1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ron Paul surpasses $8 Million in donations!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guru-seo, Nov 11, 2007.

guru-seo, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  2. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    What a waste of money, we all now deep down he will never win.

Aceday, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  3. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He should reach his goal of $12 Million for the quarter without issue. Man I remember halfway into October getting nervous, as he only had like $1.5M. November 5th was a huge turning point for a lot of people, and I think it really showed that he is a mainstream candidate.

omgitsfletch, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  4. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think 20 million is within reach.

guerilla, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  5. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Even if he doesn't win, it might make candidates on both sides wake the fuxx up. You do not have to win in order to make an impact..

BTW fuck it, mainly because I don't trully like any other candidate out there, not one can I support, not even my original McCain. It however is fun to piss off the DP troll, count up another one who is backing RP.

I may just have to make a contribution..

Anyone have any banners for him?...

/ off to change my sig in support

GRIM, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  6. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Guerilla, I also think it's very much within reach. I'd like to think we have a chance to be among the highest fund-raisers this quarter, but it's hard to say with the amount of secrecy involved in the other top-tier campaigns. All I know is that people will be floored with the amount we raise this quarter, other candidates aside.

Grim, nice to hear you're finally coming aboard! If you wish, I can PM you some great groups and resources to get familiar with to get truly involved with the campaign. Also, I'd suggest you find a local Meetup group, they are getting involved in local Republican meetings, sign waves, political canvassing, fund-raisers, and many other activities. There are still 2 hours left in our Veteran's Day money bomb, and many are already putting money aside for our Tea Party money bomb.

Without a doubt, if Ron wins the nomination and later the election, it will be because one RP supporter is worth so many casual supporters of the other guys, as a result of how involved we get with the campaign. This isn't just another election for us, it's the opportunity to reform the government from the ground up and change the way we look at things that in the past we just accepted as commonplace.

7. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be happy to look at anything you've got ;)

I noticed more RP signs going up in Wisconsin, no signs for anyone else yet though.. At least the area I live in, a very republican part of the state.

GRIM, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  8. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Where you at in Wisconsin? You can PM me if you want to keep it private. I'm gonna find some stuff for you now.

9. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Grim you're the man, i always knew you had it in you. I'm pretty new to it all myself, some of his stances you may not agree with at first but it will all come together. :)

ncz_nate, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing to hide ;)

Dodge County
    I might not agree with every stance 100%, much more so than any other candidate though ;)

GRIM, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  11. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    PM sent. That should keep you busy for a while, Grim!

GRIM likes this.
  12. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I did too. I knew about a month ago! RP is "popular" in these parts ;)

Congrats, grim.

GTech, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

Yeah Gtech knows more about you than you do yourself, remember that.
    We should actually start asking Gtech what we should eat for breakfast, afterall he knows.

:rolleyes:

I said he was the most likely that I'd back, I however did not back him until now. Unlike your lie filled posts.

GRIM, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  14. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $16 million at this point looks like a done deal. Since Trevor has learned so much from the 11/5 money bomb, I'm anticipating a single day fund raising record in 12/16. The Tea Party will be huge.

Also, bear in mind that for Dr. Paul's campaign, there are volunteer phone bankers, emailers, staffers, etc. The signage on lawns is paid for by the grassroots themselves, rarely by the campaign as it is with others.

And then of course, all of the work setting up delegates, precinct captains and getting ballot access petitions done, which other candidates have to pay for, is again being done for free.

Now the earned media is coming, first Leno, now Letterman and The View. IIRC, John McCain has been on neither, and maybe not Fred Thompson either. In fact, Rudy seems to be the only Republican with any earned media support.

Add on the grassroots efforts, like the money bombs and Philly rally and the actual *value* to the campaign this quarter could approach the $40 or $50 million mark.

Wisconsin is behind the curve right now. Partly because it is an open primary (independents can vote for the Republican nominee) and because it comes up later in the process, on Super Tuesday. Right now, the bulk of the campaign resources are being put towards, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Nevada, Iowa and Michigan.

Still, there should be some MeetUps in the area, and we certainly need support from all 50 states. Wisconsin is ripe territory for the grassroots, with lower media buy costs, and almost zero attention from other candidates.

15. MarRome

MarRome Peon

Best Answers:
    8 million big deal. Romney probably makes that much in interest a day.

MarRome, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wisconsin is also one of those states that can go either way, very moderate so to speak..

GRIM, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  17. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $8 million is a big deal when you consider that without Romney's personal wealth, his campaign is bankrupt. He has almost no meaningful support outside the polls. Like Mike Huckabee and John McCain.

A $12 million dollar quarter will likely propel this campaign to second overall in fund raising (less debt). Pretty good for a darkhorse, longshot.

18. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    what a huge waste of money.. 100's of millions for an election for them to all screw us out of our dimes and pennies..lol

Brandon Sheley, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  19. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps that is why Ron Paul is getting so much of it. He's expected to either lower taxes to a marginal amount or abolish the IRS altogether. That's an idea worth investing in.

20. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    My favorite slogan to date is "I saved a bunch of money by switching to Ron Paul".

And yes, the value of our campaign and its support does not stop at dollars. As I said to Grim in my PM, one of the key assets to the Ron Paul campaign is that for every one supporter, we do the work of a few supporters for any other campaign. There is no questioning that us RP supporters are far from casual, as we truly believe that this is not just another election. This is a chance to change the way we look at government's role in general, and it's an exciting thing.

EDIT: I had not heard about Letterman, and vaguely heard about The View. Do you have dates/times for both of those interviews?