1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

6 Mo. Old Crysis/Crytek Video Game Blog with a Few Hundred Unique Visitors a Mo.

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Caligent, Oct 16, 2007.

Selling my Crysis/Crytek site CryFan.com which I purchased a while back. My webmaster let me down on this site since he forgot to update the Adsense ID and Chitika ads which combined earned the previous owner $43 - $25 from Chitika and $18 from AdSense.

Site runs on Wordpress and has a bunch of plugins already installed. These games are really popular, especially the Far Cry series.

Since the company (Crytek) has used the word "Cry" in everything they do (Far Cry, CryENGINE 1 & 2, Crysis) the domain name is targeted.

Design 100% custom. iWebtool reports numerous pages indexed in all 3 major search engines: http://www.iwebtool.com/index_checker?url=cryfan.com

Have not done any advertising. Traffic:

[​IMG]

I moved the site to my server when I acquired it and these are the stats moving forward:

[​IMG]

Lots of potential and good traffic to capitalize on, just as long as you don't make the same mistake as my webmaster. :(

Starting Bid: $25
    Increments: $10
    Reserve: Yes
    BIN: $250
    Ends: 12PM Eastern Time, this coming Saturday, BIN is met, or if I decide to sell early based on slow bidding.

Payment by Paypal.

Caligent, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  2. BuildHome

BuildHome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    40$ here to start :)

BuildHome, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  3. AAZZ

AAZZ Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello, why did the traffic have a incline, then droped and suddenly got 11k uniques? Any ideas?

AAZZ, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  4. Caligent

Caligent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, it's all concurrent with announcements, releases, and news about games from the company. If you check out the site, you'll see that at the beginning of the month the company announced the release date for their newly anticipated title, Crysis. Traffic is down because the release date for the game is November 16 and there isn't really anything new to report. There's also nothing on the site, such as cheats for current games out, to keep gamers coming back. Although, there are still a few hundred coming back to check for any changes in Crysis' release date.

That's why I'm selling this now is because I don't have time blog and someone could really make a killing if they start posting and marketing before the launch date.

To keep traffic up, I would recommend posting cheats for the current games they have out and of course for the new releases also.

Caligent, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  5. 2ndsky

2ndsky Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    50$ from me

2ndsky, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  6. davidcubed

davidcubed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    a bid of $70 here.

On condition of seeing referrers.

davidcubed, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  7. Caligent

Caligent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Caligent, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  8. 2ndsky

2ndsky Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    80 usd from me

2ndsky, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  9. Caligent

Caligent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    #1 searched phrase in Google is "crysis release date" (see referrers link above) which is coming up on Nov. 16th. Plenty of time to capitalize and build up some opportunities at this point if you hurry.

I'll lower the BIN this morning to $200. Auction ends tomorrow.

Caligent, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  10. Caligent

Caligent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Auction ends at 10:54PM Eastern Time tonight.

I'm lowering the BIN to $170.

Caligent, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  11. Caligent

Caligent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, since the reserve was not met, which is $150 - I'll extend the auction for 5 more days. Auction ends at 5PM Eastern Time on Oct. 25th. The site will be sold to the highest bidder at that time. I'll also set the BIN price at $150 for a quick sale. That's $100 off from the initial BIN price set.

Assuming that 2ndsky is still interested, $80 is the current high bid. Next bidder should post $90.

Caligent, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  12. Caligent

Caligent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Okay, any takers at $125 this morning?

Caligent, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  13. davidcubed

davidcubed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $90 here if you are still selling.

davidcubed, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  14. Caligent

Caligent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This auction is going to be relisted since it officially ended on Oct. 25th. In addition, back when it was originally listed, the site did NOT have a Pagerank. As of today, it now has a Google Pagerank of 2. I don't have time to relist it tonight. But when I do, the new BIN price will be $160 or best offer. If there are any takers before then, simply PM me and it'll both save us some time.

Caligent, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  15. 2ndsky

2ndsky Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    it might be interesting to anyone willing to buy this that i didn't hear from Caligent after i was the winner of this auction. Hes response times were quite long and I was getting suspicious. I asked him for another screenshot of his recent Adsense stats which he didn't return to me as of today.

My guess is that Caligent wasn't to happy about selling the site for 80$ (he originaly bought it for 250$ here on DP) and thus not really responding my PM's. I don't like to buy from people who don't respond PM's.

Anyways good luck with the selling.

2ndsky, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  16. Caligent

Caligent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    2ndsky, before you call someone out, you need to go re-review your PM's. I PM'd you at the end of the auction.

On Oct. 25th, I PM'd you:

If you want CryFan.com for $80, you can have it if you're interested. Let me know since you were the highest bidder.

Thanks,
    Caligent

On Oct. 26th, you replied:

Ya sounds like a deal.

Send me your paypal info and where is the domain registered?

does the site need an special script setup? blog-system?

regards

Due to being out of town, I responded to you on Nov. 1st:

Hello,

Please send $80 to Paypal address. Domain is registered at Godaddy, so I will need your registrant info. The site runs on Wordpress.

Let me know once you've sent payment.

Thanks,
    Caligent

You responed the same day, but with the following:

can you please send me some recent adsense stats?

thx

Your next move was to send payment and your Godaddy info. You asking me for Adsense stats implied that you were having second thoughts and I don't have time to play games. Sure, you can say that this was just one of the questions you wanted to ask, but to date, I still don't have your payment or Godaddy info.

Check out my reputation. I sell sites all the time for a loss, so obviously this wasn't the reason for me not selling it to you. You're simply lashing out since you missed out on a deal at $80 and now it's twice the price. When you asked me for my Paypal info, in which I sent, payment should have been sent soon after. You also don't read. I mentioned in my original post that my webmaster did not update the Adsense ID when I bought the site, so how am I supposed to send you screenshots? Again, you're just wasting my time since you ask me for things I already said I don't have plus you haven't sent payment.

What exactly could you be suspicious about when I have 100% feedback for all 26 transactions to date?

Jeez...

Caligent, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  17. 2ndsky

2ndsky Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    well you could have told me that you were out of town. That was a six day delay which got my thinking.

Anyways, good luck with the selling

2ndsky, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  18. Caligent

Caligent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The 6 day delay has nothing to do with anything. I offered you the site at a discount, you accepted and asked for my Paypal address. I gave it to you. But instead of paying, you asked me to provide you something I already said I didn't have in my original post.

Why would you agree to buy the site and then ask pre-sale questions afterwards? You don't ask for Adsense stats because you are suspicious, you ask questions directly pertaining to your suspicions.

Caligent, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  19. AAZZ

AAZZ Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please update the stats and revenue and tell me the highest bid you have recieved along with bin. Still interested :)

AAZZ, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  20. AAZZ

AAZZ Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please delete this, accidently hit "post reply" twice :(

AAZZ, Nov 5, 2007 IP