1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need a search engine script !

Discussion in 'General Business' started by nicerolex, Nov 6, 2007.

Can anyone suggest a good free search engine script? Any suggestions are appreciated. I would like to start my own small search engine like "ask.com" as an example.

nicerolex, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  2. john_80

john_80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there is a lot of searche enegine scripts in the internet I recommend you use 'G' :) (G - in this case isn't G-unit :p )

john_80, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  3. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    bobchrist, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  4. SirSEO

SirSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Uff...
    At least your not aiming to low in this industry and that's a good thing.

My advice is leave the search engine market... Your NEVER going to make it there if you don't have some unique twist to it or you have many thousands to promote it with...

and another known fact is that Yahoo, Google and MSN just OWN this market, there's nothing you can do about it.

If you still want to get your hands on a free script just go to sourchforge.net and search for the keyword 'search engine script' don't use the word free because all the scripts on this site are open source and you don't have to pay for them ;)

Best regards,

SirSEO, Nov 7, 2007 IP
    Untitled likes this.
  5. nicerolex

nicerolex Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using the google search that BobChrist provided a link for, its very easy to use and customize and I already have a page in development for it. I am not trying to really start my own major search engine, it is a niche based search engine, and I do have a few thousand people to advertise it to so it should atleast get a reasonable amount of traffic if promoted enough.

nicerolex, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  6. nick-a

nick-a Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's still a lot of room for improvement in relevancy from all 3 of the big players. If by some miracle you could do that then fair do's.

nick-a, Nov 7, 2007 IP