buying itrader for .05c

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by samantha pia, Nov 16, 2007.

i see itrader as a means to judge a persons trust when i am going to deal with payments of cash. but it saddens me to see that itrader can be bought for the sum of .05c

ghost.d0wn

has a "dont trust ghost.d0wn" thread in GC Here and he is still trading even though his paypal is limited and the whole thread is about chargbacks.

looking at his 30 itrader one by one i notice most of them are $2 or less, and 2 for .05c yes you heard me, itrader for .05c a pop.

this thread Make .05 in PP for answering a question - 1, 000 people this equates to 1,000 positive itrader for $50

but it dont end there.

this other thread he started Make .05 in PP for answering a question is also itrader for .05c a pop

now apart for obtaining 30 good itrader and one negitive itrader over a .10c deal that went pear shaped. WTF is this guy doing on DP?

i think all his itrader both given and received should be wiped off the board and him banned

i also think we need to set a limit to what value i trader is worth. is it worth .05c or $5? we need a line drawn as the itrader problem is getting worse, not better.

here in this thread he is giving itrader for money loans I am willing to loan money through PP to trusted members

enough is enough. lets put an end to the itrader abuse and set some value/limits on it

he charged back .05c

samantha pia, Nov 16, 2007 IP
    m0rtal, Yfcadmin, Halobitt and 2 others like this.
  2. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I see a lot of that crap in the BST section. Feel free to report them, they will be moved to Freebies.

Katy, Nov 16, 2007 IP
    Yfcadmin likes this.
  3. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad you started this thread actually Sam, because I noticed something odd with ghost.d0wn's profile - his location, homepage are given as: www.alexstenerson.com
    Which is a site belonging to this member: Coolalex
    I have a good memory for this sort of detail, so spotted the conflict straightaway.
    This seems suspicious to me, but after some digging around I do not think this second account (ghost.d0wn) is anything to do with Coolalex. I do believe this ghost.d0wn character is trouble and worthy of further investigation.

CountryBoy, Nov 16, 2007 IP
    sawz and mcfox like this.
  4. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hes quite young as Ive read some of his posts how he can't do some of the things since hes "under age"
    But I do agree with you

Shazz, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  5. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    This is a very good point raise, maybe Itrader shd be revamped.

wisdomtool, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  6. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To post an iTrader their should be a rule about value, $5 minimum?

jg123, Nov 16, 2007 IP
    Yfcadmin likes this.
  7. xbrain

xbrain Peon

Best Answers:
    He quite active in the buying and selling and sometimes I wonder how much money he have..??

xbrain, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  8. Agent_Dweeb

Agent_Dweeb Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah, people do sell legit stuff for undert that price

He can article write as well.

Agent_Dweeb, Nov 16, 2007 IP
    Yfcadmin likes this.
  9. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Such as eBooks?...

Shazz, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  10. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i sell stuff from $5 to $175 and trust me i would sooner have a limit set at $10 or more for itrader, the only neg itrader i got from 50+ is for a $5 deal
    it would save having itrader on the same parr as rep and make it less open to abuse

11. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree on this view, I don't have many traders here on DP or any other webmaster forums. I mainly prefer to do deals through MSN and other instant messenger systems.

I've had a few deals here at DP. I have noticed that there's quite a huge amount of users that misabuse this system. I believe restricting it would be a good idea, perhaps raising the limits?

