1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Permote Yahoo Group

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Fadi4u, Nov 1, 2007.

Hi There
    I m Group moderator my question is how to promote yahoo group effective and efficient manner during short period of time.

Any suitable answer will be highly encourage able .

Fadi4u, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  2. Adulu

Adulu Peon

Best Answers:
    Your signature
    you location spot of DP forum.
    your money

Adulu, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  3. my_misyel

my_misyel Banned

Best Answers:
    Put your "group URL" in your signature (with your relevant keyword) ...

my_misyel, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  4. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But make sure you do not spam other yahoo group asking people to join your group, your group could be deleted.

it career, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  5. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whats your group all about??

Minterest, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  6. kodut

kodut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well place as many keywords as you can , and participate in other groups of your niche

and i am warning you dont place your group url over here , they will think it as spam and delete your group and your email

i have bitten not once but twice by them for this

kodut, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  7. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am starting a new forum for Yahoo! groups. That will help you promote your Yahoo! group. Still you can join in and we'll help you out. ;)

Yfcadmin, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  8. adone

adone Peon

Best Answers:
    Post to regularly in the Yahoo gruops significantily

But i think yahoo answer is better than yahoo groups
    thanks

adone, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  9. izeaus

izeaus Banned

Best Answers:
    Promote as much as you can . Get some members who post some useful stuff daily and your group will be promoted itself .
    Mean to say Mouth to Mouth Advertising

izeaus, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  10. Gloria

Gloria Active Member

Best Answers:
    I join thousands of Yahoo groups in the niche im promoting like right now I own a real estate website so I joined over 500 yahoo groups and steer them in conversation to my BANS website which is all about Real Estate. I use My Software YMass to do all the hard work of joining, posting, and sending the messages for me since it works automatcially it helps me keep up with that many groups easily. Takes me about and hr to join that many groups and then since i know about the topic of the groups that im in I fit right in and then the next thing is people are coming to my site and or buying products from me.

I love having hundreds of new uniques and thosands of page views per month for free.

Gloria, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  11. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    would you mind posting a little bit more info about ymass here? it seems like it will save a lot of time.

indyguidedotinfo, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  12. Gloria

Gloria Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure basically what it does is lets say you have a proxies website and you want to bring alot of traffic , real live people traffic to the website. Well you load up YMass and sign into your yahoo account.

You then do a search by keyword which in this case i guess would be proxies and YMass brings up all the results based on the keyword. Then a list of the groups is placed in one location of YMass and you click on the groups you want to join or post a message to.

Then what happens is you click on get captcha and it brings up all the groups you want to join in one box with only the captchas in them and you type the words and or letter, numbers what ever it is into the box and hit submit. Ymass then subscribes you to the groups.

You can send messages by email or post to the groups once your a member, another feature YMass has is the ability to only post messages to the groups you click on as well and you also input the message into a box and Ymass sends it to all your groups that you are a member of or just the ones you choose. Hope that is what your looking for.

Gloria, Nov 7, 2007 IP
    indyguidedotinfo likes this.
  13. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thanks. green given

indyguidedotinfo, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  14. abhishekdaaga

abhishekdaaga Guest

Best Answers:
    As far as i see many yahoo groups advertise on other yahoo groups to get more members and also in orkut and other social networking... in relevant groups to get targeted audience :)

abhishekdaaga, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  15. t2000q

t2000q Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    treat it like you would any other website or forrum and dont ask people to join,instead sell the idea of why it is such a great group and why they should join, as soon as you tell or ask people to join, they will ignore it

t2000q, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  16. prince4life

prince4life Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can hardly get anyone to join my group below :(. It's pretty hard

prince4life, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  17. adfunk

adfunk Peon

Best Answers:
    adfunk, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  18. jimmyque

jimmyque Peon

Best Answers:
    I have several yahoo groups as well.

One thing that also works well is to tie a regular website (cms) to the yahoo groups site write articles on the regular site that are referenced in the yahoo group and vice versa. Get your members to regularly comment on the site content and to post content from the site in their discussions. Get people on this forum to write some unique content and post it both places and also to post content in other forums that reference both the website and the email group

JMb

jimmyque, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  19. hcoleman

hcoleman Peon

Best Answers:
    write an article or articles about your niche website and at the end said something like "to learn more about..... join my ....... at www.------.yahoogroup.com or give them something for free people love to get something for free. Once you write your article turn it in to ezinearticles.com,goarticles.com,articledashboard.com and searchwarp.com or offer a free article someone that has a newsletter about your niche yahoo group with your yahoo groups website address. Finally, join different forums that's about your yahoo group and add your yahoo groups website address to your signature

hcoleman, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  20. mit

mit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Invite your friends by emails and also request them to invite their friends also...

mit, Dec 11, 2007 IP