1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ripped $10,000 from Adsense account

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Gabriel, Dec 9, 2005.

1. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    This is why it is always important to make your sites with as much different content as possible. If you take a template and add other features for example: web tools, free downloads etc then you are showing that your site is about more then just the content placed on the pages. You are also benefited by displaying banner ads and other information on the pages. If you do this you will have no issues with them. It is always important to not have your site rely or even look like it is relying on the adsense program.

I do think they should contact you and let the person know that their site is in possible violation of their TOS, but as a company grows they sometimes forget about what made them what they are. They should however follow their rules if there is a direct violation of these rules by anyone. They should at minimum respond to email attempts to find out why the account has been suspended or terminated.

Kevin

TheNetCode, Dec 16, 2005 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All pages must be accessible to media bot. So I guess if they are hidden then they are not accessible. The easiest way is to contact Adsense directly. They will not ban you for asking for clarification ona n issue.

Old Welsh Guy, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  3. Crazy_Zap

Crazy_Zap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GuyFromChicago,

Are you just putting me on now? Please tell me that you didn't really miss the points in my post! On the outside chance that you're really NOT joking about missing the points, I'll boil them down a little further...

1. You can't judge a book by it's cover. Just because Google suspended someone's account, it does not necessarily mean that they were doing something wrong. Google is not perfect.

2. "99.99%" is indeed a figure of speech and it sends the rest of us a very strong statement about you. By your calculations (even approximately), you leave very little room for things like point of view, opinion, circumstances, etc.

3. The number of posts a person has made has no relevance to their post. It doesn't matter one bit if someone has only a single post to their credit here. They got here after you. That's all it means. Nothing more. To assert otherwise is only an attempt to diminish them, which really only diminishes you. (And by "you" I am not speaking specifically about you, GuyFromChicago. It is "you" in the general sense, anyone reading this post)

There are countless stories of people getting booted from adsense. I can agree with you that most of them probably deserved it to varying degrees. A person clicking on their own ads, for example, would deserve the boot more than the starter of this thread IMHO. I can not agree with you that the number who deserved it is anywhere near 99.99%. It may be a figure of speech, but it makes a much different statement than saying that most deserved it. Most could be 50% + 1. I personally think that the real number (if there is one) is between 50% +1 and 99.99%. However, that still leaves the rest hanging in the balance. There are countless posts about this for a reason and I find it hard to believe that 99.99% of the posters deserved getting booted. That thinking doesn't take into account the people who didn't read the TOS thoroughly, accidents or mistakes (we all make them, including Google) or even sabotage. Someone with the wrong frame of mind could sabotage someone else's adsense participation if they had the know how. Again, that is because Google is not perfect. 99.99% sure makes it look as though you are not taking these other factors into account.

Crazy_Zap, Dec 16, 2005 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    1- yes, we can, since there have been loads of banned people coming here and whining, plus the ones that go cry at other forums. Once you read so many threads you notice the same patterns that just show they are full of BS.

2- I agree with that figure.

3- Yes it does. It shows that they never cared to join a forum about webmasters, never bothered to investigate about this business, because Adsense is a business, it is not a game.... doesn't happen just here, same thing happens at other forums like WMW. Always baned people with a couple of posts are the ones crying. Respected senior members never seem to have any problems, and when they do, they are always the ones that get their accounts back.

I agree 100% with guyfromchicago

fryman, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  5. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with you also on this. It does seem to be that the ones that are complaining are the ones that are new.

TheNetCode, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  6. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    No company or person is pefect. I give trusted (imo) companies and people the benefit of the doubt until I have good reason not too. Do I trust Google more than random banned person of the day who just showed up to "reveal the truth"? Yes, yes I do. Google has more data about an individuals Adsense account than anyone else. They are in the best position to analyze data and patterns to determine who's playing fair and who's gaming the system.

There are steps to take to get a closed account reinstated - ranting and raving in a forum is not one of them. Ranting and raving is what you do when you know you don't have a leg to stand on cause' you've been nailed.

Replace 99.99 with "most" if it makes you feel better. It's figure of speach - stop reading so deep into it. Most people who get kicked deserve it.

You referenced post count in your post - I never said anything about it except in reply to your comment. Anyway, I never said nor do I think post count in any way shape or form has any influence on anything. I'm not even sure why you brought it up.

Wow. like I said, figure of speach. 99.99 = most/majority/just about all/more so than not.

Ignornace of the TOS or "mistakes" by the way are not a valid defense.

I could probably count on one hand the number of threads I've read here (or elsewhere) where I thought (due to actual eveidence provided or knowing the person who got banned) there may have been a mistake made and an account was terminated wrongfully. Funny thing is those accounts ended up being reinstated.

Offline, one of my good friends got his account got shut down and I know for a fact he wasn't doing anything outside of the TOS. Google figured it too - he was back in business in less than a week.

Treat Adsense like legitimate business and conduct your activities with a high level of ethics and you have nothing to worry about.

GuyFromChicago, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  7. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    Look, if you truly believe 100% that you are innocent, not 99%. Then you should review their ToS, and then if you're still sure, and you have a big loss not a 100$ loss but thousands... Then you should get a lawyer to review the agreements and perhaps build a case, if they have not responded etc... Because that's really not right for a big company to make silly mistakes like that. (But might be hard since google probably has a billion lawyers :O)

Fryman, if you don't like the post, and you think it's a "pattern" then don't reply to it, and keep the post alive. Fact is these posts help people. If they are guilty or not, regardless it's a story about a person who supposedly got ripped off and how they deal with the problem. But it is HELPFUL, since some users will not do the same mistakes by reading these posts.

