1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the best ebooks to spend money on?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by crystak, Nov 18, 2007.

I've heard of The Rich Jerk, Rock Star Status, Duvet Dollars, Day Job Killer etc. and etc. but I'm wondering who has tried these (only ones I can think of at the moment) or other ones and found them useful and insightful as I'm thinking of getting one of these so called popular books.

This might also be a discussion about which product on the internet may have highest conversion rates, good for affiliating with.

If this is posted in the wrong forum please move it but I thought this one would be most sensible.

crystak, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  2. sky2high

sky2high Guest

Best Answers:
    from what i know (which isn't much, im still a newbie after 10 months of this crap on and off) most of the e-books have similar content. basically, none of them that i've read have had any significant "whoa" facts in them. just the same old washed up SEO and getting traffic by having content crap. some of them say to scare people into going in with an ad like "click here, your life may be in danger!" but of course that won't lead to a long successful website since visitors arent likely to return. but uh yeah i wouldn't spend your money on e-books like that. i don't recommend warez of course either -.- but ya know, some of the e-books are ridiculously priced and can be obtained through other means. (like reading them from your friend who bought them, you know, nothing bad :-I )

sky2high, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  3. jobic

jobic Peon

Best Answers:
    I have all four of them, I think. Not Sure about Rockstar status, although it does sound really familiar. So I'm not going to say anything about that one.

Rick jerk is a good book, it has some great information in it,
    Duvet dollars... well, let's just say that one didn't teach me anything. It's all basic knowledge.
    Day job killer was a good one too, had some nice tactics and strategies.

I'll have to do a search on my computer for rockstar status, but I do think I read it.
    If I remeber it correct the author was talking about going to parties with his friends in a limo and staying in a luxury penthousse or something... yeah, like a rockstar hah :D

I'll look it up :)

Edit: Don't you love fast computers? Apparently I do have that Ebook.

Contents:

Introductions p3
    Million dollar methodology (go BIG or go home) p7
    Market skimming (finding products to promote) p14
    Keyword harvesting (Building lists & tracking keywords) p21
    Adwords copy (Copywriting tricks, CTR, Quality score) p30
    Nuking 2.0 (taking over the organic listings) p40
    Direct linking next gen (as low as $.01 clicks) p54
    Cult status (list building and landing pages) p65
    The free lunch method (No cost ARS power tactic) p70
    Affiliate attack (the all out assault) p75
    Bonus chapter: How to splurge like a rockstar p77

In total 87 pages. :)

hope that's useful for you,
    jobic

jobic, Nov 19, 2007 IP
    crystak likes this.
  4. freshwrite

freshwrite Peon

Best Answers:
    I never bought e-books and i will never buy.

The reason is simple:

People claiming that you can make so much money after reading their e-books, would be so rich if their e-book would bring so much money. Why they don't apply the precious information in their lives and why are they selling the e-book ?

This should be the first thing to think of whenever your eyes reach some e-book advertising.

Just my two cents.

freshwrite, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  5. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    These questions are easily answerable, and I am still puzzled why I see them all over the internet. They are selling the e-books because it means MORE REVENUE for them. How is that hard to understand? They surely aren't letting out secrets and are not giving you the exact way to success. They are just compiling information available freely elsewhere that you would have to spend a long time and experience several failures to find out. The absolute majority would not be able to apply the ''techniques'' they mention because they are not giving you every single detail. It is just a bit more complex than saying ''have a good product, market it well, and you will make millions.'' In any case, even that kind of information is helpful to a newbie and sometimes we just need to be shown where to start.

Now, I've read the Rich Jerk e-book when I was just starting and it did contain valuable pieces of information. However, the sales letter blatantly lies and the asshole ''talks'' to the readers as if they were pieces of shit. I personally believe that you should treat people the same way they treat you. In the case of the Rich Jerk, be a jerk by buying and then asking for a refund. It is what I did. If that guy were in front of me ''talking'' to me the way he ''talks'' to his readers I would kick his ass. If you are just starting, you can do the same. It will help you, but that guy has no manners and addresses the readers as if they weren't human beings. He deserves no money from anybody.

Same goes for any other e-book. If the sales letter lists benefits that you are seeking and guarantees them, make sure that the payment system they have in place is reputable and then go for it. If the information in the e-book is helpful and it did everything it said it would, then the guy deserves your money and you have made the right move. If there is any lie and the book does not offer what it said it would, ask for a refund as the seller does not deserve your money at all.

Good luck.

save-a-family, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  6. Dudefromusa

Dudefromusa Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe experience yourself and dont waste money on ebooks :)

Dudefromusa, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  7. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Most eBooks are over hyped and do not deliver any thing they claim. Often times they are loaded with offers to buy more books to learn what they promised they would teach you. I have bought one eBook (not related to earning money) and it was the only book I found worth the money. I have bought several others but normally as a package and costly less than a few cents a piece.

Basically, if the claim sounds to good to be true, avoid it because it is just some scheme to get your money.

allout, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  8. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Two great eBooks I found is the ProjectX and Aaron's SEO Book. These are great resources and you can earn big money just by reading and applying the knowledge within them :)

KC TAN, Nov 19, 2007 IP
    crystak likes this.
  9. broco

broco Peon

Best Answers:
    If people have good brain to get some idea, and some money to make the experiment :)

broco, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  10. Bornleader

Bornleader Banned

Best Answers:
    You can get ebook which will guide u to get more ebooks without pay anything.

check at
    and also get access to member area where u can get lots of ebooks for free.

hope i hv resolve yr problem.

Thanks

Bornleader, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  11. jobic

jobic Peon

Best Answers:
    that link, for me anyways, doesn't seem to work.

it has a 406 error, "not accepted".

any ideas how this may be?

Edit:

Never mind, my ****** browser had his mind set on not showing me the site :)
    plain old internet explorer does show it, so no probs anymore:D

greetz,
    jobic

jobic, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  12. dailydee

dailydee Peon

Best Answers:
    ebooks about making money are evil, don't waste your money.

dailydee, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  13. crystak

crystak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback - I will look up the Project X and Aaron SEO book and then see if I decide to buy them.

crystak, Nov 19, 2007 IP