1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rocket Spanish?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by peeg, Nov 20, 2007.

Hi Everyone

I want to ask a question about the CB product "Rocket Spanish". I hardly ever talk about products like this but want to see if any one else is promoting it?

You get $68 per sale, it has a gravity of around 60... BUT it's popularity has been 1 for at least two months. (Which is good in my books)

I am curious as to whether anyone here has had any success with this product and whether it's worth my time promoting?

Thanks

peeg, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  2. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    I spent almost $50 ppc before getting a sale, in my books thats poor conversion (was paying low for clicks too as its not competitive market). Their sales page seems really nice, I guess there aren't that many people looking to pay more than a few bucks to learn spanish.

wowhaxor, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  3. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    As much as you shouldn't base your assumptions on a single test, I can see your point. If you spent $50 and got a sale of at least $68, that's still $18 profit is it not?

How many visitors did that bring?

peeg, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  4. shrkscn

shrkscn Peon

Best Answers:
    How many clicks did you get for 50$.

shrkscn, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  5. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, however i ran a ton of ad variations, and I got that sale at the very end of the $50, so I bailed. Didn't want to go back to $50 more with no sale. It was 653 clicks (looked it up for ya :) ). Which is really a bad number of hops to sales as compared to other things i promote.

6. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info there!

I am wondering as to what level of target you pitched to with your ads? For example, did you target the Spanish villa buyers looking to move to Spaim or "anyone" looking to learn Spanish which would include high school kids?

Thanks

peeg, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  7. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    mostly targetted people looking to vacation in spain, mexico, argentina, peru, chile, brazil, venezuala, el salvador, etc. Then I ran some basic campaigns on learn spanish, etc, speak fluent spanish. Didnt think of that upper class demographic tho, may be worth a shot.

8. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they'd be the ones who would be dependant on a $97+ course rather than kids or even casual learners. I might try and target those who are desperate to learn spanish for a reason such as moving there or even long vacations, etc.

I wonder what the profitability of this demographic would be?

peeg, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  9. chaos4u

chaos4u Peon

Best Answers:
    I have sold this product a couple of times: $68.59 & $100.00 commission.

This product will sell, but I would not PPC it. Use only bum marketing techniques.

This kind of product is in demand, but there are thousands of language products on the market.

You have to consider how many people are selling the same product and how many are selling the same type of product.

Lets say you own a store and the only beverage you sell is Pepsi, but all the other stores only sell Pepsi. What would be the odds of someone buying a Pepsi from your store? Now consider, you only sell Pepsi, but all the other stores sell every type of beverage. What would be the odds of someone buying a Pepsi from you?

Well, this is the way I look at it.

chaos4u, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  10. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    much luck promoting Rocket-XXX via PPC....bids are through the roof, really....

GeorgR., Nov 20, 2007 IP
  11. bitsy

bitsy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also promoted it as my first product. I had a sale within the first 25 ppc customers and thought about how I was going to start living the "Good Life". After about another $75 spent with no sales, I dropped it and went back to eating Ramen Noodle Soup. :(

bitsy, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  12. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm looking to be more creative than sell via a PPC ad aimed at "Rocket-Spanish" - just looking for profitability opinions for the niche

peeg, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  13. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of people have tried Rocket Spanish, and of course have thrown up a PPC ad with keywords like "Learn spanish" and "Teach yourself spanish course" and such, but probably aren't making consistent profit with these kinds of keywords.

One way you can more easily differentiate yourself in the PPC market is by continuing to carefully analyze the keywords you're using, and the target demographic of the people who are interested in learning spanish with one of these types of programs.

One example might be to go to a forum where people are discussing how to learn spanish to get to know what they think about some of the programs. Is Rosetta Stone too hard? is Learn Spanish Like Crazy not what people are looking for? Get 'in' with the target audience and figure out what they do & don't like about learn spanish programs, then go re-write your ads & redefine your keywords to match what your audience is really after... I guarantee it will be much more profitable :)

-T

Telmari, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  14. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice information there!

I take it you've tried this market?

R

peeg, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  15. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, yep. Major lesson from it: "Learn Spanish" will run up your adwords costs. Fast. ;)

Telmari, Nov 20, 2007 IP
    peeg likes this.
  16. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe i can see that - have you been able to make lots of profit from the market?

peeg, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  17. RTj

RTj Active Member

Best Answers:
    everyday more and more ppl coming to ppc promotinng the same item.. the bid has gone up fast in PPC. just randomly doing bum marketing write article also wont work. need really understand the product and the market like telmari and chaos4u's advice.. thanks for the great advice guys

RTj, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  18. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    I am French, and hence I sell... Rocket French...

Here is a tip: Don't say it everywhere, and don't over do it... But I've sold Rocket French software like this. (note that spanish is much more profitable than French, but it's easier for me to dominate the French niche amigo!)

Here it is...

Do you know Yahoo Answers? If yes, you need to tape in Learn Spanish, and you will find a lot of people who are asking about learn Spanish softwares.

Easy as 1,2,3 but... Don't spam, because you will get banned!

Franck S, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  19. floodrod

floodrod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's another demographic angle..

I'm american (speak very little spanish)

My wife is latino and speaks fluid spanish.. Her whole family speaks Spanish as a primary language, and the pressure is always on me to learn spanish..

I know there are plenty of people who are in the same boat.. I know 4 off the top of my head.. Maybe try targeting these people..

Idea2- Become Bilingual and Earn More....

Most companies are looking for Bilingual people and pay better. America is becoming saturated with Spanish Only speaking people, and these companies want to target the market.. Maybe pitch to this market too.

Just ideas

floodrod, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  20. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice ideas from both of you there, thanks!

I really like the idea about Spanish speaking in a family sense and about how speaking Spanish can earn you more.

Are you making some nice bank from Rocket French, Franck?

peeg, Nov 21, 2007 IP