1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guidelines for purchasing links..

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by kraven, Nov 3, 2007.

Can anyone help me with a few guidelines that I should follow when looking for links.

Specifically how many outgoing links should be on that page? It seems like a lot of people that are selling these links on blogrolls have A LOT of outgoing links. Will that lower the juice that is given to you?

Also if anyone knows of a thread regarding this please forward it. I searched but there are a lot of threads on links.

Thanks

kraven, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  2. webmasterlagoon

webmasterlagoon Peon

Best Answers:
    The more links on the page the worse for you since the overall PR value is divided among all the links.

webmasterlagoon, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  3. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    IMO, purchasing link on a page with more then 10 outbound links is waste of money.Everyone should place maximum of 10 outbound links!.

saadahmed007, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  4. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are interested in getting traffic I would recommend that you do some research to find out where the other site is in the search results for your keywords/phrases.

While a sitewide link on a blog (or other site) with 20 outbounds might not help with PR it could certainly increase your traffic flow (Which is more valuable in the long run than PR). Personally, I doubt that a sitewide link will have much PR value anyway. "Google" is well aware of sitewides and probably deems them to be paid links

kentuckyslone, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  5. KNEB

KNEB Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure link you are having real PR most of link seller fake their PR. Buy links don't do link exchange. Don't buy link from page which has link more than 40-50.

KNEB, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  6. toydog

toydog Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many cheap fake PR links selling in ebay. Example: $80/6month starting bid for PR8. Most PR checking tool cannot tell as all data center shows the fake rank.

This is what I do to check:
    Do a search in google to find the page it is selling link on. Then check and compare the google result cache page URL and the google display URL. A Fake PR page will not display the same domain name.

Example of fake PR page:
    Google SERP URL: http://[B]www.abc.com[/B]
    Google Cache URL: http://72.14.235.104/search?q=cache:vdvod6MFLxUJ:www.xyz.com+abc&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=sg

Real example of Fake page rank site selling in ebay: example 1, example 2

You can use tool like this to check: A, B, C

toydog, Nov 3, 2007 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  7. webmasterlagoon

webmasterlagoon Peon

Best Answers:
    kentuckyslone is right. If your main objective is increasing your site's ranking positions pay attention to site's rankings where you buy links.
    As for PR, nobody can guarantee you that your PR will rise during the next update, even if you place a link from PR 7 site.

webmasterlagoon, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  8. kraven

kraven Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't really care that much about PR, I care more about ranking's and traffic.

My competitiors are mostly getting links from directories and banner ads. (I know the banner ads arent helping them much with rankings) Even in the directories most of them are not using good anchor text. They are using their company name. So I'm pretty sure if I can get more good anchor links, then I will pass them. I just want to make sure that I don't waste my money buying links on sites that arent going to help my PR.

example: About a month ago I bought like 240 links on a persons blog roll spread out over 15 blogs. I paid about $20.00. I think I might have wasted my money, because I didnt seem to move any in the search engines.

Now I see some sites selling PR3 sites with like max. of 5 links going out on one page. The only problem is that each link is $45.00. We'll I'm not sure something like this is a good deal or if it is over priced.

So now I'm just looking for some good general guidlines to follow when purchasing links.

Thanks everyone for you answers.

kraven, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  9. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    for buying links:
    see rankings
    pr value
    revalancy of the link page compared to your site
    maximum outgoing links on page.
    simple rules that anyone can check.

scoobby, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  10. kraven

kraven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of what I have read above, I agree with and have tried to follow in the past.

But what I dont understand is why when I go to the link buying part of this forum I see threads like this: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=521479 and I wonder why people seem so interested in purchasing a link on this blog?

I did an outbound link test on this url and it showed 153 outbound links.

What would be the benefit of buying one of these links?

kraven, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  11. webmasterlagoon

webmasterlagoon Peon

Best Answers:
    153 is pretty much though. But you can ask for discount saying it has too many links.

webmasterlagoon, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  12. kirby009

kirby009 Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't see anything wrong with putting a lot of links on your website because it counts as content and could increase hits.

kirby009, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  13. pedring

pedring Banned

Best Answers:
    pedring, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  14. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    no many outgoing links are triger the G algo of link farms.That is what happen to some directories.They were taken by G like a link farms.So the maximum outgoing liks will be 10 in every page the maximum IMO.

scoobby, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  15. webmasterlagoon

webmasterlagoon Peon

Best Answers:
    According to google guidelines there may be maximum of 200 links on the page.

webmasterlagoon, Nov 5, 2007 IP