1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Crappy landing page

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mrhodes40, Nov 3, 2007.

Apparently my landing page is crap, I have had about 60 well targeted people visit and not one sale. www.ibsalternative.com If you don't have IBS you won't get it, but a person with IBS who is searching on "ibs hypnosis" is my target customer and I would ahve expected a sale by now. I have spent years developing my skill and expertise in this area and the last 4 months developing my product, which is good quality etc.

How the heck do I sell it? I'm no "ad man", Is there anywhere I can go to learn to hone my copy skills so it is more appealing cause the basic message, "buy this cause it's well researched and reasonable" is not cutting it at all.

This is a great forum! Thanks for reading my query
    marie

mrhodes40, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  2. DBallerz

DBallerz Peon

Best Answers:
    Your website looks very, very, very....shall I say...90's? You can have the best product in the world, but if you don't deliver it the right way, you are not going to get a sale. It looks unprofessional and untrustworthy. I'd suggest hiring a designer to help you with a theme (there is tons on DP). Good luck with you site.

DBallerz, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  3. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you definitely need to redesign that site!

PM me if you would like us to quote a price...

BlueDevilMedia, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  4. Hypothermic

Hypothermic Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a web designer... NOW!

Hypothermic, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  5. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    I only looked at your homepage.

For the most part, take out the purple background, :eek: leave the left section in, and you are 90% there.

As for not getting sales. First off, not many believe in hypnosis. Second, even if they do, hypnosis for that?!

Sorry.

Besides, normal sales is 1 sale out of every 100-300 visitors.

And for this one here...brother, good luck.

Again, sorry.

Perry Rose, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  6. tonybogs

tonybogs Peon

Best Answers:
    1 out of every 100-300 is far too low.

A nice conversion rate would be around 2% and the sky is the limit highly targeted sites like yours can convert much better than this. Definetely change the site design, simply making it a white background with black text will help. Highlight important points and subheading in red.

A few tips

- Start off by promising a solution to a problem. What is the biggest problem someone with IBS faces. Saying you have a solution isnt enough..something like "Have you ever wanted to overcome IBS, youre about the find a tried and true method that works fast, every time"

- Instead of telling us who you are tell us where youve come from. "A few years ago I was a sufferer of IBS. It had a hold on my life meaning i couldnt do all the things i enjoy like <list related activites". This will enable you to relate to your visitors and build some trust in you.

- In your "clinical hypnosis" section dont simply list the benefites. After you list each one highlight how this benefits your customer. eg. "Has no side effects - Once you finish with our program the only side effect will be improvement"

- Choose your wording carefully this is can make a HUGE difference. Instead of saying "Here's a shocker: There has never been a patient study on gut directed hypnosis that did not find it helpful for IBS and these studies have consistently been coming out since 1983!" Say "Since 1983 every patient who undertook hypnosis to help treat IBS has seen positive result". See the difference?

I hope this information proves helpful :)

Good Luck!

tonybogs, Nov 3, 2007 IP
    MTbiker likes this.
  7. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter what your landing page looks like if you are trying to make a sale from the get go. Consider bringing on your visitors as leads and building a relationship with them and then based on what they give you their information on you will know what you can "recommend" to them that will convert at a high rate.

John Guanzon, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  8. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    2%? You wish. Hell, so do I!

Now, if it was for sex or game products...maybe, but even still.

Perry Rose, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  9. tonybogs

tonybogs Peon

Best Answers:
    2% is achievable in almost any market...

At the internet retailers conference this year many companies were showing stats up to 8% (no that is not a joke :) )

Some markets are harder than others (electronics is a good example) simply because there is so much choice and its very competitive. Its all about making slight modifications and tweaking as much as you can to grab every fraction of a %

tonybogs, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  10. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    As a marketing and advertising consultant, and who has talked with plenty of business owners, and have read many articles and interviews from them, AND I myself seeing the reality of it all, you won't mind if I say bullshit, do you? :)

Sorry, with the exception of the holidays, and Halloween, and a few occassions here and there, it's less than 2%. 1 out of every 100-300 buys. many times it is more than 300. That's average with most, if not practically all products.

8%???! Ok, now you will believe just about anything, won't ya?

What were they selling after they said that. Oh, wait, they had graphs and charts, with little red and blue lines going up and down, right? hee :)

We can agree to disagree. No biggie. :)

11. Scragglefish

Scragglefish Guest

Best Answers:
    Ahhhhhhhhh! Get rid of the purple! That turned me off instantly. Also, 60 isn't a good enough sample size to see if your landing page is converting. I'd suggest atleast 200.

Scragglefish, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  12. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A .3% conversion rate... remind me not to hire you as a marketing and advertising consultant :)

MTbiker, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  13. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MTbiker, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  14. cosmocentral

cosmocentral Banned

Best Answers:
    It takes time to build a business, I would say keep working.

cosmocentral, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  15. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Say what?! lol

And remind me to send you Hooked on Phonics for Christmas, biker boy. :p

16. tonybogs

tonybogs Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe :)

Ok agree to disagree we must. 8% did seem extremely high but hey i wasn't about to go calling them liars, if they can discuss it its something to strive for. No they weren't selling anything at the conference :)

I will never rest until my conversion rate hit 100%, until that happens we can always do better ;)

tonybogs, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  17. amund94

amund94 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the reason is:

I look bad :(

SRY but it look like a old old old bad bclipart page :(

amund94, Nov 5, 2007 IP