1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Waterboarding Torture?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guru-seo, Nov 8, 2007.

?

Is Waterboarding Torture?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Don't care one way or another

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed.

Refreshing for a change ;)

GRIM, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  2. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We prosecuted waterboarding as torture after WWII. The western world views it and would prosecute it as torture. Senator McCain, who suffered torture is against it. Within the Justice department there were serious contentious battles amongst conservative lawyers for and against it.

Of course its a form of torture. Outside of the US in the court of world opinion or more specifically if conducted by world courts or foreign courts, if caught, tried, and if the evidence was there, Americans responsable for it would probably be found guilty.

The administration is playing with words. It has slyly acknowledged waterboarding people, yet says we aren't torturing. The administration also claims it had a positive effect in prying evidence from a top level al-queda to help save lives. Even with that, if tryed outside the states, responsable Americans would be found guilty.

The spread of evidence of US abuse of rights in its efforts totally destroys the ability of the US to hold the moral high ground and develop allies.

Like most issues it is complex.

In weighing everything I'd weigh against its use and use other methods to emphasize protecting our interests.

earlpearl, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  3. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Deja vu all over again.

Perhaps it's time to pray?

GTech, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I take it you didn't read yourself.

#1 Facts overrule 'opinion or beliefs'
    #2 I didn't start a thread.
    #3 The poster reposted incorrect information AFTER I linked to facts on the subject, with quotes.
    #4 You're bringing up a quote from a thread created by a self proclaimed 'more religous than I' individual who continually creates threads to 'fight and trash others' all the time using fiction and his own beliefs, and that's about it.

I could go on and on Gtech, you're totally off as usual. If anyone fits that bill it would be you. Such phrases as

'terrorist supporter' 'tearing down america' and others

I unlike you use facts, there is a difference. Sorry I owned you so bad so many times you feel a need to stalk me ;)

:rolleyes:

GRIM, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  5. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Gtech owned! Again!

guru-seo, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  6. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How out of context does Gtech take things in an attempt to make an argument.

User proteindude who self proclaims himself to be a better christian than me, who starts such threads as
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=534484

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=503176
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=479872

Posted the following to me.

Wow talk about out of context, Gtech should be one of those highly paid people who uses distortions to destroy politicians, radio hosts, etc. You know like the ones he's always bitching about who 'misquote' good old Rush.

Give me a break.

GRIM, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  7. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder who the 2 idiots are that said that it isn't torture in the poll?

Hmmmm. :eek:

AGS, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  8. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe they should try it for them self, than maybe they will changed their mind :D

bfebrian, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  9. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It was torture in the Spanish Inquisition, it was torture during WWII and it is torture now. Period.

guerilla, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  10. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But we still have 2 PC RAMBOS who's brains have been mucking fuddled by the utter MSM BS from FOCKS News that think it is not. :confused:

AGS, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  11. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Waterboarding is torture.

Those who think otherwise should be given some "Waterboarding treatment" :)

gauharjk, Nov 9, 2007 IP
    Briant likes this.
  12. Truth777

Truth777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree.

The war crime supporters may not agree, but as they say "the full stomach does not believe the empty one".

They together with the Commander in Chief definitely need "Water boarding treatment" with hands tied up behind their backs. After the first sessions the commander in chief will need new underwear. The others may last a little bit longer, but after about 5 sessions all of them will agree it is torture.

God Bless America.

Truth777, Nov 10, 2007 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  13. GTech

Best Answers:
    You are correct, you did not read what I posted. As a result, we're at the same juncture as before...your own self-centered beliefs and attacking others for not agreeing with you. Whether you are defending islamists in one thread, or another, it's always the same.

And that's why you are wrong...because YOU posted YOUR opinion and the OPINION of a few others to support it. You are correct, facts do overrule opinions. And YOURs are no exception.

I don't eat brussel sprouts.

No he didn't. You linked to opinions. Your ego is not fact.

That's YOUR opinion. And your quote then perfectly applies here and just about any thread you decide to get involved in. Why generally happens to be protecting/defending terrorists, defending those who tear down America and those that support a kook for President. All noble causes :rolleyes:

You are correct here. You can and you will go on, because you cannot accept any position from anyone that differs from yours. You will go on, until once again, you have the last word, because narcissists do not shut up until they have it. Time and again, you've proven this inconvenient truth. Prove me right again, please?

