1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google won't index my site! What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by maxmitchell, Nov 12, 2007.

Hey everyone, I really need some advice.

I started an anime blog about two and half weeks ago I've only been indexed once. It's been 11 days since google crawled my site and I am chomping at the bit waiting for them to crawl again.

I've submitted everypage to digg, delicious, stumble, and propellor, I've got a handfull of links to pages with higher page ranks, and I've got tons of posts in anime forums that all link back and still nothing!

If you have time could you please check out my site: http://shinobuden.blogspot.com and tell me what I can do to improve my crawl rate?

I am going crazy.

maxmitchell, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  2. SunDevil

SunDevil Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice.

You have the meta tag : <meta content='1 day' name='Revisit-After'/> So you should being crawled daily.

if you just launched a few weeks ago i would give it some time and more links. SE rankings won't happen overnight. Also keep in mind that just because you are being crawled daily it doesn't mean your rankings will change daily.

SunDevil, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  3. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Live link.

You need to attract the bots to the site so they can start crawling and indexing. To do this you need some incoming links, a reason why I created the above live link.

As you contribute to posts on here you'll be allowed to have your link in your signature, like mine below. This helps to attract the bots.

cormac, Nov 12, 2007 IP
    pbruessow@msn.com likes this.
  4. pbruessow@msn.com

pbruessow@msn.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Max,

I added you to my signature temporarily to try to build some more backlinks for you. When you get indexed let me know so I can put back one of my sites (just PM me).

I see some of your subpages indexed, so it's just a matter of time to get your main page indexed. I hope my signature will help the next time the Google bot spiders. :D

pbruessow@msn.com, Nov 12, 2007 IP
    cormac likes this.
  5. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice one. ;)

cormac, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  6. pbruessow@msn.com

Best Answers:
    Cormac, I saw your post just after I submitted mine, we must have been writing nearly at the same time, but I had to change my signature.

Your pretty thoughtful yourself! Hope we have helped Max...:cool:

7. maxmitchell

maxmitchell Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my site, and for the links, super thoughtfull!!

I'll let you know when the indexing picks up, I really appreciate the help!

Peace!

maxmitchell, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  8. olti

olti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude dont worry. Its too soon :)

olti, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  9. pbruessow@msn.com

Best Answers:
    One more thing Max, go to Google and sign up for Google Webmaster Tools. Free way to check your backlinks (although they don't update very often) and see what the spiders see. Hope you are successful in your endeavors!;)

10. pachecus

pachecus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  11. miguel19

miguel19 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice, so it is important to have a sig with my link?

miguel19, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  12. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    You also need to have some patience. Google is very weary of new sites. And its a blogspot site/blog which gives even more reason to be weary. Build your content and IBLs and google will come. After all, they know exactly when you update the site - they host it for you. So, they know when they need to crawl your site.

BILZ, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  13. pbruessow@msn.com

Best Answers:
    Max,

I just checked your site on Google and the main page is now indexed. Just repeat the search with "omitted results showing" and you'll see it. Also my signature link is showing up as well in the search results. I'll give your site one more day in my signature, then I'm going to put mine back. Good luck in your future endeavors!;)

pbruessow@msn.com, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  14. bomberman

bomberman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, live link can really attract bots. Signatures also are very helpful in terms of indexing site and getting backlinks.

bomberman, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  15. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DP rocks man, i mean getting emotional seeing another webmaster being helped with live link signatures offered by others.....five stars for all of you guys:) :) :) :)

COBSolutions, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  16. sakib000

sakib000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Final words,
    I had same problem with my pr6 blog but I shouted the problem. When you update your blog regularly google bot will come on it on daily basis but if you stop updating it for about 10 days google will penalize your *home page only* for duplicate content from your own permalink pages. my blog slipped last for my own domain name keyword. but dont worry, as you start updating your blog again google bot will remove penalty and make every thing normal.

solution is - post at least one or two entry on your blog within a week

I am sure you are on my condition. I just checked by typing "shinobuden.blogspot.com" in google and a permanent page showed from your site instead your home page

rep is appreciated

sakib000, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  17. mgiannelis

mgiannelis Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi

My Name is Matthew

I really dont know what is going on here and I think google have there indexing wrong. But If I am doing somthing wrong please let me know

MY SITE www.aircraftsales.net.au
    THE OTHER GUYS SITE www.aircraftsales.com.au

I have a web site called " www.aircraftsales.net.au "
    There is also another web site out there called " www.aircraftsales.com.au" the .com.au page which is not owned by me has a higher google ranking when you do a search in Australian under the search term " Aircraft Sales " He gets listed on the first page of google and my site .net.au is many many search pages deep

Now what I am really confused about is that his page has no content in it all all. He has no meta tags and no backlinks
    All his page has on it is a name and a email address. And thats it!

I have but lots of effort into my page. It has heaps of content, loaded with some keywords, has meta tags a site map about 20 inbound links comming from other web sites....and I can keep going.

His site does not have any of that. As I said all it has is a contact address and an email address. And thats it.
    So why should he be higher in google. What in the hell have a done wrong?
    Please can someone help me out and let me know what is going on... I have heaps of links, tags, keywords ect ect
    He has none

Again My site

www.aircraftsales.net.au

His site that has no content but is higher in google for the search term in Australia " Aircraft Sales "
    www.aircraftsales.com.au

I also have one more question about Google.

Does anyone know why I dont have any releated pages
    For example when I type into a google search related:www.aircraftsales.net.au it does not give me any results

But if you do related on the other guys web site related:www.aircraftsales.com.au it will give you results. But he does not have any inbound links or has done any link building at all. The site has no content.
    How come when you do a related:www.aircraftsales.net.au I am not getting any results.

Im so confused.....What have I missed.
    What am I not doing,

I would really love some help from some one

Ps. I do get on the first page of google when you type " Autralian Aircraft Sales " in an Australian Search.

But I want to be on the first page for just "aircraft sales "

mgiannelis, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  18. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    snowbird, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  19. pbruessow@msn.com

Best Answers:
    MG,

Your competitors site is about 2 years old according to The Wayback Machine. Perhaps his site used to have more backlinks, or maybe 1 or 2 strong ones and somehow he lost them recently. I would expect that site to lose some SERP if it continues in the shape it's in.

How old is your site, maybe it's just sandboxed for being new. Read on the forum about sandbox effect in Google.

Keep your content fresh, link build (linkbait) and on page optimization should eventually boost your SERP.

Not sure why related doesn't work, but Googles online tools are somewhat retricted. Try to sign up for Google Webmaster Tools for a better picture. If you just type in your url, your pages come up fine. Keep refining and you'll gradually improve.:)

P.S.- Thanks CASH for the nice comment!!!

pbruessow@msn.com, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  20. fonque

fonque Peon

Best Answers:
    Achieving search engine ranking won't happen overnight. You have done your part by submitting your site to some of the quality bookmark site. Try to get more quality back links. And don't worry the crawler might be taking some time but it will enter your site. In between these time try to improve the quality of your site in order to get high rank.

fonque, Nov 14, 2007 IP