2. Write good articles and submit to digg, reddit or other social networking site.
    3. Participate in stumble exchanges (see Freebie section of DP forums).

mizaks, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  3. j.blu

j.blu Peon

Best Answers:
    You have a lot of options, but I think a good place to start is social bookmarking and StumbleUpon...if you haven't already, read up on how you can use if effectively. Good blogs to look for this advice is doshdosh and problogger...just do a search there for StumbleUpon. Hope that helps some.

j.blu, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  4. khena25

khena25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    khena25, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  5. fitforfreedom

fitforfreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Khena, he has mostly less than 15 PageViews. How is he supposed to get some traffic from BlogRush then?

fitforfreedom, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  6. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    StumbleUpon - for loads of traffic.

XooX, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  7. androomidaa

androomidaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    write good blog post and submit them to reddit, stumbleupon, furl, digg etc. reddit gave me 400 traffic after I have submitted my last post.

androomidaa, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  8. jswenson

jswenson Peon

Best Answers:
    Technorati has always been good to me. If your keywords are popular ones I'd check that out.

jswenson, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  9. SeedsForWealthcom

SeedsForWealthcom Peon

Best Answers:
    You asked for step by step Traffic generation techniques? My blog niche is traffic generation besides SEO. So, here's what you do:

1) Focus on content for at least 15 posts.

2) Comment on 10 popular blogs twice a day, meaning twice per post. Be sure to use cocomment.com/ to record commenting action. Also good for time management as every place you commented previously is recorded.

3) Use blog catalog and seedsforwealth.com/Blog/make-easy-extra-961-visitors-every-month-with-blogcatalog/2007/ visit here for techniques how to get 32 visitors a day exploiting them.

4) Be sure to forget earning money now and focus on building RSS subscribers. This gets more traffic cause you don't waste your time on how many clicks your ads got, and use your time to keep improving your blog. Always change graphics and try out new headers. Build your brand with a reoccurring image and if it sucks change it.

5) after 15 posts write only 10 point lists of things and group blogging resources like plugins, themes, and such. Also group 10 cool pictures together. You create posts in 10's because Stumblers love these.

6) Now work to get STumbler friends by using Blog Catalog's groups.

7) For one month, and for the love of God, please stay consistent and drop as many as 3 posts a day. Spread as many links around cause it doesn't matter at this point, you just want attention.

Conclusion:

Look, building traffic should be about getting repeat visitors. YOu're building relationships one by one in the hopes you can work with friends. Nothing works better for promotion then with friends you're tight with. Become allies and promote each other. If ReviewMe and PayPerPost say your reviews are worth no less then $40, then believe them and start trading reviews for free with your buddies.

Otherwise stick to SEO and try to pull in search engine traffic, you know the kind that don't care about your blog.

SeedsForWealthcom, Nov 21, 2007 IP
    XooX, geb9696 and waxingpoetic like this.
  10. mfolan

mfolan Guest

Best Answers:
    Guys these are all great tips Thanks for all of you help. Seeds for wealth com, Great post. I will certainly try out your techniques. I will have plenty of time this weekend and will spend it writing posts and commenting. I have tried a new theme but unfortunetly it did not appear correctly in IE and now I have to find a new one.

Once again guys thanks for all your help please keep the tips coming. If any of have visited my site so far, would it make you come back?

Thanks,

Mike

mfolan, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  11. waynelyp90

waynelyp90 Banned

Best Answers:
    I guess I know what might be bothering you. You are constantly getting new traffic and not returning visits because of your Welcome To My Blog post.

People will have the false impression that they have entered a new blog with nothing and please do keep in mind that readers used to read your first post and won't scroll down any further.

waynelyp90, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  12. mfolan

mfolan Guest

Best Answers:
    Never thought of that. I will disable it and see if it helps. Thanks

mfolan, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  13. MISsupport

MISsupport Peon

Best Answers:
    Join BloggingZoom(free). It's better than Digg because you can submit your own post. It's for bloggers only and made by 2 bloggers. However, your post must be long because you have to write a 350 characters(not words) description for the SEO side. And don't forget to add the plugin.

Here is my profile to give you an ideal of descriptions. Sometimes, it's not zoomed many time but many come read it with 1-2 other of my previous post.

I did a post after one week with good result. It was StumbleUpon. If fact, the extra visibility got me SU twice in 1 week. :D

BlogRush is not great for small blogs. I had more traffic with BloggingZoom but more work because of the description.

MISsupport, Nov 22, 2007 IP
    waxingpoetic likes this.
  14. geb9696

geb9696 Peon

Best Answers:
    Lots of good information here. Seems like StumbleUpon is one of the main sources for traffic.

geb9696, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  15. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good info here.. I will watch this thread for more tips :)

Minterest, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  16. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    thx for the nice input

mentos, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  17. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't forget to submitt your Feed to as many services and directories as you can, also.
    Just remember, writing for, and submitting to services that only appeal to other bloggers is not great traffic for monetization, and it is short lived...remember to write and think about the average joe that does not know the business.
    Those will be return visitors, and there will be more of them.
    JMO

hmansfield, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  18. Ian Eltringham

Ian Eltringham Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Answers

Search for questions related to you blog and answer them. Put a link to your blog in the resource box.

Article Marketing

Submit articles to ezinearticles.com agin putting a link to your blog in the resource box.

Forums

Post in forums related to your blog, use a link in your sig.

Squidoo Lens

Write a squidoo lens and link it to your blog

Social Media

Submit your posts to social sites like bloggingzoom, digg and stumbleupon

Comment on other blog

Select a selection of blogs that relate in subject matter to yours and post comments on them regularly.

Directories

Sumbit your blog to a direcory everyday.

These are all very basic things that have been covered many times on DP.

Ian Eltringham, Nov 23, 2007 IP
    waxingpoetic and XooX like this.
  19. waxingpoetic

waxingpoetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow....there are some really GREAT tips here! Thanks everyone.

Don't forget to create accounts at feedburner and technorati. These sites will bring you some traffic as well. Also, feedburner has some great tools for tracking your stats. Best of all....it's FREE.

waxingpoetic, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  20. 114211

114211 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are blogging about making money blogging, you should expect to have low click thrus since the people that will read it will be aware of your ads.

114211, Nov 24, 2007 IP