Regards,
    Meti

WatchOut, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  12. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    you do your deals via msn and other messengers?
    Tip. thats against the rules, and it is also against the rules to make trades via pm and give itrader.
    itrader is for people that have made a deal via a thread, and nothing more.

the problem is that people are dealing via pm because they wish to protect who they are, what they are spending and some of the big spenders like to deal in private.

i have personally had $X.XXX.xx deals and not exchanged itrader because:
    #1 at that level its not about rep
    #2 at that level it is about privacy
    #3 it ain't anyone else's business

the rules stand that you both had to participate in a thread, (make some contact) a pm me the details and the like.
    and by the rules you should have made the deal in the thread to exchange itrader, not via pm, but some lax in this was/is given and now it is open to abuse

return to the rules and make all deals open and public for itrader and you solve most of the abuse issues

if you open the system to abuse, you can expect nothing but abuse.

the rules state that abuse of itrader is a bannable offence and you will be banned for it. but things are a little hazy just now because DP has given an inch, and people have took a mile

13. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The threads with "PM me for more info" should be closed...
    If thats all the info its provided its a affliated link thats a 10 cents threads eh

Shazz, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  14. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    no, a pm me for the info, is a way that the thread starter has to get his thread bumped to the top of the forum, because it is generating interest, the thread starter cant post "pm me for details" because his thread will never get seen after 1 day.

ligit intrest is fine, but when a thread starter has the same guy posting "pm me the details" after every thread, trust me. i notice the names and i bring that attention to the admin, and your days are numbered

15. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    Samantha, I think you misunderstood me. I haven't received Traders for doing deals on MSN. I meant I usually do my deals through IM's this is to make sure there are no misunderstoodments and false accusations. If you go through my traders, you will see that there are only valid traders with legal threads pointed.

Previous deals that I've done on IM's stood on IM's, neither have I ever received any feedback on the iTrader system for those deals, and trust me, I am well-informed about the rules. I hope you do understand me this time.

Regards,
    Meti

16. waxingpoetic

waxingpoetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No amount of iTrader can outweigh a gut feeling. There is too much merit placed on iTrader and rep at these forums. As it stands, it is very difficult to build reputation, and that is the reason for the abuse.

People will always strive for rank...even in forums. When iTrader and rep can cost someone a deal involving any amount of money, it's a problem.

I never base trust on iTrader or rep...I base it on the integrity of the person, their posts, their interaction with others, and what others are saying about them in posts. Of course iTrader, post count, and rep play into it to a degree...they are impossible to ignore when they are shoved in your face with every post.

That being said...it's not like I'm a "high-ranking" member myself...it doesn't really matter to me.

waxingpoetic, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  17. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    Excellent summarizing waxingpoetic, I couldn't agree any more. I also feel users put too much weight on some factors such as rep, traders and so, but over the months I've seen users being scammed by users with a good amount of traders, and quit ea few blocks of reps.

Meti

18. EasyMoney1

EasyMoney1 Guest

Best Answers:
    Didn't Ebay do something with their feedback system recently . You could at one time buy 1 cent ebooks on there and gain feedback very quickly . I think they put a stop to this though as being an abuse of their feedback system . Could DP do some thing along those lines .

EasyMoney1, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  19. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    i didnt misunderstand anything. the rules state "see below" that you both have to have made the deal within the thread thats quoted as the itrader url.

this rule was made last year because when itrader was implemented it soon became apparent that it could and was being abused like rep, by the rep gangs. and today we have had a lax in the deals to a point where you get itrader for never having made a post on the whole DP site.

about 2 months ago i seen a member with 1 itrader and no post count, i put it down to him having all his posts deleted for bump/spam/ whatever.

making your deal in public on the thread, is your only 100% safe guard, mods can see your posts. and can see what was edited, so they see what was changed and what was sold, /asked/ bid/ quoted/posted/ you name it they see it.
    the moment you take it to pm, you loose all validation from what was posted in the thread you delt in. mods have no idea what was said in your pm, they have no idea what was sold for what price.
    in the thread they can follow your deal. it is there and they can see who edited what afterwards.

thats why the rep gangs target the new members. "do as i ask and you'll get lots of rep from me and my gang" funny how people get so high with so few posts. but there you go, abuse at it highest level.

buying them for .05c each

to me this means the deal has to take place in the thread, not in pm.

20. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I never saw that stop? Theres a still a ton right now lol

Shazz, Nov 16, 2007 IP
    samantha pia likes this.