1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Could you please review my blogging site?

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by dadougalee, Nov 5, 2007.

Hi Everyone. I am working on a redesign of the site that is in my signature.

The redesigned site is at http://www.mycollegememories.com.

I am looking for a little advice about the design. I am a programmer and far from a creative designer, so I was hoping a few creative people could give me some advice on this. Thanks.

dadougalee, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  2. crazycatsville

crazycatsville Peon

Best Answers:
    Good start. You need more good and non-generic contents.

crazycatsville, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  3. ThreeGuineaWatch

ThreeGuineaWatch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Getting a "Page not found" at the moment

ThreeGuineaWatch, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  4. Rimvis

Rimvis Peon

Best Answers:
    Not too bad. Although I don't like the colors in your website but it's only my opinion :)

Rimvis, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  5. Joe 2.0

Joe 2.0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Looking good so far.

Perhaps add a description besides the title of your blog in the header to let visitors know what your blog is about.

Besides that, keep the content coming. Good work.

Cheers,

Joe

Joe 2.0, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  6. dadougalee

dadougalee Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you guys think about the advertisements? When you looks at an article, I run ads on the left and right of the article. Does that look too cluttered with ads? I don't want to turn people away because of that.

I think you were getting a page not found because you were using IE6 right? For some reason the .htaccess screws IE6 up, but on firefox it works. Haven't figured it out yet.

Rimvis, you don't like the colors? What colors your think would work better? My wife liked the colors, and for my wife to actually comment, let alone give positive criticism BLEW my mind, lol. Thats why I ran with that color scheme.

I do need to add more content. Thats what I have been working on in the past month. I have been writing about 2 articles a week, I think it is going to take forever! I only display the first ten articles on the homepage, so I need to implement something to show all articles yet. I'll be working on that too.

Does anyone else have any input?

dadougalee, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  7. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    The colors are fine, don't worry about that. If anything using the green sets your site apart from the thousands of generic blue/white blogs out there.

Overall the site is pretty good. I'd really like to see a proper header designed though. At the moment the plain text logo/header is bringing the site down and making it look a little boring. If you don't have the arty skills to design an attractive header, there are plenty of people offering such services for ridiculously cheap prices in the Design category.

All the best,
    Liam

Ponynugget, Nov 8, 2007 IP
    dadougalee likes this.
  8. dadougalee

dadougalee Peon

Best Answers:
    That sounds like a great idea Ponynugget, I upped your rep for that input, thanks! I'll check on that. I was also curious about how, and where I should tell visitors about the site. All the site is, is basically a blog that I plan to give current events, reviews, and other articles. Currently where I explain the site, I think that it doesn't really get the point across. When I look at my site, I don't feel that a visitors first time there would tell them about the site. Do any of you have any ideas how I could improve this?

dadougalee, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  9. dadougalee

dadougalee Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I launched the site with a nice looking header. If you all could take the time and review the site and let me know what you think I would appreciate it. Thanks!

The Site URL: http://www.informativepost.com

dadougalee, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  10. Sam Bowen

Sam Bowen Guest

Best Answers:
    I like the site the way it is. Nothing wrong with it.

Sam Bowen, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  11. dadougalee

dadougalee Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for everyones comments, and for everyone to take the time to look at the site.

dadougalee, Nov 19, 2007 IP