1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have a Question about Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by Gregtq, Nov 14, 2007.

Since August 22, 2007 I have had this problem and can not find an answer or help to resolve it.

I moved from a VPS to a dedicated server the middle of August 2007 (same host)
    Yahoo picked me back up within a couple weeks. I was #2 at google and I'm still not listed there after two and a half months. Google is looking at my old IP index page which is now a drug company (not mine)
    Last month google did find my forum: http://www.treasurequestxlt.com/community/
    But their not finding my new IP index page: http://www.treasurequestxlt.com/

Why is my old IP still showing for my sites here: http://whois.webhosting.info/205.234.252.137

Would someone help look into this for me? I'll pay to get this fixed.

Thank you,

Greg

Gregtq, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  2. cosmocentral

cosmocentral Banned

Best Answers:
    One thing you could do is resubmit the site at Google.

cosmocentral, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you've changed your domain name, moving from one server to another or from one host to another will have no effect at all on search engine rankings. Search engines don't care where the URL physically resides (the one exception is in the regional Googles where it is one factor figuring into inclusion).

If you have changed domain names (i.e., the new URLs are different from the old ones), your best bet is to use a 301 Permanent redirect. If you still have access to the old server, you can do that via your .htaccess file. If not, you are effectively starting over - establish a Google Webmasters account and generate and submit a sitemap.

minstrel, Nov 14, 2007 IP
    ssandecki likes this.
  4. Gregtq

Gregtq Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tried this, now when I view my cache snapshot I see that drug company.

Gregtq, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  5. Gregtq

Gregtq Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not changed any of my domain names. Nothing has changed except my server and IP. Google is still looking at my old IP after 2 1/2 months.

Greg

Gregtq, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  6. minstrel

Best Answers:
    You need to ensure that the nameserver points to your new IP address. Have you done this? If it was done on your behalf, I suspect it wasn't done properly.

Try doing a whois on your domain name. What IP address or nameservers show up?

7. Gregtq

Gregtq Peon

Best Answers:
    I changed them and they are correct. The whois is correct and has my new IP listed along with the correct name servers.

Anything else you can think would cause this?

Gregtq, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  8. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but I'm confused. How do you know this?

9. Gregtq

Gregtq Peon

Best Answers:
  10. minstrel

Best Answers:
    This site is hosted in Russia?

11. CollyMellon

CollyMellon Peon

Best Answers:
    Second that, forget the cache snapshot for now and get a webmaster account signed up ensuring the latest sitemap is submitted and pages are getting indexed.

CollyMellon, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  12. Gregtq

Gregtq Peon

Best Answers:
    I have tried many times to submit a google sitemap and with several different sitemaps. Each time I get an error.
    Here is the robot.txt file I see at google tools for me. This must be that drug co. robots file.

Gregtq, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  13. minstrel

Best Answers:
    That's not a robots.txt file. That's an HTML page.

But I'm getting more and more confused. Which site is yours? Is that your site hosted in Russia or someone else who's hijacked you?

minstrel, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  14. Gregtq

Gregtq Peon

Best Answers:
    That's not my site from Russia.
    My site is www.treasurequestxlt.com
    Google has no record of any of my sites and all the sites I had on that server are affected: http://whois.webhosting.info/205.234.252.137

www.treasurequestxlt.com was at #2 at google.

I'm confused to about all of this because I just can't find an answer.

Here is a picture of google tools page. http://www.treasurequestxlt.com/TQ.jpg

My robots.txt file is:

Thank you.

Gregtq, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  15. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Okay. This is a different issue and, thankfully, not one I've yet had to deal with: You've been hijacked.

Do a Google search for 301 hijacking. There must be some way to circumvent this and/or report it to Google.

16. Gregtq

Gregtq Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know who I can talk to about this? I just tried calling google but they don't have live customer support so I'm out of luck there.

So if I was hijacked was all the 9 sites on the old server hijacked as well? http://whois.webhosting.info/205.234.252.137
    Their all suffering the same affect.

Gregtq, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  17. Gregtq

Gregtq Peon

Best Answers:
    Gregtq, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  18. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I'm a bit out of my depth here, Greg. I have read about these Google hijackings but have no direct experience. I know that Google has acknowledged the existence of the problem and has taken some steps to rectify them. You might have better luck contacting Google via email. First step I think would be to set up a Google Webmaster account - there's probably a contact form there and you can let them know what domains and subdomains you actually have.

There are almost certainly some threads here at DP about the problem. If you can't find them here, try WebMasterWorld.com (Brett Tabke's forum).

19. Gregtq

Gregtq Peon

Best Answers:
    I emailed Google last week and haven't heard back from them. I sure wish there was someone who could figure this out.

Thanks guys,

Greg

Gregtq, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  20. Gregtq

Gregtq Peon

Best Answers:
    I have done everthing I can think of but I'm at a dead end. Sent an email to google a few weeks back but no response back.

To top it all off I went to Yahoo today to see if I was still ranked #1 for key word "Metal Detecting" ...well I was but couldn't believe the description under Treasure Quest. That is not my description, that looks like drugs.
    Does anyone know who I can talk to to get all this resolved? Below is how Yahoo got me listed.

Treasure Quest - Metal Detecting
    Best TRAMADOL CHEAP links & users bookmarks collection on tramadol-cheap.turismochile.com domain! Access classify links about TRAMADOL CHEAP now!
    www.treasurequestxlt.com - 24k - Cached

Gregtq, Dec 3, 2007 IP