1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Posting Every Day Doesn't Matter

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by airraid81, Nov 6, 2007.

In my never ending quest to find out how often to post, I found this article: http://www.mpdailyfix.com/2006/06/w_why_blog_post_frequency_does.html
    saying that you shouldn't post every day. I also know of a few sites like dailydosh.com and menarebetterthanwomen.com that are very successful without posting every day. Anyway, here's the article. Read and discuss.

airraid81, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  2. RockDiesel

RockDiesel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would rather consistently post quality content every few days.

Many bloggers who try to post everyday severely dilute the quality of their content.

However, there are definitely gifted bloggers who can post quality EVERY time.

RockDiesel, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  3. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is a very interesting article and thank you for sharing. The key point though to remember is the article is an opinion and it can be agreed upon or disputed depending on who you speak to.

There are many advantages of posting daily. They do attract people to your site if you write quality post. It also encourages readers to return daily to see what else you have to say. It also helps in the SERP because the search engines love fresh updated quality content.

The disadvantage comes when you are just posting to post. If you are rewriting others posts or writing junk just to post, it is better to just post when you have something good to write about.

allout, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  4. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    If your posting everyday for better SEO i do not think it works unless each post is good quality. If you post daily to get traffic from rss feeds yes that works but it does not help site other than the daily traffic for each new post.

A few good post each month is all you need if site has good content.

rcj662, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  5. airraid81

airraid81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure that works fine for a site that has content besides a blog, but I think that article was about pure blogs.

6. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good content is good whether it's published once per day, 10 times per day, or once per month :)

Of course a 'breaking news' blog should be posting multiple times per day, so it does depend on the blog in question.

MTbiker, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  7. airraid81

airraid81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My blog is on sports news and commentary, so I think that it would be best to post every day.

8. ECS Dave

ECS Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    "What will matter more and more is what you write and how you engage, not how often you write."

Hear, hear...

ECS Dave

ECS Dave, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  9. JagoHarry

JagoHarry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I get the impression that you were looking for advice on blogging frequency that reflects that you didn't want to post every day! :)

Dan

JagoHarry, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  10. davedx

davedx Peon

Best Answers:
    When has it ever been the case that posting spammy crap will get you more loyal readers, anyway? It's common sense really. Good article though, particularly the notes on RSS push.

davedx, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  11. airraid81

airraid81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am always looking for reasons not to post daily. It would free up some time. But I'm too concerned about getting my popularity up to stop posting daily.

airraid81, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  12. JagoHarry

JagoHarry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I post 3 days a week on my spy blog, and that works well for me. I've not noticed any significant difference between posting 3 and 5 times a week when it comes to traffic.

JagoHarry, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  13. dbinto

dbinto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also you can post every few days and spend the other days working on off site things that help your blog (backlinks, publicity, guest blogging, reading other good blogs etc.).

dbinto, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  14. temujin

temujin Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality over quantity has been my way of thinking. Posting everyday can become dull , i'd rather post a few times a week.

temujin, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  15. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    DoshDosh doesn't post everyday because he writes tutorials / how to's / exhaustive analysis of the topic. That's why the blog is so uber popular as well. Depends on the blog, the audience and obviously the blogger. Write your blog the way you like it, people who like it will subscribe. If you do things that aren't your way but others "style" you won't enjoy it as much and no one visits a dead blog :D

Dubz, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  16. jolly1eyed

jolly1eyed Peon

Best Answers:
    All depends on how its marketed really...I can see where the blogosphere echo chamber would make daily blogging a negative, but if your blog has a readership based on other factors, or an audience that doesn't view your content as "just another blog" then you may find regular, consistent content is key.

jolly1eyed, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  17. maverick123

maverick123 Peon

Best Answers:
    consistency in maintaining high quality fresh content is key to success :)

maverick123, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  18. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    I would opt writing quality content daily. Regularity is also to be considered apart from quality. If you write one quality post and keep the blog idle for month, will it be any GOOD?

markov, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  19. smartquant

smartquant Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing that. It's definitely an interesting read with some good points.

It makes sense that quality should never be compromised for frequency of posting.

It also makes sense that there must be a certain level of frequency so that your blog doesn't appear stale.

smartquant, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  20. nocturnal_1

nocturnal_1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to post 2 to 3 times a day if you want more yahoo traffic. Doing what this article says to do is fine with google. But not yahoo.

nocturnal_1, Nov 9, 2007 IP