1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone Able To Lucid Dream?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by KIbeth, Aug 16, 2006.

Can anyone here lucid dream?
    Its something I have been doing for quite aq while now, and i was wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

Lol - No wet sheets involved either!

KIbeth, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  2. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't remember my dreams that often (supposedly we always dream), but when I do...I'm capable of flying in them ie I chose to fly in them.

Rick_Michael, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  3. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    Eat before you goto sleep like right before. It might do the trick. I am not sure if its just me, but it seems it does the trick almost everytime.

INV, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  4. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    B-12 also helps with dreams.

Lucid dreams were big in the 70s. Of course, so was shag carpeting...

Phynder, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  5. Phoenix Arizona

Phoenix Arizona Peon

Best Answers:
    I did a few research papers back in high school and college about lucid dreams since I was having them all the time.

They are less frequent now... but I still enjoy it once I've "awakened" in my dream. Talk about fun!!!

I too do a lot of flying... it seems as soon as I realize I'm dreaming I want to leap forward and fly (arms out, sort of like Superman). Sometimes I'll smash right through windows on highrise buildings and out into the city (used to live in Chicago). What A rush to know you're dreaming and know you can not get hurt. :D

Everything I've read says not to eat before bed. And, goes on to further discourage certain items from your diet while working within this and w/OBE's. Check out Ultimate Journey - by Robert A. Monroe for some interesting reading.

One of the biggest "triggers" for me is having long hair in my dream. Somehow that always tells me I'm dreaming since I wear a very short cut but used to have hair past my chest in high school.

Anyone else???

Phoenix Arizona, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  6. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't had a lucid dream in about 4 years. I used to have them all the time though... the "eating before sleeping" theory might be correct since I always used to have junk food before going to sleep.

Ponynugget, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  7. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    how can you stop it? Or not dreaming at all? it is damn annoying

ahkip, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  8. Denvar

Denvar Peon

Best Answers:
    I can trigger it whenever I like using some tricks I learnt. I LOVE lucid dreaming, the flying gets me every time, always feels so scary =D

Also I like to get into fight and control my dream when I am Lucid Dreaming, such as freezing time, rewinding, things like that, except when I do get into Lucid Dreaming I have a mental counterpart always appears (no matter what im dreaming of) who can control my Lucid dreams as well, kind of like my nemesis, some dude in a white outfit (i think the image of him came from GTA : vice City, Lance)

Anyway he always ends up coming into the fights and fighting me for control over the dream, my old Psych teacher had a name for this guy and some pretty 'deep' meanings for it, but I didnt pay much attention =D

Anyway the methods I use to 'trigger' the lucid dream are all based on the idea of aerting yourself to the fact that your dreaming.

1)
    During the day (especially before you go to bed) teach yourself to check the clock twice whenever your checking the time.
    Thus hopefully when your dreaming, you will check the time 'twice', and in dreams the time is NEVER the same when you look at a clock/watch a second time, and this should trigger Lucid Dreaming as you are then aware that your dreaming.

2)
    Read things, (signs, notes anything) twice, thus when your dreaming you will continue this pattern, and like reading the time, any writign you read in a dream is never identical if you look at it again, which will trigger the Lucid Dream.

I read a fre eonline paper somewhere once, that cut out the margon-jargon psych stuff and had some easy steps/guides to triggering lucid dreams, and fun stuff you can train yourself to do in the Lucid dreams (such as the common flying, controling time, simply removing 'characters' you dont want in your dream (which is great if there is a monster/bad guy or anything) and stuff like this)

EVERYONE should give Lucid Dreaming a try, it adds a whole new aspect to your day-to-day experiences :)

Denvar, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  9. Phoenix Arizona

Phoenix Arizona Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting post... and thread.

I've never heard of anyone having "a mental counterpart" to deal with in a lucid dream. Wild.

