1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you use adblock, adblock plus, and/or no script?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by usasportstraining, Nov 19, 2007.

?

adblock, adblock plus, and/or no script for Firefox?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. No, I do not use these plugins

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
    If so, that's your choice, but do you realize that they block the processing of javascript and will not allow the processing of the ad.

Do you use adblock, adblock plus, and/or no script?

You can get these for Firefox and I know IE7 has it's own version.

These hurt all those that are trying to earn money via Adsense and the like.

---

usasportstraining, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  2. t2000q

t2000q Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    never heard of it, going to google it now ...

t2000q, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  3. the Patrician

the Patrician Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One thing most of you who complain about us exercising our right to not be plagued by all the advertisements that litter the web landscape is that we who use these programs to block all the nuisance ads are not the people who would be clicking your ads anyway.

I find it a blessing to be able to surf the web without having to wait five minutes on a high speed cable connection for a bunch of shock wave files, boring donkeyed sales pitch audios and videos to load. I am not on the web for you.

So live with it and realize that people who might actually do you some good will be happy to click your ads.

Remember freedom of choice also means freedom to NOT have to wade through the crappy ads to see if your website actually has anything worth looking at.

If anything, it gives your cpm ratio a better boost to not have us running up impressions that will be ignored anyway. At its worst, all it is is like having a brick and mortar store and watching people walk on down the sidewalk without looking at your display window. Would you be expecting a shop owner to run out and complain to them?

Its something to think about.

The service is not there to "steal" money from you. You wouldn't be getting it from us anyway. So why not just keep working your SEO and have a good site and you will get customers anyway, just probably not me.

-Bye- ;)

the Patrician, Nov 19, 2007 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  4. Blackmane

Blackmane Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason I use adblock is that I don't want to click on ads. If they load I ignore them. As well as this i'm on a metered connection. If the advert is about 100kb in size (big ass flash one) and I see 100 of them a day it all adds up to the wasted bandwidth.

Blackmane, Nov 19, 2007 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  5. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Good points!

We represent a very small drop in the bucket of internet visitors. Also, we are probably on the more savvy than the average internet user, so we likely don't click on many adds (unless you're doing it because you like the ad or whatever).

Ironically, we may be shooting ourselves and one another in the foot by using such plugins...

usasportstraining, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  6. Nosfer

Nosfer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i don't use something like that... but i don't usually click ads on websites i visit. maybe only by mistake.

Nosfer, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  7. decepti0n

decepti0n Peon

Best Answers:
    It does not, anybody who uses adblock will either not really care about blocking google ads because they aren't the POS loud flash ones, and they wouldn't click your adsense ads anyway. It's stupid to say you're losing money based on potential income you never would have gotten anyway.

decepti0n, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  8. NiTS.In

NiTS.In Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, even on my sites, to not get anxious about low ctrs

NiTS.In, Nov 25, 2007 IP