1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pakistan Turmoil : What do you think??

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by arcguy, Nov 18, 2007.

HI
    pakistani politics is very hot topic nowadays so i thought i get views of west and outside world..
    but first let me make something clear..

1- Pakistani people and nation is peaceful not a terrorist as a whole
    2- Musharraf is a cruel dictator
    3- Pakistani judiciary was working independent before martial-law in Pakistan
    4- Geo is most favorite and watched TV just like BBC id UK and CNN of America
    5- Pakistani army officials are very corrupted and business Mafia

This is what a pure pakistani thinks about pakistan... Now please , while making a reply , please post your country so that we get your thoughts :)
    THanks

arcguy, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  2. mubin

mubin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1) I am Pakistan1
    2) Pakistani is peaceful
    3) Musharraff is a dictator but cruel is a bit harsh
    4) Judiciary is not and never will be independant, the CJ just got pissed at the referrendum thing
    5) Not all the pakistani army officials are as corrupt as the politicians remember that.

What is the situation with GEO, we have now started recieving newscast again here in the UK.

mubin, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  3. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    I have few friends from Pakistan.. We chat often, make jokes about each other (Well I'm Indian), discuss the boobs of different Bolywood actresses, Go on war about cricket matches (One of my friends lost a bet about the current series), And discuss the political issues.

So the Point:
    1. One has to be extremely Idiot to think that all Pakistani people are terrorists. They are pretty cool, most of them if not all.
    2. Mushrraf is somewhat a selfish and vision less dictator.Cruel? no atleast he is not slaughtering his own people.
    3. Judiciary system needs (And always needed) improvement.
    4. Geo.... ummmm cool
    5. No idea dude....

The Webmaster, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  4. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    1- Pakistani people are peaceful.There are many extremists too in Pakistan but imo 85% Pakistani people are peaceful.
    2- Musharraf is dictator but not cruel.
    3- Pakistani judiciary was working independent before martial-law in Pakistan
    4- Geo
    5- Pakistani army officials are not corrupted.Only few are corrupted.

saadahmed007, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I am from the US. Pakistan is actually the only Islamic country I like. I know that doesn't sound very nice, but it is honest. I admire and respect Pakistan for standing up to the extremists. I was unaware of the details about why Musharraf is a bad leader. I have heard some Pakistani people say that, and I will take your word for it. If he is a bad leader, I hope you get a better one. BUT, I hope your country is never ran by the taliban or extremists. I hope the people in Pakistan will never hate the US and our countries will always be friends.:)

Rebecca, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  6. procrastinator

procrastinator Peon

Best Answers:
    Musharraf has been systematically funding terrorism against indian & the pakistan army has been consistently sending jehadis / mujahids ie terrorists across the border, setting up sleeper cells all over & overall creating disturbance in india, and now due to the american pressure he has to gun down the same monsters he created , so yes he might not be cruel (for the world atleast) he sure is an idiot.

The common pakistani man however is more intrested in his daily bread than anything else , just like in india. Most of them would love peace more than anything else.

procrastinator, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Musharraf sounds pretty bad. But if US had to choose between Musharraf or Taliban, they will support Musharraf. If Taliban gained power, they may choose to try to blow the US off the map. That may be why US shows some support for Musharraf. Sort of like the lesser of two evils. But yeah, in the US most people just want peace too.

Rebecca, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  8. RovingCalypso

RovingCalypso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You do realize that India is doing the same from the Afghan side considering the extremely bad relations between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

As far as the topic is concerned, all the points the OP made are true, I'd like to add that Musharraf has been the worst dictator Pakistan had out of the four.

RovingCalypso, Nov 20, 2007 IP
    saadahmed007 likes this.
  9. Martens

Martens Peon

Best Answers:
    Ye really:D They just blow bombs peacefuly

Martens, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  10. greatlogix

greatlogix Active Member

Best Answers:
    1- Pakistani people and nation is peaceful not a terrorist as a whole. Agree
    2- Musharraf is a cruel dictator. Agree. He and his army has killed many Pakistanis on the name of fight against terrorism including women and children
    3- Pakistani judiciary was working independent before martial-law in Pakistan judiciary was never independent
    4- Geo is most favorite and watched TV just like BBC id UK and CNN of America ARY is another TV channel banned in Pakistan
    5- Pakistani army officials are very corrupted and business Mafia Pakistan Army is eating 80% of Pakistan's budget and in reward they have conquered Pakistan 4 times.

greatlogix, Nov 21, 2007 IP