Are these your favorite causes? Can't even Capitalize your own Country?

Only in your delusional mind. Savor another popularity contest!

You've been owned more times than a cheap hooker in a third world country.

Your turn, big boy ;)

GTech, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  14. GTech

Best Answers:
    A few more facts for those who are sthensthitive about the people they support who saw off the heads of others:

It's so "touching" of all the outpouring sympathy for head choppers over something that isn't really an issue in the first place.

Tissue, anyone? Group hug?

GTech, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  15. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nope Gtech I was not attacking anyone who did not believe as me, I attacked the fact that 'quotes' of 'facts' were posted, facts the user decided to ignore.

I do not argue to support islamists Gtech, I argue against lies and crap, you know like you love to post.

Actually you are wrong yet again, I posted links to those pesky things called 'facts', you trully do need the definition of fact and opinion don't you?

Something that can cause death, it is fact to state it can cause death, it is a LIE to state it can not. It is not opinion Gtech, it is a 'fact'

The definition for you.

You obviously don't think as well as the quote you took is from a post to a guy who does start threads to attack, the point of that quote is to that point, him starting threads to attack.
    No Gtech yet again I linked to facts, not opinions.

What McCain said is a 'fact' of what he thinks, of what he said. That is not an 'opinion'
    The definition of torture is not an 'opinion' it is fact.
    The fact that waterboarding can cause death and injury is not 'opinion' it is 'fact'

Did you have your coffee yet, I mean seriously I would expect anyone, even you to have more logic than what you are posting.

Nope Gtech, I unlike you use facts. You know that pesky thing about being correct on the prewar build up, unlike you ;)

It is not opinion that the quote came from proteindude, it also is not opinion that he thinks he's a better christian than me. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Ahh Gtech, talking about someone who can not accept anyone with a differing opinion. Even when proven wrong you can not accept it, then you use fancy 1/2 truths, stuff like 'terrorist supporter' 'tearing down America' are your next steps, then the ever crazy 'narcissist'.

Yet again on your 'cough,logic' of narcissist shutting up when they have the last word. Even if you were correct and I was one, which I am most certainly not. By any logic when someone has nothing to respond to they are going to 'shut up', wow some logic you have there Gtech.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, I actually find it to be helpful much of the time. That is when they do not use lies and deceit, you know the exact oppossite of yourself.

Nope, not any cause I have ever been apart of. You sure appear to love to tear down what the United States of America was founded on ;) As far as capitalizing, yeah typos don't happen, btw America is not a country, I live in the United States of America.

America can be used if you want to in order to refer to the US as many do, it however is not the proper name of the country, you do know this do you not?

--the above was slightly reworded--

Ahh Gtech I didn't use any 'facts' that's right the 'opinion' you claimed in the last thread that I proved to you was 'facts' still in Gtech land isn't a 'fact' The facts posted in here are not 'facts' because they don't fit Gtechs little agenda. Give me a break, and you expect people to take you seriously?
    Popularity contest, oh my god back to this stupid little attack by you again. The last thread we debated it surely was not 'popular' on my side, in fact if any thread was 'popularity contest' it would be you in that thread.

I could care less how many people are on my side. You have been proven wrong over and over on your 'popularity' contest crap, yet you still spew it. Just like everything else you've been proven wrong on.
    Gtech while I have owned you over and over again as you make it way to easy, you have never owned me.. keep trying, maybe one day you'll get there.

Can you do me a favor though? Make it a little more challenging to own you? I mean it's not even fun, it's simply childish on how easy you make it.

GRIM, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  16. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have pwned him so many times GRIM yet he still comes back for more. :confused:

AGS, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  17. GTech

Best Answers:
    Actually, yes, you were. But then you always do. If someone doesn't think the way you do, it's open season. You could prove me wrong though. Would you...please? Pretty please?

No one has posted any lies. You argue against anyone (except ron paul supporters, terrorists, and those tear America down...of course) that doesn't believe in your own delusional world. In fact, you are doing it yet again.

