1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone having problems with TLA Inlinks wordpress plugin???

Discussion in 'General Business' started by excaliburwebdesigners, Nov 8, 2007.

I have monetized some of my blogs with TLA's inlink program and was earning a good monthly income up until a day or so ago.

All of a sudden the blogs stop displaying their inlinks and my revenue kept going down as links were canceled, i have now lost more than 2/3 of my TLA revenue and will probably lose the rest in the next day or two if i can sort out the problem.

Has anyone here had the same problem of the TLA links not being displayed?

This is the wordpress version of TLA using the Inlink plugin not the regular TLA system. if you have had the problem and got a solution please, please, please post here and let me know what it is.

Rep++ added to anyone that can help. :)

excaliburwebdesigners, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  2. jkoll

jkoll Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am finding it hard just to find an info on how to install that very plugin. Could you point me in the right direction?

All TLA is now displaying in GetCode part is huge orange download without any instructions whatsoever :( So I got that plugin into my /plugin folder, activated it but somehow doubt thats it. Should not there be any control panel appearing somewhere withing the WP Admin environment?

Looking around the net I found this post http://www.pixelwit.com/blog/2007/10/25/text-link-ads-needs-improvement/
    so if you thought you are having issues with TLA plugins you may want to give it a read :).

From that article I see I should be looking for some Related links widget within my widgets menu but its just not there!:(

jkoll, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  3. excaliburwebdesigners

excaliburwebdesigners Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, there is no admin section, all you need to do is upload it to the plugins section of your site then activate it and wait for TLA to sell some ads for you.

I have overcome my problem, i downloaded WP 2.3.1 and upgraded all my blogs, re-installed the plugin and the ads became live again, thankfully....

TLA is a good source of revenue but does lack some features, like if you remove a blog from their system you have to email them to remove it from your account you cant do it manually, also like you say there is no admin to see if the plugin is working correctly, hopefully they will make some improvements over time.

excaliburwebdesigners, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  4. jkoll

jkoll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh thats excellent if its the way you say mate.

I read on the links in my previous post that a "Related Links" widget should appear within the Sidebar Widgets part of WP Admin once TLA plugin is installed. And with that "Related Links" its supposed to be managed.

Needless to say that no such widget has popped up in my WP Admin console upon the TLA plugins activation :( So I hope your info is the correct one :)

jkoll, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  5. monty2002

monty2002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm really confused by TLA on my blog..

they sen't me an e-mail saying they had sold an ad in one of my posts, but nothing has appeared on it? Do I have to do anything? Or does the advertiser sort everything out?

and I'm confused by the inlinks thing, does it automatically find links or does the advertiser specifically have to ask for particular words? I've installed the plugin but don't understand what to do now!

monty2002, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  6. excaliburwebdesigners

excaliburwebdesigners Peon

Best Answers:
    Once you install the plugin, TLA should scan all your blog posts, then one someone is looking for a particular keyword that your blog has in it, it will be sold to the advertiser, when you get you TLA ad sold email it should contain info on what blog post and keyword was sold. you should not need to do anything as it is all automatic
    see this blog post. i sold the keyword cards and the plugin automatically changed the text to a link.

If you are having the same problems i had with links not displaying i would suggest upgrading to the latest version of wordpress and downloading and re-installing the TLA plugin.

excaliburwebdesigners, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  7. jauhari

jauhari Peon

Best Answers:
    What's you mean download and reinstalling the plugins?

jauhari, Feb 17, 2009 IP