1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by mridout196, Nov 16, 2007.

I've been trying adsense for a while now and had mixed results, in total I probably make $10 a month from around 6 sites, not great I know but everyone has to start off small.

Anyway, I created a simple site, in about 10 minutes, stuck some adsense on and shoved it on adwords.

Now for this site my click through rate is Around 9% I think thats pretty sweet to be honest but I could be wrong, also I heard that Google gets suspicious of high CTR's?

Any advice?

mridout196, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  2. FairyOfLove

FairyOfLove Banned

Best Answers:
    go in for SEO, and PPC together, you may fetch good results :)

FairyOfLove, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  3. igi_smalls

igi_smalls Peon

Best Answers:
    Google can get suspicious all they want, if you're doing nothing wrong, they would have no reason to ban you.

igi_smalls, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  4. adcentsexperiment

adcentsexperiment Peon

Best Answers:
    Define "a while". Sounds to me like you're spreading yourself way too thin. Six sites? Why not focus on 1-2 and go from there?

adcentsexperiment, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  5. temujin

temujin Peon

Best Answers:
    you should definitely aim higher than 10$ a month. it's also better to focus on one site and not alot , theres alot of reasons for this.

temujin, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  6. patataur

patataur Peon

Best Answers:
    If you wanna make money for real don't spend 10 minutes to create a simple site then shove it on adword.

Spend hours after hours developping a nice and interesting website that will really interest people in the real world, spend some time to determine a good ads position and work out a good adwords strategy.

Then you will make money.

patataur, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  7. mridout196

mridout196 Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok I agree, but is a click thru rate of 9% not bad considering the time spent on the site?

mridout196, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  8. patataur

patataur Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends, if you had a small numbre of clicks, statistics are irrelevant.

Besides, click thru rates is not the end all, the end all is a functionning business model, i think.

Overall, 9% is rather good though.

patataur, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  9. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, now I get it (whole situation) when people say they make less than dollar a day with adsense... So making all that simple sites takes something about hour, then you get paid something like $10. Not bad. And equal to time you spent:) Now try to add several dozens of pages and create traffic to all of them so each of them will make $10 a day over time. That will be about $60 a day roughly of course.

SEOLinker, Nov 18, 2007 IP