Phoenix Arizona, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  10. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Ponynugget, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  11. Phoenix Arizona

Phoenix Arizona Peon

Best Answers:
    LMAO!:D

Lucid dreaming is the conscious perception of one's state while dreaming, resulting in a much clearer ("lucid") experience and usually enabling direct control over the content of the dream. The complete experience from start to finish is called a lucid dream. Stephen LaBerge, a popular author and experimenter on the subject, has defined it as "dreaming while knowing that you are dreaming." Wikipedia.org

I couldn't have put it more simply than this statement above "dreaming while knowing that you are dreaming."

12. pcoptimized

pcoptimized Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes I'll be running down a dark sidewalk and when I turn the corner, I'll see this guy with a hat, burnt face, and striped sweater with one hand that has really long sharp blades just sneering at me. So, I try not to sleep anymore. J/K

Seriously though, I never knew there was a phrase coined to this. Just thought I was one of the "gifted" ones. I usually notice my lucidity during scary dreams. Sometimes the dreams will get so bad that I'll find myself controlling them and usually it ends where I'll tell myself it's gone too far, and stop the dream and wake myself up. Pretty weird.

Doesn't happen too much, but enough for me to notice.

pcoptimized, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  13. Phoenix Arizona

Phoenix Arizona Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi "Fellow Zonie"!

Thanks for sharing your experiences! :)

I'm not sure why, but I really do not get nightmares. I hear about them frequently, but really don't get them. Most of my dreams are quite peaceful.

I'm glad to see this thread didn't just fall by the wayside. I like reading about other people's experiences. Keep 'em coming...

Anyone else care to share?

14. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Having a Lucid dream rocks!! I had my first one last night!!! I thought 'I'm dreaming. I think I have what ever that's called. (Couldn't think of the word.) I don't think I wanna wake myself up. I like being conscience and dreaming while knowing I'm dreaming!! It's much funner than real life.'

It was a long dream! Though I don't remember it all. I was in the wilderness around animals and riding them, like lions!!!!

If there was an illegal drug that only made you Lucid dream, I think i would be a drug addict!!! Who needs crack when you can get a high while dreaming!!! :D:D

If I ever have one again, I think I might fly to AnthonyCeas house so he can FINALLY beat me with a stick...then in real life, drive him insane about the dream!!! :D:D

Nintendo, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  15. Mogarth

Mogarth Guest

Best Answers:
    ... Never....

Mogarth, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  16. Phoenix Arizona

Phoenix Arizona Peon

Best Answers:
    A year and almost 3 months since this thread started and "it's alive" again!

Congratulations on your first lucid dream Nintendo. BTW, you don't need a "lucid dream drug" to have them more often. Just a little bit of reading up on the subject and you should be able to have a lot more of them.

Enjoy!

Phoenix Arizona, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  17. Pinup Girl

Pinup Girl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i only had one lucid dream in all my life..was bad. really bad,because i want to wake up but i cant,so its annoying and bother me

Pinup Girl, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  18. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have lucid dreams from time to time. I can remember almost every dream I had but only had the ability to control what happened a few times. Also had a few astral projections but those were just really creepy. I do know how to control my dreams before going to sleep.. if I want to dream about someone or something I usually do :)

Nora, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  19. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I used to have lucid dreams too when I was younger - ofcourse I didnt realize them for what they were back then.

Its a pity I no longer have them - guess too much time in front of the monitor and too little contemplating/thinking about nothing time during the day has cause a dip in me creativity and all that bullshite...

Btw my dreams werent too enjoyable. I'm not afraid of hights, but in my dreams, I would be on a 5 foot hight bench and get afraid of falling from it (5 ft :eek: ). Then I'd remind myself "Get over it pussy, its just a fucken dream(thats how I know they were lucid dreams) - but I couldnt control meself and would always fall of the bench(in the dream), and sometimes fall off the bed in real life and wake up shaking and sweating :eek:

Does that make sense?

anions, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  20. whackomartian

whackomartian Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot but it depends on my state of mind - if it's caught in anxiety then I have some weird dreams in which I see details lucidly. E.g. I recently had a dream in which I asleep in the middle of a jungle and there were two wild animals with green-orangish eyes - their claws on me - they were waiting for me to just open my eyes and I would be then prey. So, I took my "pillows" and hurled them out the window thinking them to be the animals.

whackomartian, Nov 3, 2007 IP