1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Boost Your Forum

Discussion in 'Services' started by Morgan, Oct 9, 2005.

1. timecoderror

timecoderror Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please forgive me if I offend with the following, but I've just read this entire post from October until now and it reads like a bad soap opera. The guy Morgan, running a posting site ... can't spell. When I clicked to his "forum" the writers posting there couldn't string a sentence together. Then Morgan began conducting his "business" right here in this forum! It was quite a read! It became amusing to ponder which of the posts, here in Morgan's store, were fake posters. "I'll sign up Morgan, when can I give you my money??" Wow. Some of these posts said Morgan's store, right here on Digital Point was the best Posting company out there. Oh, goodness. If that's true guys, rush in... it would seem to be a sellers market.

timecoderror, Dec 4, 2005 IP
    Pixel Dynamics likes this.
  2. Guru

Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow great 1 post I would say eh?

Guru, Dec 4, 2005 IP
  3. coolman

coolman Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    nice tpic to discuss and good place !!!!

coolman, Dec 4, 2005 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Clearly this is not the case with forumbulge. He has stated publicly whom he does and does not work for.

I believe that is an unreasonable characterization, given the examples I have posted.

Then they should not be in that business.

I believe that the current market rates are too low, and that we will begin to see market differentiation based upon service quality.

I have purchased packages from three vendors. Only those vendors with the best authors will be asked to continue to the next round.

Will.Spencer, Dec 5, 2005 IP
    aeiouy and yfs1 like this.
  5. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry to go a little off topic but any chance of the url? For some reason it intigues me.

There is nothing to ponder...He initially gave great service but his communication issues then caught up with him hence this mess...I wasn't faking it when I reccomended him. However after getting a lot of PMs and reading the posts afterward, I never used him again.

yfs1, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  6. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Huh? I am talking about the posters that work for him. He may not post for other services, but it is unlikely he has any control over his posters and what else they do in their free time. I don't think you understand what I was saying.

Most of these services just farm out the work to whomever will take it. Some have more rigorous screening processes than others but the reality is there is not a huge line of people willing to sit around making 100s of posts a day at 10 cents a pop. My point was that there are likely posters who work for multiple posting services and who might use the same names and submit them as work done to multiple services. Notice I have not said any specific service by name... I just know that people will often hire multiple services at the same time. (This is a very good strategy for anyone looking to pay for posters by the way.).

Like I said though, there is not a huge pool of reliable and quality posters out there to do the work for the small amount of money being offered. Some posting services take up to 50% of the total fee and pass the remaining money to the actual posters.

Perhaps an over-statement or hyperbole on my part. I get the impression that you feel like I am attacking you as being unrealistic. I was not targetting you at all. In fact elsewhere you specifically said you would pay more for higher quality. I am refering to the general population. The whole forum posting thing has entered a vicious downward spiral.

That is the problem though. The business model as it stands right now is not really sustainable for any extended period of time. Posting Services are not going to be able to maintain a very high level of posting with reliable and on-time delivery at the present rates. It is simply not possible. The whole thing breaksdown because almost all of them "hire" outside posters and pay them a very small amount of money for posts. This is not enough to assure quality, reliability or anything else. For posters it always becomes something that is low down on the list of priorities of things to do. Basically Forum Post Services Owners are relegated to herding cats.

I think the only way a real high quality service could work for those kinds of rates is if you have a very small service made up of 1 or 2 people who do all the posts themselves. This model though where they farm out the work is just not going to stand up over time.

I agree with you 100%. I also think you will see the quality posters only working for those services who pay the most money. So it is possible that this vicious downward spiral will revert itself and head back in the other direction. I think too many people have started these services and relied simply on price as the only difference.

Definately the right way to do it.

By the way I have heard of at least one service that is working on pushing the bar back up. So there does seem to be some hope.

aeiouy, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  7. Guru

Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow you guys put alot of thought into your posting in this thread lol. Im falling asleep trying to read all of what you are saying.

Guru, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  8. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I wasn't going to contribute to this thread anymore.
    But, need I say that this is exactly how I work?

I have 2 people working with me, both whom I know in real life and both whom live with me. So to that point, I do somewhat have an idea what they are doing in real life :)

Only on a couple of occasions have I requested outside help, however that happens only about 1% of the time.

We're not all herding cats :)

forumbulge, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  9. William

William Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Morgan I am aware of your current situationen and I am sorry for you but I would appricate to get a response from you.

Regards

William, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  10. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Fair enough... and I think I stated that is the only real method to provide the service requested at the prices offered.

If that is the case, I think you need to make that clear. Some people think that saying they have 10s of unique posters is somehow better. It is only better if they are all quality posters. Having a couple of high quality posters who can post on a lot of subjects would be much better than a lot of average to below average posters.

I tried to be careful not to impinge any particular posting service.. I was speaking generalities.

aeiouy, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  11. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah I know you were, thats cool.
    I've always stated we're a small team, no point misleading people.

I hope you get a response soon William.

forumbulge, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  12. steveuk1

steveuk1 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi, just joining in on this debate.

we have planned and opened up a paid forum service.

http://www.forumboost.co.uk

same as forumbulge, we actually no the posters in real life as we all live under the same roof.again we are a small team,

i think certain people on here saying they can have several different ip address posters may be lying and most definately a scam. i wont mention any names.

it just cant be very profitable to employ people to do the work. well thats here in the uk anyway.

our site is not about making a quick buck, we are in this for the long term. and am looking to build reliable company with outstanding feedback. early days as of yet.;) .

gong to be launching our advertising campaign very soon:)

steveuk1, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  13. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    One piece of advice:

If you are going to enter the forum posting business, you will most certainly do better if the posts advertising your service feature proper spelling, grammar, and capitalization.

Post #132 was an abomination.

Will.Spencer, Dec 17, 2005 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  14. gemwol

gemwol Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Paidposts.com is a scam, a sloppy one at that. I found him through DNF and solely based on that I decided to go for the gold package. What a mistake. If you want excuses, Morgan's your man, if you need a few lies, Morgan's your man, if you need forum posts Morgan is not your man. In 2 months I got $25 worth of posts from the $250 I paid and if you knew the struggle I had to get them. But don't worry Morgan will be here again with another excuse. I am looking forward to the next excuse, but please, please, use some creativity, you were a forum poster service afterall.

gemwol, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  15. steveuk1

steveuk1 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    posts look more natural with mstakes in. afterall not everyone can be compared to your superiarity (bad spelling again) . and maybe you have too much time on your hands

steveuk1, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  16. joch21

joch21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Jesus Christ - How many forum posting services does this little internet need? Seems like everybody is jumping on the bandwagon.

joch21, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  17. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Good forum users are not attracted to bad posts.

Will.Spencer, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  18. gemwol

gemwol Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I concur. Good posting standards should be ones objective, occasional mistakes are acceptable. Bad spelling and grammar routinely stand out like a sore thumb.

gemwol, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  19. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Tuf luv frum Wil Spenser :)

But a very valid point. If you're going to impress upon others the validity and importance of hired hands for building up a community, you won't accomplish that with shoddy language skills.

wrmineo, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  20. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Agreed there.
    I wouldn't be in this business if I didn't have top notch English skills.
    :)

forumbulge, Dec 18, 2005 IP
    timecoderror likes this.