Really? I'm wrong again? OMG! Well, if grim says it, it MUST be true! I wonder what the thread title is?

Here, let me help you: Is Waterboarding Torture?

The answer to that, is going to vary (as the poll indicates also) on who you ask. In other words, it's an opinion. But, as we see once again, if someone disagrees with YOUR opinion, they are wrong. How shallow can you be?

Did one of your buds die?

It's really a shame you can see so much in other people, but can't see in yourself. Ego? Narcissism?

It's an opinionated question! You can't be factually correct on other people's opinions. Did you graduate from high school?

It's the very definition of an opinion. In his "opinion" that he believes it's torture. I can't be held responsible for your lack of intelligence in knowing that. I'm sure there's probably some excuse, though.

Who died? Did one of your buds die?

Coffee is not an indicator of one's intelligence. Nor is the size of someone's head, apparently ;)

Yes, only grim uses "facts!" Only grim can be correct. Only head choppers deserve his furor! Woo hoo for grim!

I was quoting your words, not his. Once again, you see something in others that you are incapable of seeing in yourself. I find it absolutely hilarious! It's a great quote that could not describe you any better and the irony is, it came directly from YOU!

See, here we are again. For someone with a big head, it's all about proving someone wrong. Classic narcissism! Yell and scream "half truths," protect your own undesirable qualities onto others.

My guess is, you'd be more than happy to see a hundred thousand Americans die, vs a two minute interrogation technique that CAN and HAS saved lives. Isn't that sweet? You care more about people that saw off heads, then your own fellow Americans? Good for you, grim! Way to take a stand with YOUR OPINION on whether it's legal or illegal. Way to take a stand over something that is NOT used any longer, nor has been used in four years, that was only used three times, which saved American lives, which Bush declared "off limits" and which the CIA specifically sought to not use any more!

What a big man you are, for taking a stand!

You've proven time and again, if you are given the last word, you will shut up. That's a decision YOU have to make. Whether it's worth it to you, or not. Even when I point it out, you simply cannot resist. Another classic sign.

You have every problem, as demonstrated throughout this section of the forum. The only people you DO NOT take issue with, are those that support terrorists, bash America and are disappointed that the surge in Iraq has worked....which of course your were proven wrong on as well.

America was not founded on defending terrorists. Some day you'll realize that. America was not a typo. Just like I corrected you on the Constitution. But not grim, no, he could never be wrong :D

I don't care who takes me seriously or not. That's the difference between you and I. You stick your finger in the wind, like john kerry, to see what the popular stance is that others won't take issue with you over, then set sail. It's all about popularity for you.

Defending terrorists is popular here.

How? Because "you" said so? Hehehehe! That's all it's about for a narcissist...that he "believes" he has proven someone wrong! It's a game. Have you considered not proving me right, for a change?

Classic narcissism. It's a game, "owning" because you claim you have. Please...for the love of God, stop proving me right!

I'd love to! I'm always here to help, grim! Let me know how I can best help you! Yet again, classic narcissism. I'm not even trying...you're doing all the work for me! No wonder you need me to make it more challenging!

Your turn, big boy :D

GTech, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  18. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Give me a break Gtech, you are trully so pathetic I may not even respond to your post.

I will respond to one point however, as far as the thread being an 'opinion based' that is fine, when someone however claims a fact as to why they hold their opinion those facts can be proven wrong. That is what I attacked Gtech, only a moron would not see that. Are you calling yourself a moron?

Seriously Gtech you are not even worth my time or energy, although I could still beat you in any debate while playing a video game. I don't need much of my thought process left available.

Reread the facts that were posted, 'what McCain thinks, definition of torture, if waterboarding can kill' these are not 'opinions' these are 'facts and or lies'

Seriously pathetic Gtech, absolutely pathetic.

GRIM, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  19. GTech

Best Answers:
    LMAO!

Fuzzy pickle :D

GTech, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  20. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So you're still so stupid you can not see the difference from someone quoting a 'fact' or 'lie' in their opinion?

By your logic then there is not a single fact in this thread, only opinion..

Until you can see this simple 'fact' there is no point in responding to a troll like you.

GRIM, Nov 10, 2007 IP