1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS or blog that can be embedded in existing site?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by adamiant, Nov 5, 2007.

I want to be able to publish articles on the front page of my site, but I don't want to switch the entire site over to some all-encompassing CMS -- I want to embed managed content in the main body of the existing page, with the traditional links to read the rest of the story on another screen (still embedded in the site), plus the ability to search for content that is no longer displayed on the front page.

So far, my review of CMS and blogging options has turned up things that work as entire site replacements, not embeddable components, BUT I may be misunderstanding. Clues welcome!!

Thanks,
    Adam

adamiant, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  2. Jade456

Jade456 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just add wordpress into your site? You can install it to a specific folder, then just add php snippets to your front page to pull the data you want. I'm sure you could set it up that way.....any experts here care to chime in?

Jade456, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  3. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Your current site having any login component ? If not, I think you can use WordPress as blogging component as suggested by Jade456 above.

If you already have a 'login' component, it 'may' be difficult to integrate, as you don't want your users to login twice (or use two different logins to your site)

Suri.CMS, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  4. adamiant

adamiant Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I don't want users to be able to blog -- I want to be able to present articles TO my users. The main purpose is that they be able to read current content and search old content. Will WordPress allow me to present articles that they can read and search without the users/readers having to log in?

Also, is this a relatively common use of WordPress, or an unusual approach that isn't as easy to develop? (I'll need help to do it either way; just wondering if it's part of a standard WordPress skillset or something less familiar to people who set up WordPress sites in general.)

Thanks,
    Adam

adamiant, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  5. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    abdussamad, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  6. engadven

engadven Peon

Best Answers:
    You could try www.searchengineoptimizedcms.com.
    It's a client side db to html engine with an automatic ftp so its very fast to set up new sites and enter content. It creates static pages against any template so you can create pure content pages and embed them in your existing site with a simple server side include command.
    Sweet and simple.

engadven, Nov 8, 2007 IP