1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Women Soldiers On Front Line...

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Briant, Nov 11, 2007.

And the Chickenhawks Who Hide Behind Them.
    http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071111/NEWS01/711110379/1077/COL02

Or course the "elites" are hiding behind women. This should make even clearer what extraordinary cowards and hypocrites these warmongers are. We all know the Bush daughters are gainfully employed writing books for their father :rolleyes:

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2007/08/romney-my-sons-.html

Briant, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  2. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Women should be banned from combat

It's time to send in the convicts amd illegal aliens like the dirty dozen

If they do a do a good job and distinguish themselves, we can give them amnesty

bogart, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  3. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Fair play to those woman, at least they have the balls to fight for their own country unlike some pro war DP members who are sitting in the comfort of their homes watching it on the TV. . :rolleyes:

Plastic soldiers are pathetic.

cormac, Nov 11, 2007 IP
    omgitsfletch likes this.
  4. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This post deserves total applause.

astup1didiot, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  5. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    ...while others have never served their country and sit in the comfort of their home stealing freedoms off the backs of others, criticizing soldiers and their country.

Briant, do I remember correctly...you've never actually done anything for your country, correct?

GTech, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  6. rooneydavid

rooneydavid Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you ever give a thought to where and who those so-called freedoms you talk about are stolen from?

"never actually done anything for your country" knowing Americans the way I do, your talking about serving your country. Maybe Briant didnt serve his country but not everything is about serving your country. You cant put someones opinion down because of that, if that was the case Im sure you have an opinion about a certain event in NY, does it mean if you werent there that day that your opinion or feelings can be put down?

rooneydavid, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  7. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So, my 7 year army reserve service and still counting isn't enough for you? I didn't realize you were posting from Iraq!

astup1didiot, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  8. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't tell these neocon webwarriors anything about my self for good reason. Their shills like SH and RL are out front and center beating the war drums, yet have never saw fit to put on a uniform. Let them go fight this war. And since these cowards like to hide behind women, they should take Bush's daughters with them.

Briant, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  9. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe there is a key distinction between those who have never fought/served in our military and do NOT want war, and those who have never fought/served who DO want war. It doesn't take someone serving in the military to see the horrors of war and to realize that it can rarely be justified except in extreme situations (the most recent one that comes to mind is WW II). These people don't need to be shot themselves to know the pain it causes, and to know what it can do to people and countries for generations.

On the other hand, it's quite different to be calling for a war and putting our citizens' lives at risk, when you don't have the balls to pick up a gun yourself, or never have. As Briant mentioned, people like Hannity and Limbaugh are all too quick to call for war, when they know they won't be part of it. Romney is all too keen to stay in Iraq, while he tells the story of how his sons are doing something almost as honorable as serving in the military by helping with his campaign. To never have served, it takes a lot more justification to be calling for people to head off to another country where some will not come back alive, as opposed to never serving and saying "This war isn't worth another soldier's life."

One of the reasons I don't support a draft and never will, is because I'm quite confident it won't ever be justifiably needed. When we were attacked on Pearl Harbor, and our sovereignty as a country became threatened, did we need a draft? Hell no. Millions of men were willing to step up and grab a rifle, and head halfway across the world to attack a real threat and protect our country. This is in stark contrast to something like Vietnam, where a draft was needed because quite simply, the public was not behind the efforts there. Do we look back at Vietnam, at the many men who died for our country, and say "It was worth it for a just cause"? I do not think so. The bottom line is, a draft will never be needed, because if we are truly threatened, Americans will be more than happy to fight to protect ourselves.

And this idea is so pertinent to the Iraq war. Is Iraq a threat? Is it a just cause what we are doing there? We honor the veterans today because we feel they have done a duty that can never be fully rewarded, they have given their lives protecting our country. When Americans criticize soldiers for alleged torture/abuse/unlawful killings in Iraq, it's not because we hate the soldiers, at least for most of us; I'm sure there are some crazies who think every soldier is a monster, but it is not the majority opinion. We criticize their actions because we want to believe we're better than that, that we would never stoop so low. Without calling into question any particular incident and whether or not the allegations were true, it's quite simply the American nature to jump to conclusions quick, just because the media tells us so. It's sad that we apply this same quick draw mentality to our soldiers too, but it's just the way the American people are.

