1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wanting a contact form added to my wordpress

Discussion in 'Programming' started by dimmakherbs, Nov 14, 2007.

What i want to do is creat a 'Ask Sean' page on my blog. So i need a page created that people can go to and fill out a form to ask, that will be emailed to me.
    I also need a permanant window in the main page of the blog with a line about like
    "want your question answered in a blog post? go to the ask sean page" etc.... would like to all blend with the site and such. Perhaps can remove the very top adsense input to the box.
    last thing would like someone to look at the adsense placement and see if the positioning could be maximized? I don't want a bunch of adsense on the page, but i do want it all blended and look neatly placed in good places. The site is about the content, not the adsense revenue for me.
    thanks
    estimates can be pmed to me or posted

dimmakherbs, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  2. tamilsoft

tamilsoft Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can make a wordpress plugin for this, PM me ...

tamilsoft, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  3. Lord Fire

Lord Fire Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i dont know about wordpress but i can make php code for this

Lord Fire, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  4. dimmakherbs

dimmakherbs Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ive gotten some offers, can everyone be specific what they can and can't do? if your able to do the adsense too for example

dimmakherbs, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  5. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Well if you still want to know how to implement a contact form on your WP theme or if anyone else wants to know. You can get the plug in at WP Plugin Directory >> Contact Forms. I personally use the the contact form made by Ryan Duff for my main blog (the link next to my avatar). Works perfectly. I'm not a php programmer or anything rather I'm still learning every time I install something but it's very simple to install on your own. For Ryan Duff's plugin:

1. Download plugin
    2. Log into your web host's panel
    3. Upload the file it into your wp-content/plugins directory (if you are using cpanel you can extract the zip file using the extract option after uploading it to your server)
    4. Log into your WP panel
    5. Click on the Plugins tab
    6. Locate the plug in and activate it
    7. Click on the Write tab
    8. Click on the sub link Write Page to create a page
    9. Give it a title 'Ask Sean' or whatever
    10. Insert <!--contact form--> into the coding
    11. Save and test out your new contact form.
    That's what I did to implement Ryan Duff's contact form plugin. :)

CU_Designs, Nov 16, 2007 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  6. dimmakherbs

dimmakherbs Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I needed something more custom. Im getting a button made and placed with a descriptioin and popup window with a contact form with specific fields emailed to me, but thanks for the write up

dimmakherbs, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  7. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks CU Designs, I will definitely check that out

kentuckyslone, Nov 16, 2007 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  8. udkl_12_98

udkl_12_98 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You should have received a PM ;)

udkl_12_98, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  9. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    dimmakherbs:
    Somebody hasn't been paying attention. hehe. Well, if you feel that's what you have to do, then all the best to you. ;)

kentuckyslone:
    You're welcome. :)

To anyone else reading this thread:
    If you're looking for WP Plugins for customizable contact forms and don't want to pay anyone to make you one when something like it already exists free: You can get it free and it will allow you to customize your own fields. I used a different WP plugin some months back that was one of those customizable contact forms and used it for a cooking site I did for someone with custom fields specifically for other people to submit recipes (including fields for the recipe directions, name of it, ingredients and upload pictures field and so on) that will be emailed to the person I did the site for when a viewer submits their recipe. And all the customizing was done right there in the WP panel (no coding experience necessary). The WP plugin was perfect. At the moment I don't remember who made it, but I'll look for it this weekend. I do know I found it via the WP Directory. There isn't a need for me to come back to this thread. So if anyone is interested in knowing where I found it (if I can find it again) and even online generators that will help you with pop-up windows as quick as in a flash and how to make them work with links, buttons or images (that you or another makes) then pm me and I'll tell you. Heck I might just blog about it; should be useful to many that way.

Everyone enjoy your weekend. :cool:

CU_Designs, Nov 17, 2007 IP