1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

valid pr4 to fake pr 4 after i buy?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Pinup Girl, Nov 17, 2007.

hey!!
    well,some days ago i bought a domain, i checked in 10 diferent pagerank verifiers and all them showed valid pr4,so i bought the domain,and after the domain was transfered to my account ( 5 days after the order) i checked the pr again,and in all sites it shows as fake pr 4
    looks like i was cheated by the seller..

somebody have idea of what happened?:confused:
    how can show valid pr and some days after show fake pr?

byebye

Pinup Girl, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  2. mrix

mrix Active Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed that when a domain has been forwarded to a domain that has a certain PR and then it used for its own site and no longer forwarded it can take on the PR of the site it was forwarded to for a fair ammount of time.
    Until google updates then it gets its correct rank.. maybe this is what has been done?
    I have seen this happen a few times.
    Cheers
    mrix

mrix, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  3. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Any chance you can post or PM the domain, and i'll tell you what's up with it. The domain may of just dropped it's cache which will display as not valid in most PR checkers.

I can do a manual check on it, PR tools are wrong alot.

sweetfunny, Nov 17, 2007 IP
    Pinup Girl and tattoos like this.
  4. aspire

aspire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how to ensure that this does not happen to the person who is purchasing the domain and getting it transferred to his/her registrar.

aspire, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  5. pedring

pedring Banned

Best Answers:
    This tool http://digpagerank.com/ use to check PR weather it is fake,confirm or non-confirm.I hope this will help you next time.

pedring, Nov 17, 2007 IP
    Pinup Girl likes this.
  6. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Manually check the domains backlinks to see if it has enough Pagerank links to support the current PR.

For instance, a PR5 domain that only has a PR3 backlink is a bad investment.. The domain will most certainly drop next update, and will only have the authority of a PR1 or 2 despite what the toolbar say.

tanujdude91 likes this.
  7. Pinup Girl

Pinup Girl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thanks everybody.. i only dont understant why the verifiers showed valid pr some days ago..

8. tanujdude91

tanujdude91 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Correct.
    A Valid PR 5 should have PR5 , PR6 & PR7 Backlinks or else its PR would drop in the next update...

tanujdude91, Nov 17, 2007 IP
    sweetfunny likes this.
  9. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Ingridk sent me her two domains, both are showing as fake due to a 301 redirect. One domain had enough backlinks to support the PR, so it probably got redirected recently because the domain it was redirected to had no PR.

The second, a complete fake PR from a redirect. All the pages showing as backlinks were actually links to this other domain.

Hope the links and explanation via PM helped you to spot domains like this next time. ;)

10. guardian78

guardian78 Banned

Best Answers:
    yes, the pages were redirecting to other valid PR as u checked. did u checked with smartpagerank and digpagerank and they didnt recognise that?

guardian78, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  11. Pinup Girl

Pinup Girl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    they recognised only after i buy the domain,before i buy, both was showing as valid

12. aspire

aspire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it possible for a dropped domain to hold onto its PR rank after the PR update with no backlinks to it except for its own pages.

aspire, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  13. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    It's highly unlikely, oh BTW i sort of got your domain Jaspire.com :)

sweetfunny, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  14. touches93

touches93 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is updating PR almost daily. It might be that it updates in your domain.

touches93, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  15. xenyo

xenyo Peon

Best Answers:
    You really need to do research on the domain or site before you buy if its a big purchase.

Just do back-link checks would be a start to see what kind of links are going into it. It will give you a good indication of the quality of the previous site.

For example if its mostly site-wides from 4-5 seemingly unrelated sites, then its probably brought links that won't be around for much longer. Or check those sites and see where the links are and are they reference links or in the Sponsored Links column, or even not there at all anymore.

If the links are from a range of sources and are in content talking about your site. This is usually good unless the webmasters makes regular reviews and updates and soon discovers that your domain no longer hosts the original site and removes your links.

Anyways , stuff like that.

Oh, Google also stopped showing PR on its DCs, so depending on what tool you were using and when , that might of been the problem. Not sure if its back up yet actually.

xenyo, Nov 18, 2007 IP
    Pinup Girl likes this.
  16. TitanIcons.com

TitanIcons.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Happened to me a while back. Some techniques are getting more savvy at faking it.

TitanIcons.com, Nov 18, 2007 IP