1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are your thoughts on Islam?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by proteindude, Oct 29, 2007.

1. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    homeloans1, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  2. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great idea I agree but those arabs at the time, were they Muslims also? Cause you know you find Muslims (non Arabs) even in Indonesia, Africa, some islands (Maldives I believe).

proteindude, Oct 31, 2007 IP
    debunked likes this.
  3. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Not me I hated math in school...just kidding, it was a great contributionI

sb1234, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  4. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    He misguides those who do not have sincerity and turn away blindly following something just because their forefathers did, or those who let arrogance and pride get in the way.

Btw, it seems you only recently found out babies go to hell in christianity.......

In Islam, all children/babies who die before age of maturity regardless of the religion of their parents go to paradise.

The prophet peace be upon him, preformed COUNTLESS miracles, stop lying, we have many today in the Qur'an even!!!

here is just 1, a scientific miracle for you

The Qur'an, 2:29
    The Seven "Heavens" refers to the layers of our atmosphere:
    troposphere
    stratosphere
    ozone layer
    mesosphere
    thermosphere
    ionosphere
    exosphere

[​IMG]

The Qur'an, 41:12
    For example, the ozone layer as you may know protects us from the sun rays by catalyzing reactions.

(Carolyn Sheets, Robert Gardner, Samuel F. Howe; General Science, Allyn and Bacon Inc. Newton, Massachusetts, 1985, s. 319-322)

This was revealed 1400 years ago, when the sky was believed to be a single body.

Aceday, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  5. proteindude

Best Answers:
    What a bunch of nonsense. First he misguides, and then he only misguides those who are insincere because they are not muslims in the first place and therefore cannot be insencere.

WOW. Mohammed performed so many miracles? That is news to me. I am not talking about "revelations" but miracles. A miracles such as healing someone, bringing the dead to life, you know, thse sorts of miracles. So start naming these miracles.

6. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    No, stop twisting my words, he misguides those who are insincere in seeking the truth.

------------

Apart from the greatest miracle given to him, the Quran, Prophet Muhammad performed many physical miracles witnessed by his contemporaries numbering in hundreds, and in some cases thousands!

1. When the unbelievers in Mecca asked the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), to show them a miracle, he showed them the splitting of the moon.

2. Another miracle was the flowing of water through Muhammad’s fingers when his companions got thirsty and had no water except a little in a vessel. They came to him and told him that they had no water to make ablution nor to drink except for what was in the vessel. So, Muhammad put his hand in the vessel, and the water started gushing out between his fingers. So, they drank and made ablution. They were one thousand five hundred companions.

3. In Medina Muhammad used to deliver sermons leaning on a tree stump. When the number of worshippers increased, someone suggested a pulpit be built so he can use it to deliver the sermon. When the pulpit was built, he abandoned the tree trunk. Abdullah ibn Umar, one of the companions, gave an eye-witness testimony of what happened. The trunk was heard weeping, the Prophet of Mercy went towards it and comforted it with his hand.

4. Blessing of Food -On more than one occasion, the Prophet blessed food by either praying or touching it so all present could get their fill. This happened at times when food and water shortage afflicted Muslims. These miracles took place in the presence of a large number of people and is, thus, not possible to deny.

5. Healing the Sick - A companion broke his leg and Muhammad healed it by wiping his hand over it. He said it was as if nothing had happened to it! The person who witnessed the miracle was another companion, Bara’ ibn Azib.

and many many more!

Aceday, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't even think that a person named Jesus that supposedly did this miracles existed, let alone that he did any of these miracles. There is no historical proof for his existence. :)

gworld, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This kind of nonsense is the reason that the other guys own you and your friends on every turn. If they could drop a bomb on a dime, there is no bomb which is as big as a dime or only destroys an area the size of a dime. If you drop a bomb in a civilian area, you have no control over who that bomb kills and since it is shown that innocent civilians including children has been killed then according to your previous posts, American pilots can not be Christians since according to you Christians don't kill innocents.

The second part gets even more stupid, Christians don't kill innocents but they can kill innocents by mistake and it is a shame but they are still good Christians. How can you drop a bomb on a city by mistake? But you have an answer, the government told them to do it and Christians should obey earthly law even if it means the killing of innocents. Do you think that may be the SS officers were also good Christians following the earthly law and their government? :rolleyes:

gworld, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  9. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, it was fun reading all this.