Don't call those who want us out of Iraq unpatriotic GTech, which you have not explicitly said, but which you are certainly trying to imply. We voice our opinions for the same reasons we do, because we feel that there are actions that need to be taken for the greater defense of liberty. Fear not, as I've said, because if Americans ever feel truly threatened, we will fight to the bitter end. Our collective voice is saying "We appreciate everything our vets do for us, but it's time to bring them home. Iraqis have a new government, and a dictator hung for all the world to see, and now it's time to leave them to discover their own destiny. Not one more soldier should come home in a box defending their liberty. Let's start thinking about our own."

I know this kind of turned into a rant, but to compare armchair peace advocates to armchair warriors, is quite ridiculous. Happy Veteran's Day, everyone.

omgitsfletch, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  10. GTech

Best Answers:
    We stirred up a hornet's nest in here, eh? :)

All the time.

You are new here. You may not be aware that Briant ONLY starts topics to tear America down. Don't just take my word for it, do a search by his username in this forum and see for yourself.

It's one thing occasionally criticize things, it's another when it's all you do.

My comments were not directed to you. Thank you for serving.

How about rp's kids? How about Clinton's? How about kerry's? He was for the war, before he was against, at least 14 different times. This is a horrible analogy on your part, but then again, tearing your country (if you are actually even an American), has been your sole purpose since day one.

This is a canard. It wasn't about wanting people out of Iraq, nor have I called you unpatriotic. I don't expect honesty and integrity from most here, but I've come to expect it from you. You normally stand above the crowd you associate with, in this regard. In fact, I'm surprised you are not taking a stand on "the other side."

GTech, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  11. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    Ron Paul himself served, so he probably knows better than to have his kids in the MIC meat grinder. Besides, they may actually have better things to do. These others talk about sacrifice etc., but aren't willing to do it themselves. I don't care if it's draft dodging Clinton or these other frauds. It should be clear that I don't think there is any difference between these corrupt politicians.

Briant, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  12. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i wonder why

ahkip, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  13. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    It's funny, when I first read the thread, I was very torn. Part of me said "both sides are talking out of their ass when they haven't done anything to warrant giving their opinion" and part of me screamed "they aren't the same thing". I think in a bit of haste, I felt you were implying that anybody who was anti-war was also totally unwarranted in giving their opinion, but upon giving the thread another read, it appears I was wrong. I think the group you were calling out was specifically those who are always the first to blame the soldiers for any new scandal, rather than anti-war supporters in general.

For this, I do apologize. And yes, you are correct on my being "on the other side", as I do feel that those who hastily jump to conclusions on anything, like our soldiers' actions in Iraq, are being ignorant. It's ironic and humbling that I committed this very same ignorance when reading what you had written. Again, my mistake, I'm sorry about that. :p

Dinner time!

14. GTech

Best Answers:
    Thanks fletch. No, I'm ready for our soldiers to come home too. I do not believe that was the subject at hand though. The surge in Iraq has worked. Violence is down and has been for six months. Iraqis are claiming al qaida in Iraq is defeated, as are some of our commanders. Iraqis are standing up, on their own, and fighting these terrorists and more and more control is being given to the Iraqi Army.

I can't think of a better time to declare a victory over al qaida and come home. I just wish some of the republicans in office could look at what's going on and what a great opportunity this would be. I don't want "us" there forever. There's no reason to be. Iraqis will endure their hardships, violence won't magically disappear, however, it is a prime opportunity for that transition and to deny the democrats the defeat they hope for.

GTech, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  15. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    Good idea. Too bad they didn't just declare preemptive victory and avoid this disaster in the first place.

Briant, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  16. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Not only that, but it would throw a kink in the works of the platform the Democrats seem to have chosen for 2008, which can be simply dubbed "less pro-war than the Republicans". Between that and a Democratic Congress that has sat on their asses for 2 years, it would make for quite an interesting election that 6 months ago was practically decided for the Democrats.

17. GTech

Best Answers:
    The democrats didn't anticipate or want success in Iraq, so it's thrown a kink into their strategies. I remember one debate, most of the top tier candidates wouldn't agree to an immediate pullout.

Honestly, I believe NOW is the best opportunity for, finally, some bipartisanship here. There is success. Dems wanted the war in the first place, then when things got tough, wanted to cut and run. We stuck through with it, now the success/victory is there and it would seem that both sides could get what they want, to a degree. Democrats could get "us" out of Iraq, though the victory would be a disappointment to them, and republicans can declare a victory and get "us" out. Our troops can come home, and hopefully not be spit upon by liberals like they were in the 70s.

GTech, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  18. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
  19. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you forgetting something? The fact that the person responsible for Sept 11th and leader of Al Qaeda is still a free man? :confused:

cormac, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  20. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    Briant, Nov 12, 2007 IP