How to get site indexed in GOOGLE

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sarwesatish, Dec 19, 2005.

Hi Friends,

I have a new site, and I want it to get indexed in GOOGLE
    so what r the procedure to be performed
    what is the first thing that i must do to get my site indexed in Google
    plz reply

Regards,
    Satish Sarwe
    Online Derivatives
    http://www.derivatives-rt.com

sarwesatish, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  2. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have just helped yourself by adding a link to your site from here. This forum is higly visited by G,Y and many other bots.

In otherwords, get links pointing to your site to get indexed in any major search engine.

Tuning, Dec 19, 2005 IP
    joeychgo likes this.
  3. psyberweb

psyberweb Peon

Best Answers:
    My best advice is get a backlinks even from a PR0 site or PR1 , then submit your webby urls to Google Sitemap , i advice that you save those url in UTF-8 format , (TEXT) and submit it to Google. Hopefully your site will get index in 24 hours =)

psyberweb, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  4. ashiezai

ashiezai Peon

Best Answers:
    in order to get indexed by google, you will need to let googlebot find your site. You must let google know the existence of your website and the only way to do this is by link.

You will need at least a link from other website to let google find you. Ofcouse the website that link to you must be recognized (indexed) by google.
    The link that you post below your title is an example. Google will find you page through the link on this page if this page is crawled by googlebot.

ashiezai, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  5. token20

token20 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well first thing would be to make sure it has some decent content on it. Preferrably original content that you have written. Check your code, make sure its clean, chekc all mispellings, etc.. Make sure you have proper META tags, title, and search engine friendly urls. Setup a robots.txt file to make sure Google doesn't go to the wrong places. Now your ready.

After all that head over to here (http://www.seocompany.ca/directory/web-directories.html) and start browsing directories to submit your site to. Many of them require recip links back to their site. So you should get yourself a good SEO friendly link exchange script to handle all of that for you and make sure your link partners are still linking to you. (and not cheating you). Here is the best SEO friendly FREE link exchange script on the market:

http://www.phplinkdirectory.com/

Then you should submit your site to some good link exchange directories to let other webmasters know you want to trade links. Possibly buy some text links as well from the many textlink brokers out there.

You should create a Google sitemap of your site and throw it in your root directory. https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/login

That will just about take care of everything. Should get indexed pretty fast.

token20, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  6. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    The digital coop is pretty good at getting sites indexed.

a389951l, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  7. TheStig

TheStig Peon

Best Answers:
    Do be a bit weary of google sitemap i have been told by a good seo guy that they have a bug in the script but not sure if it has been fixed

TheStig, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  8. sufyaaan

sufyaaan Banned

Best Answers:
    That's simple. Get a backlink to your site from a high PR site that is being crawled more frequently. Thus, when GoogleBot will look at the link, it will follow it due to its placement on a high PR site. So, your site will be indexed in less amount of time.

There are other methods that you can try. For example; you can create a Google Site Map file and submit it from your Google a/c and so on. But I think getting a backlink from a high PR site that is being crawled every now and then will be the best option.

sufyaaan, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  9. sarwesatish

sarwesatish Peon

Best Answers:
    u r saying that by adding link to this topic, my page will get indexed
    but this page has PR=0, then how this page will be visited by Google Robot

sarwesatish, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  10. sarwesatish

sarwesatish Peon

Best Answers:
    how to get backlink from PR0 or PR1
    and how to submit website url to google sitemap

11. markhutch

markhutch Peon

Best Answers:
    Googlebot will find your site by having a link here. Please don't start worrying about PR of any given page. PR is a delayed process. Even if this page shows a PR of 0, it doesn't mean it will stay that way forever. This page has only been around less than a day.

markhutch, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  12. sarwesatish

sarwesatish Peon

Best Answers:
    whatever i have learnt over this period, is that the best way to get site indexed is to get a back link from a site which is already indexed by Google,
    So i put my site link in this forum, hoping that Google will come on this page and my site will get indexed.

By accessing this topic daily and clicking on my site link daily
    will my site will get indexed

13. Basoone

Basoone Peon

Best Answers:
    Get backlinks from high pr website. Submit your site to directories like dmoz, yahoo. After that get more backlinks from good websites;)

Basoone, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  14. kiddoz

kiddoz Peon

Best Answers:
    i definitely agree with basoone!
    dont submit your site to "link farms"
    optimize your site to get backlinks. webmasters are some kinda picky when it comes to link exchange.

kiddoz, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  15. Dominicc2003

Dominicc2003 Peon

Best Answers:
    " chekc all mispellings " - did you do that on purpose?

Dominicc2003, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  16. rrajan

rrajan Peon

Best Answers:
    This is how i got my site indexed in Google.

I have the habit of helping DP forum members and i added one of the sites i was building to my signature and the site was not even finished and no linking done but it still popped up in Google Index in a week.

Thats what i think is the easiest fastest and zero cost way to get indexed in google.

Also dont forget the Google sitemaps. they also gelp you get index quickly.

rrajan, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  17. token20

token20 Peon

Best Answers:
    No actually... Well I guess that proves my point ;)

token20, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  18. psyberweb

psyberweb Peon

Best Answers:

Get a website that is already indexed in Google to have a link in their main page pointing to urs. You can get a link exchange that is theme or relevant to your website , if your having a site about hosting then get a link from a hosting website too. To better index your site, go to Google Sitemap ( loo for it in google, this forum dont want me to post link, i think i need to get loyal first :p ), then submit a UTF-8 text format of your urls:

An example would be like this.

http://www.mysite.com/aboutus.html
    http://www.mysite.com/services.html
    http://www.mysite.com/forum.html

Do it in Notepad and save the filename as url.txt and it must be in UTF-8 format or if you can do XML and submit it to Google Sitemap, Sitemap will then ask you to upload a file in your server to verify you site.

My suggestions in indexing websites.

1. Though its just based from my experience, adding an adsense in your site help your website crawled.

2. Getting an old page rank domain and by putting your website in the subdomain could help you get indexed and avoid sandbox. Example upload your website to mywebsite.olddomain.com and also put a link on the homepage of the olddomain.com to your website address which is http://www.mysite.com and mywebsite.olddomain.com

3. Getting backlinks from different websites related to your site help you get indexed.

And also when you purchase a domain dont leave it hanging without content for more than a month, my experience is domains that i registered without having a content and not link are usually having a hard time getting index though Yahoo is good to me. Well this is all my opinions and suggestions, proven from my experience. Good Luck to you.:)

psyberweb, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  19. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Short answer - is get links to your site. List in your signature in forums, submit your site to directories, things like that. Dont buy links - there are too many free ones available. Higher PR links wont do alot for you at first.

joeychgo, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  20. Dominicc2003

Dominicc2003 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't remember where on google, but there's an option to submit your site to google for free, around a month later they approve or disapprove your site, i'm glad to say they approved mine but they don't approve very many, so they say....

Anyway, yesterday I found my site indexed in google for free, but it only comes up for very specific keywords eg my name inside ""s...
    And it does come up for less specific ones like "price comparison" but it isn't on page one...
    I need to move it up somehow...

Dominicc2003, Dec 21, 2005 IP