1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BANs Alternative

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by ExpertForumGuy, Nov 4, 2007.

isn't there programs out there that allow you to create a niche online store by finding a commission junction affiliate/advertiser that lists their products individually

And it creates a store for you?

Does it exist? Just wondering, because I want to create a niche store without using BANS - if possible.

2.) Does BANS make people tons of money?

ok that's all
    peace!

ExpertForumGuy, Nov 4, 2007 IP
    Aldouspi likes this.
  2. Killermule

Killermule Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many ppl out there use BANS and make NO money.

But there are also many people out there that have mdade hundreds t othousands off of their BANS store.

I have made about $120 or so off my single BANS store over the past 3 weeks.

You WONT make anything off BANS if you know little to nothing about traffic and optimization.

BANS will make the store for you... How well it will go? Is all up to you...

Killermule, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  3. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    There a lot of BANS alternatives. You can even do it yourself using rss feeds.
    Here are the few alternatives.
    1. PHPBayPro
    2.EshopBaby
    ...and some which I forgot the name. Just browse or use the search function of this forum and you will surely find some good alternatives.

sakto, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  4. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Once you've got a parser up and running (magpie, lastrss, etc), you can create a store from just about any of the CJ advertisers that provide an RSS feed.

I'm not aware of any commercial scripts that can do this. But it's not incredibly difficult to do it yourself.

Kerosene, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  5. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a listing of stores at CJ that offer RSS feeds?? I'd like to work with a few other merchants with my parser.

Thanks!
    hanji

hanji, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  6. mikyur

mikyur Peon

Best Answers:
    Very True. If you don't know how to drive traffic to your sites, you won't make money.

mikyur, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  7. bigmeep

bigmeep Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a product called Automatic Online Shop that does this via the CJ.com web services API. I don't know anything about it other than that it exists.

It would be pretty easy to build a BANS-like interface through the API but I don't know what the performance of their API is like or if they have limitations on the size of the data you can pull down at once.

bigmeep, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  8. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a great question/thread as I hadn't considered other CJ advertisers as store potential. I do use BANS and find it well worth the price, but it is limited to eBay only. Now I might think about what other stores related to CJ to set up...

The link for Automatic Online Shop is http://automaticonlineshop.com/

As I have indicated, I haven't tried it, but it looks interesting.

Aldouspi, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  9. tlbuckingham

tlbuckingham Peon

Best Answers:
    eShopDaddy is another one that I use (I have BANS as well). Just make sure that your host supports ioncube loaders.

tlbuckingham, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  10. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:

How much is this? I see you have to sign up to their list first (turn off #1) to see the price.

hanji

hanji, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  11. Balbozar

Balbozar Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah I know....I am always skeptical about lists myself. The script is selling for just under $100. Its the same price as bans but it does much more. I got to try it out as a beta tester and I was surprised. I think there is a 60 day money back guarantee as well.

Balbozar, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  12. hospitaleracha

hospitaleracha Active Member

Best Answers:
    And it has the same chances as BANS to get your stores de-indexed by Google. SY

hospitaleracha, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  13. DianeS55

DianeS55 Peon

Best Answers:
    Any site has a chance to get deindexed at any time. I wouldn't hold that against Niche Devil or phpBay or any script or plugin.

Many times it is not the script you are using but where you are using it that matters. My aged dot coms outdo any other sites in my network every time...

DianeS55, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  14. hospitaleracha

hospitaleracha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are right if it is the occasional site that gets de-indexed. But not if nearly all sites that were built with a certain script get de-indexed. SY

hospitaleracha, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  15. Balbozar

Balbozar Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah it could get de-indexed any time just like any wordpress blog or joomla site or anything else. The thing with bans however, was that de-indexing occurred mostly for .info sites that had the script. New domains with no authority capitalizing on the refresh rate of the auctions and thus "tricking google" by creating the illusion that there is fresh content.

The thing with Niche Devil is that the site pulls Youtube videos which are being given preferential treatment by Google. The new content also comes from the twitter feeds and the news feeds. There is no "trick" here. The content is always fresh and its actually there.

Also, Bans had a footprint. Even if you placed blank index files in every folder Google seemed to get to them. Niche Devil doesn't leave one. The script is only a few kilobytes.

Balbozar, Jul 31, 2009 IP