1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned or deindexed - is there a difference?

Discussion in 'Google' started by 1-script.com, Dec 21, 2005.

Hello everyone,

Alas, the end result is no different: no traffic from G and site:www.yoursite.com yield zero results. Webmaster is unhappy :eek:

However, people still tend to use two different terms. I guess, de-indexed would imply a technical problem or error (on who's part though?) whereas banned would imply that you did something dodgy and got punished my G. The latter also implies that the punishment required human intervention.

In my mind, although the end result is the same, the implications are different. For example, if there is a way to define for sure that the site was banned by G, it would make total sense to simply abandon it (provided you did not bet your life on this site of course). If you can define that the site is de-indexed for a technical reason (too many links too fast or whatever), it would make sense to fix the technical problem and continue on with the site.

Oh, BTW, in my mind the definition of "dodgy" is blurred. I have this case where I suspect the ban (de-index?) has to do with the site dropping Adsense ads in favor of YPN. Within 3-4 days the site is gone from the G's index. Is that dodgy? I don't know for sure, but can't think of anything else that would upset G so much on this particular site.

So, has anyone gotten any negative Google ban experiences I can possibly learn from?

1-script.com, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  2. Davilac

Davilac Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so.

If you have the money to buy another OLD website. Remember Google loves old, in fact, Larry too want to be old :D .
    Now bans are not too bad. You can correct the mistakes and cab be readmitted. For example I managed to get a site indexed again 1 month and a half later.

eh boy, stop, calm down. Google IS evil, but still I think is not evil enough to do this!... or stupid enough...

Davilac, Dec 21, 2005 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  3. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    that is dead wrong... one example of the difference would be when you still rank well with google image searches, but all of a sudden rank very poorly in the serps... i have a site like that.

and the serp traffic i get from google on that site is very small... if the site was banned, i wouldn't be getting any kind of traffic at all.

danimal, Dec 23, 2005 IP