First of all, the people who say "Muslims didn't help Jews/others in the holocaust" really need to study history. Otherwise you WILL be labeled a bigot.
    Read this link for more info.

proteindude, you have a serious issue here. Stop acting like a 5 year old...asking for a verse. This is not church where the priest will say a line and the crowd will be in awe! Seriously, your question has been answered several times by Ace. Islam is the same religion from the time of Adam (pbuh). Islam is the same religion followed by Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad and all the prophets that came before Muhammad. (peace be upon them) Islam is the final message to the world from God. God has promised it will not be corrupted like other messages of the past! The Quran has been memorized from cover to cover by thousands for the past 1400 years! Not even a letter has been changed. That's the miracle!!!

M5love, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  10. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I didn't ask you if you believe in him or whether he existed or whatever. I simply asked you this: "since you are unbiased on this subject (or so you claim), tell me something: you have two prophets. One prophet from one religion performed countless miracles while the other prophet never performed any miracles. Which of these two prophets would you say is the greater one?"

I didn't give any names and you immediately assumed something. I am just simply asking a question which you can answer with a simple. So let me make it easy for you to answer. the greater one would be:

a) the one that performed more miracles

b) the one that performed no miracles

Is your answer a or b?

11. proteindude

Best Answers:
    Why can't I ask for a verse? What better way to learn than from a follower himself? If I read the Quran I can't understand it because I can't speak arabic let alone read it. And I must say asking for a verse should be a simple thing.

Also you failed to give me the name of a "righteous Gentile" who was in fact a Muslim.

And what Ace gace me was 5 miracles supposedly performed by Mohammed but no reference to them in the Quran so I don't know where he got them from. But 5 miracles versus countless miracles.....Hmmmm. Let's see your logic now: which of the two would you say is the greater or greatest?

12. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Give it up.

A true religious man such as you claim to be would not act the way you do.

Enough said.

GRIM, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  13. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed.

preteindude, you've got issues. You say you don't have knowledge and yet you claim Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) never performed any miracles. He did perform miracles but that's not why we believe in God, it is our FAITH. It's like the story of Moses (PBUH) when the Jews asked him to ask God to show them a miracle, God did, and still the Jews didn't believe due to their arrogance. proteindude, your showing your true self by displaying such arrogance.

M5love, Oct 31, 2007 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    yeah, yeah, yeah. Call me arrogant. When you can't come up with reasons to my valid question: Why would someone consider Mohammed a greater prophet than Jesus who gave us many wonderful quotes and did a lot more miracles than Mohammed. THEN you start calling me arrogant. Great argument

And Grim: how do you know what a religious dude should do? Last I heard you don't go to church much.

15. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We Muslims don't put anyone above anyone else. On the day of Judgement everyone from Adam to the last human will stand infront of God. This ridiculous argument of who's better than who is just childish. This is why you Christians have gone astray, wasting time bickering. Just look outside, adultery is committed every hour, rape, homosexuality, ..etc all these sins in a country where majority is Christian.

M5love, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  16. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    correction majority is professing Christians. The amount of true christians is much smaller

sb1234, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  17. proteindude

Best Answers:
    Cut the crap and start giving some straight answers. I suppose all the countries are the same to you also. All countries are on the same level and that is why your parents left a Muslim nation to come to a presumably Christian one.

So all the prophets are the same? And there is no difference between the jesus you claim to believe in and the Jesus of the Bible? You know the one that DIED according to Scripture and ROSE again from the dead?

18. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol, you love to put words in my mouth don't you? I never claimed that everything mentioned in the Bible is correct. There have been additions and modifications to it. Jesus of the bible never claimed to be God like you guys claim. Jesus didn't DIE! God put another man that looked like Jesus on the cross. Jesus rose to the heavens without dying!

M5love, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  19. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    proteindude, here's a lesson for you.. compare these Christian nations to Muslim nations, you will see which one holds high morals.

M5love, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  20. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I guess Saudi Arabia would be one: no churches at all and no female drivers. And of course women can't compete in sports. You got me again.