1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do YOU believe in evolution?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by astup1didiot, Oct 29, 2007.

?

Do you believe in evolution?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2007.
  1. Yes

111 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your right, flowers, birds and other things are beautiful and that the news is often filled with bad things.

But maybe your fooling yourself into believing that your love of a god is alone enough, and that nothing else is needed.

I do believe in darker, negative energy, as i do positive energy.

We are not worshipping satan but some people in the church and other places are involved in satanism, some churches double as sacrificial places, a lot of double lives going on.

In the city where i live i know of a key headquarters that has a very strong connection with satanism but to most people it appears as an ordinary building, it holds venues and caters to other things but it has off bounds rooms for other reasons, its designed in a particular way, i know of a young woman who did some temp work there, she told me something that tied in with something else that i had found out.

Some of the people that attend this place will be key figures in the city, so called respected people but theres another side to them.

Still i believe in no gods, good or evil, but the ability to use energy and forces in a positive or negative way, maybe possible.

pipes, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  2. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    He may be winning, but he hasn't won, i suggest you read the last book in the bible. It was written thousands of years ago, but it describes modern day life, and it tells of how horrible the world will become. But then comes the lord.

Do you always make up percentages to win debates, it just shows what you are willing to do to deny God.

sb1234, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  3. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Again, i know many churches are corrupt and wrong, but i also know my personal relationship with God. I know when im reading something from the bible, he is guiding me toward correct comprehension. I can feel it. When i accepted the lord, i went from a pot smoking, alcoholic, lonely, pathetic man, into a completely sober, happily married, loving father, with a successful career in engineering. Withing only a few months. There is no way you can tel me God doesn't exist. You should seek him, he will change your life. The empty will be whole. You will feel that empty feeling you once felt, be filled by God. You will become happy. You cant tell me right now that you aren't going through life with that feeling of something missing. Everyone does. But it goes away when they find God.

sb1234, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  4. coolmanphp

coolmanphp Peon

Best Answers:

Surah 112. The Unity, Sincerity, Oneness Of Allah
    1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
    2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
    3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
    4. And there is none like unto Him.

Recited in Arabic: Ahmad Al-Ajmy
    http://server3.mp3quran.net/ajm/112.mp3
    http://www.mp3quran.net/eng/ajm_english.html

And also:
    Surah 2:255
    Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).

coolmanphp, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    See you have just said something that i see time and time again with the whole ive found god thing.

Before i point it out i first want to say im happy for you, if you turned your life around its cool, im really genuinely pleased to hear of that.

Ok to mt point, i notice that religion and its followers tend to often target people when their down, get them at their most vunerable, so then when the church/group etc helps you back to your feet again, you become convinced that it couldn't of been done without their help, and they will be telling you things like "see, the lord helped you" "that was your faith in the lord" when in reality its a change of circumstances.

They will convince you, then you will convince yourself that it was prayer, love for god and faith and all that.

Anytime your down on your luck again the church/organisation will come to your rescue again, hence your trapped into believing that you cant live without them and the god that you believe in.

They may even go as far to tell you that if you lose faith or leave the group that you have been tempted by satan.

They get you everyway, everytime.

pipes, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  6. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    sb1234 people in the P&R forum don't much care for preaching. They don't much care for your amount of belief being used as evidence of truth.

it's simply not good enough to stamp your feet, proclaim complete belief and expect people to accept it.

stOx, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  7. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    and ive shown you plenty of articles that disprove evolution

sb1234, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  8. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:

I was never targeted by anyone, i came to know God on his terms none else's. It may seem they are targeted, but that is just how it works, 9 times out of 10 the person who is down comes to the church, the church does not come to them.

but its ok to believe Darwin? Einstein? you want proof. Look around. We do not come from nothing. Point to one thing that came from nothing on this earth toaday

sb1234, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  9. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They bait you though, it could be a pamphlet, tv or something else, but their a business, out to sell their wares.

The power of suggestion weve all heard that one right?

You can literally sell and convince, just on the strength of suggesting how something is, its one of the biggest scams in history, possibly the biggest.

All you need to do is convince them.

pipes, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  10. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Darwin, Einstein, Yes. things with evidence and testable models which time and time again return the same results when tested.

Who says we come from nothing? It's a complete strawman argument. I certainly haven't made any statement like that and I'm sure no other atheist has either. So far the only people presenting an argument that relies on the ability of something to come from nothing are the people arguing on the side of the existence of god.

Your answer to complex problems is an infinitely more complex solution.
    if there is something you don't understand, Like the begining of the universe, you use a solution which is infinitely more complex than the question it is answering.

stOx, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  11. Waffleguy

Waffleguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Technically, the theory of gravity is "just a theory."

Waffleguy, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  12. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Well that could apply to absolutley anything, i am a christian and i know for FACT we do not target people that are down on their luck. They get down on their luck then come to GOD.

Yes, but its been proven through observation.

reverse the theory of evolution , you end up with nothing

sb1234, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wait, but you said evolution hasn't been proven ands that's why it's called a theory. Yet you accept that the theory of universal gravity has been proven, Even though that is also a theory. I think you just exposed yourself as someone who doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

read up on the definition of scientific theory.

no you don't. You end up with a single cell organism. evolution doesn't touch the origins of life, Only the origins of the species. The theory of evolution starts at the second the first life formed. it doesn't offer any reasons or explanation as to how that life came about.

Again, Go read up on it if you are going to attempt to form an argument against it. because so far your ignorance is making it pitifully easy for people who know what they are talking about to tear you to shreds.

stOx, Nov 3, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  14. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    years ago people thought thunder was the gods bowling, they simply did not have the ability to understand lighting and thunder

the same holds true today, because we don't know something like how the universe was created, doesn't mean whatever god you believe in is real

ferret77, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  15. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    It is a proved theory evolution is not.

So evolution can take you all the way back to a single cell, then what. Sounds to me like a flawed theory.

your trying to attack my intelligence as a way to make yourself superior, your methods and theories are still not fact. You have no argument
    didn't realize bowling was around during those times

sb1234, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  16. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say that anyone is trying to attack your intelligence, but instead only suggesting that for you to argue your point against evolution it is probably a good idea to read some more about it first.

If you notice, many of the people here arguing against the existence of a god are actually and obviously well read on the subject, they have clearly done a lot of thinking and research themselves and then made their own choices and form their own opinions.

They are not just saying they dont believe and screw anything to do with it, they are pointing out lots of obvious things and are able to explain how they came to their conclusions.

pipes, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  17. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    i have read on evolution and each article i read came to different conclusions and just further supported my lack of trust for the theory. Try to find on definition that all scientist agree on, my bet is you cant do it.

sb1234, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  18. twistedspikes

twistedspikes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I believe in evolution, but also some kind of higher being.

The earth was created by some matter travelling in a direction at the precise speed and lots of other variable to allow evolution and life to form on this planet. I believe that there must have been some kind of higher being behind this as it's highly unlikely that it would happen randomly (although possible).

twistedspikes, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  19. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How about you post an example of where they disagree and I'll show you what part of it you aren't understanding. Or is this just another occasion where you say something and then ignore all requests for sources?

of course we could ask why you believe in god when there are so many different conclusion reached by so many different religions, but it's far more fun to rip you to pieces on your own terms.

stOx, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  20. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you keep assuming I haven't read the bible and wasn't religious at one point in my life?

astup1didiot, Nov 3, 2007 IP