1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can we sue google?!

Discussion in 'Google' started by redhits, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmocentral

cosmocentral Banned

Best Answers:
    :) So much frustration with Google changes recently I guess. Poor guy.

cosmocentral, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  2. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    there is one seo guy that sued them..
    and he won
    for dropping his pr rank etc

redhits, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  3. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course they manipulated the system. You're right it's their system and they can do anything with it they like. I'm just saying that all this has caused many advertisers and publishers to have doubts about Google's honesty and integrity. There has already been lots of bad press and question raised about Google's methods, intention and integrity. So far they have been reluctant to address any of these concerns which only adds fuel so a law suit, no matter how crazy it looks, will only cause futher speculation and doubt in the webmaster community.

I'm no expert but this looks like a paid link. Guess it's ok for some but not others. Let's just say I could afford to buy a link here, would it be a violation and would I be penalized for it?
    >>http://www.apache.org/foundation/thanks.html

LakeCountry, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  4. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt that Google, Yahoo, HP etc need any link juice and the apache link is just a thanks.

Of course, Google is going to manipulate the market to their advantage. Lawsuits will only have a chance when uncompetitive business practices relating to buying and selling are involved.

Parisite MFA and link selling sites have no basis to complain. Learn how to avoid the sticky boards and roach bombs.

bogart, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  5. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You are right of course, they don't need the link juice. My point then is this. Just suppose I have a site which you like. You donate $xxx.xx to help me out. I place a link on my site which just happens to be on a high PR page as a way to say thanks. From Google's view point it may appear to be a paid link for the purpose of gaming PR/Serps and we are both subject to penalties. To me it's the same as Google stating you should submit your site to Yahoo Directory which is paid then turning around and penalizing other sites for doing virtually the same thing.

It's Google's appearant double standards and lack of clear guidelines and unwillingness to address these issues that I think are causing the problems. Google created the monster and are within their rights to do what ever the please. I'm not suggesting that everyone that received a drop in PR or Serp position run out and sue them but I do think this has caused a lot of doubt and suspicion about their motives.

LakeCountry, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  6. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google is purposely vague in their guidlines. Rather than give straight answers they have a secret Google employee known as GoogleGuy and Matt Cutts bog acting as their spokesman.

bogart, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  7. jerdei

jerdei Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Companies in the past have tried to sue google over rankings in the search engines. These companies claimed their buisness was destroyed when their rankings were dropped. So far no case has been one and I followed several. The fact is your rankings will very. As a business you need to rank for many different popular search phrases organically and use paid advertising as well. Many companies rely mostly on marketing efforts and not organic search results. Even if your site was de-indexed by Google it is possible to get listed again but it takes time.

For any business you should have a good game plan. You are an expert at what you do. Not an SEO expert. When I firsted started on-line I paid people to do my SEO. Norrmally 300 bucks a pop and they would do the keyword re-search for me and optimize my pages. I learned slowly over time what to do to get the top rankings for good keywords and not ever pay a dime to do it.

jerdei, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  8. jerdei

jerdei Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

What's the case? and what state? I have never seen someone who has won and would like to review the court documents. PR is important but at the same time it does not guarantee your site will be listed ahead of a lower page rank website. I have hundreds of low ranking pages that beat out pr 5 sites because the page is fully SEOed for the search phrase.

jerdei, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  9. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    And yet their stock price is $711.25 a share. A frivolous lawsuit won't hurt their bottom line, and it won't help webmasters who don't like Google gain much credibility with the general public... A more effective protest would be to vote with your dollars, and take your advertising dollars elsewhere. Especially to Yahoo or Microsoft.

Forrest, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  10. Audentio

Audentio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They should be able to sue those who sell links at the alarming rate that some do. No way in hell could you sue Google. That is ripping off their hard work.

Audentio, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  11. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    We can sue but we are up against the almighty Google so I think my chances are slim to nil.

cool_78, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  12. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    If you don't like Google, simply create a file called "robots.txt" in your public_html folder and have this included in the file:

User-agent: Googlebot

Disallow: /

That should solve all your Google problems. It'll be a protest again them.

Fka200, Nov 3, 2007 IP
    Forrest likes this.
  13. digitalmusings

digitalmusings Peon

Best Answers:
    HAHA! Lolz@Zumzee!

digitalmusings, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  14. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I won't if I were you, Google is now nearly Equal Internet. I doubt every Microsoft has such far reaching powers now.

wisdomtool, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  15. lowster11

lowster11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try it on Judge Judy, I'd love to hear her call you an idiot in front of millions of viewers...lol!

lowster11, Nov 3, 2007 IP
    1 person likes this.
  16. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    omg, LMFAO. green rep'd!

Fka200, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  17. D'Godown

D'Godown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You cant sue because you didnt bought PR or leased it from them as a service or product.

Its their internal system BUT there are hundreds of loopholes one can sue google.

D'Godown, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  18. Union

Union Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you post a statement like this?

"one seo guy"??

"dropping his pr rank etc"????

Please don't make ridiculously vague, unquantified and obviously false statements on this board.

No you can sue google. Don't be daft. Google has a better case against you than you have against them. My advice is to just let it go. this is not a fight you can win.

Union, Nov 4, 2007 IP
    oseymour likes this.
  19. John Kain

John Kain Peon

Best Answers:
    Well pagerank is always up for changes you can't expect google not to make any changes to their tools.

John Kain, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  20. guidyy

guidyy Active Member

Best Answers:

Can't remember if it was MCD or some other, but someone sued for that and won.
    That's why now there is the sign "warning! very hot beverage" on every cup.

guidyy, Nov 4, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.