But if you don't like them, then STOP WHINING about how they WHINE! Because you're crying too except you're worse.

I agree with ccole, google is not perfect. However, how hard is it to just use their scripts to EDIT OUT self-clicks and repetitive-clicks like chikita, RATHER than banning people who might possibly be innocent. That's like executing everyone that you think is guilty.

Post count is irrelevant, because i'm sorry if fryman doesn't have a job and no life and has time to be a forum troll. But some people have jobs and probably came later on. Maybe you're a spammer? (like you're doing right now).

"most people who get kicked deserve it" -- that's an ignorant statement, i'm ashamed there are still dumb people in this world. You can't possibly know that, you're not google ok? Stop making useless arguements and STOP flaming people. Show some respect.

Conclusion: Keep emailing them, if worst comes to worst, get your lawyer to call them i'm sure they will be nicer to him/her. End this stupid waste of 11 pages of posts and move on. And learn from others mistakes... AND STOP flaming people just because you don't like their post.

execute, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  8. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

You apparently haven't read the "Ive been banned for no reason" threads here at DP.

I highly recommend it----it's entertainment if nothing else. :D

Crazy_Rob, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  9. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    That might be the threads here, but doesn't mean everyone is. I'm talking EVERYONE. I've had friends banned because their competition repetitiously clicked on their ads

execute, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  10. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

We're talking "most". :)

Crazy_Rob, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  11. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I hereby swear I will never use a percentage as a figure of speach at DP again.

I've never seen someone flame someone else while at the same time telling them not to flame others:)

GuyFromChicago, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  12. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    hahaha im good at that :)

execute, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  13. Jade456

Jade456 Peon

Best Answers:
    Did they get their account status restored though? Or were they told to take their business elsewhere. Earlier someone mentioned the MSN and Yahoo wanna be ads that will soon be appearing. You know they are going to get flooded with people kicked from google for abuse. I can see rants about them kicking people in the next year for the same thing! I'm willing to bet Adwords is going to look pretty good after MSN & Yahoo enter the ring. IHMO

Jade456, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  14. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Go read the TOS, they say that they can cancel your participation in the program whenever they feel it is necessary to protect the advertisers. As soon as you place the adsense code on your page you haver accepted that.

Trying to act like a tough guy and seeking legal advice will just make the googleguys laugh at you.

fryman, Dec 16, 2005 IP
    GuyFromChicago likes this.
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I am not really disagreeing with you fryman, but it should be noted that if the Google AdSense ToS is not in compliance with the law, then the law takes precedence and the offending section of the Google ToS is irrelevant.

The ToS is not the final word.

Will.Spencer, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  16. Crazy_Zap

Crazy_Zap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Quite right! Anyone who's read enough TOS's around the internet knows that "most" TOS's are bloody ridiculous. I would venture to say that if the Google TOS stated that participants had to give up their first born, they would still have thousands of applicants. That doesn't mean they could follow through.

The other point that I think has gotten lost along the way in these 12 pages is that it isn't just some users here that think Google is GOD and can do no wrong. Google themselves apparently think so. We don't put up with that kind of crap from other Companies (Microsoft), so why should Google be any different? Google needs to implement some kind of warning system to at least warn people that they are about to be cut off and tell them why. Well meaning folks will fix what's wrong and be better for the experience. The standard form letter Google sends out now is just bad PR.

Crazy_Zap, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  17. Cutter

Cutter Peon

Best Answers:
    I've heard of plenty of people being warned for non compliance. If you are sending fraudulant traffic to Google then there is no reason for them to warn you.

Take a look at it this way. There are three things that can happen here. One, Google can cut you from the program. Two, they can sue you for fraud -- which they have done before (look up Auction Experts International.) Third, you can sue them from wrongfully terminating you -- with no guarantee of even recovering legal fees in the end. And yes, Google has been sued over this issue too -- by Adwords users (see Click Defense.)

Quite honestly, I think Google is doing a pretty damn good job at this right now. May be they aren't doing a very good "public relations" job at this but I think there is a good reason. Being transparent about it means scammers have a better understanding of how the system works and how to beat it.

Cutter, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  18. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd have to disagree with this one in terms of the total loss of $15,000.

For $15,000 I would definitely have a lawyer and they would definitely have a lawsuit to fight. I would drive down there and deliver it personally...they are only a few hours away :)

AfterHim.com, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  19. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    Will still cost them money, and they might just settle with you since they dont wanna pay a 100 lawyers (i know they have their lawyer team), which would probably cost more.

Just contact bill gates he'll fund you to take google down. (lol)

"Go read the TOS, they say that they can cancel your participation in the program whenever they feel it is necessary to protect the advertisers. As soon as you place the adsense code on your page you haver accepted that."
    Fryman this is america, i dunno what country you live in, but people have sued for a coffee spill on their legs. And won millions over "emotional-distress".

I like google, but i hate it when innocent people get crushed, even if they made a simple mistake or so.

execute, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  20. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally ineffective. What happens if they are ignored is these people are allowed to spread their lies as gospel. What that fosters is an unhealthy and unrealistic level of fear and paranoia and it spreads to all the posts in the adsense forums. It is highly annoying for the regular users of the forums. So some people feel necessary to make sure these LIARS are not allowed to spread their malicious noise without being confronted. What happens in more cases than not is that actual proof and evidence is provided to prove the person was actually violating the TOS. It is actually absurd how often it happens. I know some of you find it hard to believe.. but it happens time and time again. Yet with few exceptions has anyone been proven innocent or in the right.

aeiouy, Dec 16, 2005 IP