1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

10000+ visitors to this clickbank mall and only 3 sales? WTF?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by husla3x, Nov 8, 2007.

I have been using this mall for about a month and a half? i have had 10K visitors with only 3 sales. I actually am only sure of 2 the other might be from other places. All of the traffic is targeted and none of it was bought. I can't understand it. I wrote about I have never had anything that squandered 10K visits of targeted traffic and net 3 sales. I quit. I love the downloadsonline.org design but i cant afford to lose that kind of money. What percentage is that? .0008 or something. I also have 31 affiliates who apparently have no sales too. I was going pro but that just seems to be....anyway heres the stats 1 more final time. Here is the original post

The number of unique visitors to the main page of your mall is: 5243
    The number of unique visitors to the Referral page of your mall is: 2657
    The number of unique visitors to the other pages of your mall is: 2402

Someone give me another clickbank mall i can try. I just cant give that many vissitors away. I am sick from this experience. After intense article marketing and blogging and just about every kind of tactic, 3 sales (maybe 2 not sure where one came from) from 10k visits is awful. I need a new mall i think. This is a great looking mall but it is jinxed for me.:(

husla3x, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  2. oceanline

oceanline Active Member

Best Answers:
    promoting a mall is a bit trickery then promoting one thing. How do you define "targeted" since its a "mall"
    people who buy ebooks?

I would rather go niche pick one subject and make your own mall. Start off with maybe top 10 products in your niche and go from there. Thats alot better IMO

oceanline, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  3. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You gotta think about this....

Would you buy a book from a library?
    no...you rent it.

Would you buy a book from a barnes & nobles?
    yes. because they sell books.

How does this help you?
    Well your mall looks more like a "library" of e-books.

If you organized it and made it look like a store - then maybe you'd get more sales.
    and you might want to direct targeted traffic to different parts of pages in your mall's website.

For example, you want people lookin for money in the "business to business" niche.

plus it's kinda hard
    because every product has a huge ass sales page.

If you want to sell e-books and software, you should just find re-sell rights products and do it yourself. - Ebay, website.

ExpertForumGuy, Nov 9, 2007 IP
    husla3x likes this.
  4. downloadsonline.org

downloadsonline.org Active Member

Best Answers:
    hello Husla3x
    With the information you gave regarding your traffic methods and sources, I don't understand why you are not making sales.
    I think you should upgrade to PRO and check the results.
    Thank you
    All the Best

downloadsonline.org, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  5. husla3x

husla3x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OMG expert forum guy, thats the human nature link i needed to open my eyes. I am giving you points for that. Thats a great angle that i completely missed. nice call.

husla3x, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  6. alexanderallard

alexanderallard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you need something like my mall http://www.theinternetshoppingmalls.com that I have. It was stored in my server and I can put all best sellers in front and gave good descriptions and pics :)

Regards,

Alexander

alexanderallard, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  7. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a lot of traffic, in my opinion I also think you're going about this wrong with the mall vs ebook collection... Feel free to hit me up or check siggs, 10K targeted to any of my products would make you a killing (sorry for the shameless plug). Competing with mall type sites is a sharkpool, how and what do you promote? Even if you just choose one product there are too many exit possibilities and those looooong nasty scrolls are actually effective-however only with one or two products.... essentially you are correct-you have a mall/collection of 10min reads/sales pitches which surfers don't have time for these days... It's hard enough just getting through one of the clickbank pages sometimes.

None the less there ARE people making money from these malls, as is the owner(s) so the model does work, just at a different level.

Stay the course, let this be a learning curve for customer behavior and treat it as defeat analysis-learn from it and utilize the info/data you've gathered.

NCMedia, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  8. constructicle Boy

constructicle Boy Active Member

Best Answers:
    10k and only 3 sales?possibly u got the wrong audience.thats what i can think of

constructicle Boy, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  9. xmcp123

xmcp123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had ratios like that before.
    Promote for specific products, then try and link them over to that specific product. That increased my conversion ratios by 15x.

xmcp123, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  10. Reviewz

Reviewz Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thinking of buying a Clickbank mall, but after reading your posts, looks like it is not so workable after all...

You're right, that without a specific target group, just aimlessly promoting a large mall with all kinds of books leads to very poor conversions.

BTW, does anyone sell specific malls targeted at different niches?

Reviewz, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  11. downloadsonline.org

downloadsonline.org Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can promote specific niches like this:

http://cbtopsites.com/search/YourCBnickname/keywords
    Place any keyword or key phrase in the place of 'keywords' in the above link.

you can also promote specific niches in a particular category:
    http://cbtopsites.com/sc/YourCBnickname/keywords/categoryNumber
    Replace any category number from 0 to 8 in the above.

Like this there are very useful link formats in CbTopSites Clickbank Mall.
    visit http://cbtopsites.com/affiliates/yourlinks.php for more information and other link formats.

We have changed our Domain name from DownloadsOnline.org to CbTopSites.com in order to make the Mall more visitor and affiliate friendly.

If you understand how to promote niche products, you can earn well through your CbTopSites Clickbank Mall.

Thank you
    Kareti

downloadsonline.org, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  12. frederik

frederik Peon

Best Answers:
    In fact it doesn't surprise me at all that you have only three sales.
    Promoting clickbank products is an art on its own, it is not difficult but it takes some time to learn it.
    Almost all of them are written for people who wants something to improve their life.
    1) Want to lose fat.
    2) Want to get more women
    3) Want to get more money
    4) Want to train your dog.

As an affiliate marketer it is your task to convience the customer to buy a product.
    - Few people will buy if they visit the site for the first time so therefore you must build a list and/or giveaway a free report.
    - What i also don't understand is that people can promote other products as an affiliate marketer without reading it.
    I read all the products, if they are good then be happy because likly others will like it too.
    If the products is crap then ask a refund.
    - Read as much as you can about your niche and become an expert in it.
    I hope you have learned now that traffic means nothing, target traffic is what counts.
    What do you prefer?
    100$ from 10k visitors or 500$ from 1000 visitors.
    - Don't look for more traffic instead try to increase your converstation ratio.

I'm far from a clickbank or internet expert at all and i still have to work between 2-3 days in a week at a normal job
    but it is better then wasting my time watching television.

frederik, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  13. alligrand

alligrand Peon

Best Answers:
    It is harder to promote a mall than a single product. However, if you know how to get 10k visitors to your site, you must be very good at promoting the site. I believe you will get much better conversion rate once you target a specific product.

alligrand, Nov 19, 2007 IP