1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rep for Itrader? What would it hurt?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by GreenGambler, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if DigitalPoint Forums could possibly start giving up a little reputation for the sellers on the Forum?

Sorry to compare but I've noticed that some other forums do this and they usually give the seller in a transaction either a set number of rep points or the equivilant of a rep. from the person with whom they are trading feedback.

I do have GREAT seller feedback IMO, 21 transactions, mostly from buyers and all very wonderful comments:) I plan to add to that number more steadily this year and would really appreciate a little reputation for the polite, structured, sales threads that I present.

I post outside of the sales areas sometimes but am less interested in alot of the other topics and rarely have much time to spend, chatting.. LOL And usualy, in other topics than domaining, others have already offerd more advice than I ever could.. But I do try sometimes.. hah

Anyway I'm not complaining just trying to present a sellers point of view and I'm offering a suggestion for a new feature.

I wonder what, if anything, would be the downside of such a feature, or does it already exist and my post is sadly, pointless.. (I hope not I read both 101 threads... LOL)

I would be able to have 2, maybe 3 green blobs for all my nice feedback, instead of only one.

What do you think?

Thanks,
    GG

GreenGambler, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  2. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    1. Asking for rep is not permitted!
    2. We already have a feedback option - iTrader.
    3. If people find your posts useful, they add to your rep. That's how everyone here gains his/her rep blobs. There's no need to make it a RULE.

Anymore questions?

Katy, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  3. GreenGambler

GreenGambler Notable Member

Best Answers:

Thanks Katy,

1. I'm definetly not asking for rep for this post! I'm asking for consideration of the owners and mods of DP to add a feature that would allow rep to automatically be given to all sellers for future Itrader transactions. I think its a very reputable and honorabl quality for a member to be able to run honest, scams-free sales threads and be able to sell something for $100+ and have everything go through smooth w/o any bumps or scams.

2. I am aware of this. And I love the comments that people leave for me, however it look a bit unbalanced with low rep and high feedback and I don't think I should have to post some off subject or highly debated topic where people side with me and give me rep(a common way to gain rep) Nor do I post a sexy avatar pic (sadly, another way to gain rep quickly).. How is that more worthy or rep than an honest, completed sales thread?? LOL

3. I'm not asking for a RULE, I'm asking for a new feature to be considered that IMO will help the forum to further evolve into something that supports both a sellers marketplace and the flow of the current system.

Yes one more question. I once left rep in addition to Itrader feedback for a transaction in which I was the buyer. The seller, to my surprise, came back and told me that that was against the rules. Rep was not allow to be exchanged along with feedback.. One or the other. Is that true?

Thanks!
    Rich

4. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    # 1 sellers are the people that scam. very few, but i have yet to hear a buyer scam himself.

#2 why should DP give itrader when DP is not involved in the deal?

#3 if itrader can be given by anyone, would that not defeat the whole point of itrader?

#4 if pricks that got scammed, would leave neg itrader instead of worring about their own 100% score, more people would trust the itrader system.

#5 when you have a system in place. like speeding, you'll always get a few that wanna push the limits. then bitch about getting caught or there wasn't enough warning signs in place.

#6 use the fucking itrader for what it was intented, then you wont have to worry about # fuckin 5

[edit]
    in all essence, i think DP needs to give 2x neg itrader to members that fail to give a neg itrader and bitch about being scammed, and not leaving a neg itreader

samantha pia, Nov 5, 2007 IP
    sawz likes this.
  5. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I sometimes rep my traders when things are GREAT :) You know who you are ;)

Karen May Jones, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  6. GreenGambler

Best Answers:

#1 I agee, sellers scam alot and make it harder for decent honest sellers to be trusted but that is irrelevant to my original topic.

#2 DP should not give Itrader, I'm not sure where you got that impression?

#3 Who ever said Itrader would be left by just anyone? Please quote me..

#4 I agree that anyone who is scamed should leave negative Itrader feedback and notify the mods. I'm not sure why being scamed makes you a prick though.. ?

#5 .. LOL true but I'm not sure how that response fits my original topic.

#6 You sound very frustrated and angry and really added nothing helpful at all. I hope you have a better day, wish you the best and I suggest being more polite and using non-offensive curse words.. Please.

7. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    If you're a good, helpful seller, people will add rep automatically ;)

8. GreenGambler

Best Answers:

Thanks Emirates, and I have received some good rep in sales thread, unfortunetly from members with low rep themselves..LOL But is that ok to do.. Leave both reputation and Itrader for the same transaction in the same thread.. I am unsure about this and have been told that it is not allowed.. I would like to find out.

Thanks!
    GG

JoyGoRound likes this.
  9. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I'd had people leave rep + iTrader after a quick buy/sell :)

10. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Reputation and iTrader are two different things. If you do a lot of trading, you will have a lot of iTrades. If you are honest, they will all be good, if you are dishonest, hopefully you will get negative ones.

If you post good posts that people enjoy or you are very helpful, you get a lot of green rep. I am not sure what else you would like from DP.

I do not think reputation would be worth much if DP was to give green reputation for every trade that you get iTrader for. Some people do very little to contribute to the forum except to come on and sell things. Since that is only a small part of DP, I see no point in what you are asking.

allout, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  11. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    The two (rep and itrader) are separate and there will not be a feature added that gives rep to people automatically for sales activities.

GuyFromChicago, Nov 5, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.