1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

anyone using clickbank and paydotcom.com - your paydotcom.com experiences ?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by GeorgR., Oct 26, 2007.

paydotcom.com looks interesting.
    What are your experiences with them ?

How do you know what products to promote as an affiliate?

How (in general) does paydotcom.com compare to clickbank?

GeorgR., Oct 26, 2007 IP
  2. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    If I am not mistaken, paydotcom.com has the benefit of 2 tier affiliate structure. So anything you sell with them could have a viral effect. It is also by Mike Filsaime so it is likely to be a decent product to use. Also I don't think you need prior approval of sales letter, product, etc. with paydotcom.com. They don't have the google mentality that clickbank does.

jjpmarketing, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  3. qh4dotcom

qh4dotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Paydotcom uses only Paypal....many people don't have Paypal accounts, especially in countries where Paypal doesn't permit its citizens to open Paypal accounts.

Clickbank is more universal and also accepts Paypal

qh4dotcom, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  4. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I say use affiliate dashboard or something similar. Then you don't get robbed by these services taking their cut. Although you do have to send out payment either by paypal, western union, or check on your own.

Clickbank takes 7.5% plus $1.

jjpmarketing, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  5. regimantas

regimantas Peon

Best Answers:
    regimantas, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  6. e30drifter

e30drifter Peon

Best Answers:
    very valid point...but on the other hand...biggest markets are supported by paypal...and that's all you need to cash in...

e30drifter, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  7. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting article. I would still opt for Affiliate Dashboard, because you maintain full control of everything. It is more or less a script you install on your web server. The main thing I don't like about clickbank is that it is way too easy for a customer to get a refund. It is very badly abused by buyers.

jjpmarketing, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  8. nicuz

nicuz Peon

Best Answers:
    My product was rejected by clickbank 4 times and they did not tell me why. I tried contacting them to no avail. They SUCK. I don't really care if they offer more exposure or if they provide other payment methods. If they don't bother answering my emails I won't bother with them. So I switched over to paydotcom.

nicuz, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  9. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    I too agree with that. But it is just an issue of commonsense. One should not behave like that.

markov, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  10. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally don't do that, but I know a lot of people do. I certainly don't want to give my products away, besides the high refund rate makes your product look bad. I would use clickbank to sell a cheap ebook to advertise the main product be it a membership site, physical product, or whatever. That way the refunds won't affect my bottom line. I believe the product owner should have full rights to allow/deny a refund. That way for people that are just trying to get a free product you can deny the refund... and for people that are seriously unhappy about the product you can allow the refund. Besides 60 days? :rolleyes: Ok. Let me give you time to read my entire ebook and then ask for your money back. :rolleyes: So you basically get my product for free.

jjpmarketing, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  11. psychocandy

psychocandy Peon

Best Answers:
    psychocandy, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  12. zorus

zorus Peon

Best Answers:
    I think PaydotCom is more universal than clickbank, because paypal accept so much countries that click bank doesn't when you want to sell your own product,

zorus, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  13. JacobT

JacobT Peon

Best Answers:
    Paydotcom will be more interesting once they work out all the bugs. I went into the pets category and did a search for "dog" and the first results it gave me were for cats and birds. I then did a search for "cat" and the majority of the results that came back were for dogs and fish. The way I see it is if the programming running the site can't handle a simple search it makes me wonder how well it handles the rest of its tasks.

Jacob Treant

JacobT, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  14. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been with them for two months now but hasn't really push their products. I see that they have their own referral program for their own.

Chancey, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  15. bradbanks

bradbanks Guest

Best Answers:
    great luck with clickbank. only joined paydotcom because of one product, haven't sold any though.

bradbanks, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  16. greenrob

greenrob Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to automate your selling at paydotcom, but do not want to spend the big buck on dl guard etc, there is an alternative

you should check out www.paydotcomguard.com. The reason it is cheaper is not because it is not good compare to other system out there.

It is because it was built to support paydotcom only. And that's the reason we are pricing it at 19.95 only.

You could test drive the system here http://www.paydotcomguard.com/index.php?page=testdrive

Thanks
    Rob

greenrob, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  17. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    i think clickbank works best

hornetss, May 7, 2008 IP
  18. Ajdub18

Ajdub18 Peon

Best Answers:
    I stumbled across this review of ClickBank, PayDotCom, and Click2Sell that was pretty good. www.reviewsbyandy.com

It might help out a little.

Ajdub18, Jun 3, 2009 IP