1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Web host duped me, please help me

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by ajaykumarmeher, Nov 4, 2007.

Hello Friends,

I am in too depression. To day when I started my computer and went to log-in to my site I got the message that "Cannot reach the host". So I tried some other browser and I found the same problem in all browsers. I tried some other sub domain of mine hosted on the same server and all have same problem.

Then I tried to go to my web host web site and it is also not accessible. I did not have any prior info about this downtime. When I am trying to contact them they are not reachable. and they are not even replying to my message. a month or two back I sent them an email regarding some problem in my site and never got a reply. Even I told them to cancel my account but they did not respond. Now I am not having any access to them nor to my site Cpnael. At this moment what should I do??? Is there a way I can file a legal complain against them.

The site is http://hosteasi.com
    my site is : http://blog.techiezone.in

Please give me some suggestion.

ajaykumarmeher, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  2. izeaus

izeaus Banned

Best Answers:
    How much did that cost you . and where was the office of the host and it might be possible that your hosts Nameserver has been modified or some problems might have occured

izeaus, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  3. ajaykumarmeher

ajaykumarmeher Banned

Best Answers:
    It is located in iweb datacenter in USA. This is the DNS stuff report:

Searching for hosteasi.com A record at h.root-servers.net Got referral to f.gtld-servers.net. [took 43 ms]
    Searching for hosteasi.com A record at f.gtld-servers.net. Got referral to ns2.hosteasi.com. [took 41 ms]
    Searching for hosteasi.com A record at ns2.hosteasi.com. Timed out. Trying again.
    Searching for hosteasi.com A record at ns1.hosteasi.com. Timed out. Trying again.
    Searching for hosteasi.com A record at ns1.hosteasi.com. Timed out. Trying again.
    Searching for hosteasi.com A record at ns2.hosteasi.com. Timed out. Trying again.

It shows Name server is not reachable. It costed me 50 bucks but thats not a concern. I had a PR 4 and I hve many important posts in that blog so I can not afford to loose them. I hv a steady income from that blog. Please help me regarding what to do now.

ajaykumarmeher, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  4. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the problem seems far more serious
    neither a ping on the host or your site nor a host inquiry brings any result
    also
    neither your own domain name nor your hosts domain name can be resolved by a nameserver from here.

hence that look like if oyur host's entire server has been either taken OFF-line or is HW-damaged and offline.

rather first than second option!

here a clue for your future:

BEFORE choosing a host, research:
    a simple
    whois hosteasi.com

Updated Date: 14-mar-2007
    Creation Date: 11-mar-2007

Name Server: NS1.HOSTEASI.COM
    Name Server: NS2.HOSTEASI.COM

shows that host is brand new without any serious professional experience. select a sost that is that is at LEAST SEVERAL years in business !!

also avoid hosts with all NS in same name-space ( same domain most likely also means same data-center.

how can such taking a host offline happen ?
    usually such new hosts may just be resellers having a single or a few dedicated server(s) and then resell account space ...

hence such mini-(hobby)-hosts often are part of a real hosting company.

ONE single serious offense, like hosting sites with copyright infringements, hotlinking to stolen remote pictures, etc may usually be sufficient to instantly and without further discussion NOR prior notification (!!!) - result in instant account termination and server stop by the "real" host in charge of the servers.

choose serious partners if YOU plan to do some serious business/publishing online.

for now - assume your site and all its content being lost,
    search for a new host and prepare your (hopefully ) existing backups for a re-upload to a new host.

your domain name hopefully is managed from OTHER than your host and can thus be transferred to another server by simply changing the NS settings in your own control panel of your domain registration location.

looking at your most recent post below - I just like to emphasize that from MY location there is NO more NS giving any IP resolving. hence may be PART of all global NS have lost already your OLD data while slower ones still may show an IP.

if you have a phone number of your host - CALL them and ask them directly
    if NO reply - move to OTHER host and solve your current host problem afterwards when on new host reallocated

hans, Nov 4, 2007 IP
    ajaykumarmeher likes this.
  5. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you take a backup ?

gr8liverpoolfan, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  6. tandac

tandac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hans's advice absolutely correct. Just remember cheaper isn't always better. I only wish more people could learn that.

tandac, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  7. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    we PM'ed a few times back and forth. unfortunately all that PM-stuff is lost for others who may have the very same situation.

the essence is that there apparently is NO backup ...

hence after a brief verificastion: I adised ajaykumarmeher:

if you have NO backup on YOUR own laptop/PC ...
    !!!!!!!!!

then YOU are simply victim of your own careful precautions and may have to live with a total loss.

however

you have a guardian angel !! because you are one of those who ( like me ) did NOT exclude the bot "ia_archiver" for your www backup at

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://blog.techiezone.in

go there ASAP ( really ASAP because as far as I know records from deleted domains also get deleted !! )
    copy all the pages you find - save file as - to your disk
    and safe as much as possible to add whatever is lost.

I know from OTHER threads that many disallow bot ia_archiver ...
    I had myself once a situation where I willingly deleted an entire page locally AND remotely and some time later found out that to have that page back up would be good, but I had NO backup from much earlier versions, just to find that full version stored/saved at web.archive.org.

there is a much different use of web.archive.org - for O purpose no one apparently seems to think about:

if ever you had a page much higher ranking ( top 20 ) then messed around with that page hopiing to get top 10 and lost your top 20 ... to drop way down ...

and then find an old copy on web.archive.org with that old SEO to get you back UP in serps ! :) !

everything in www sometimes HAS a reason and benefit - if you see all picture and potential at once.

hans, Nov 4, 2007 IP