1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Confine Sitewide links to homepage only?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Boris_Badenoff, Oct 31, 2007.

I have a celebrity blog with sitewide blogroll/links. They are good links that have been exchanged with similar celeb sites with equal or better PR. I am concerned I am going to get penalized by Google and wanted to get a few opinions about whether it would be smarter to confine the blogroll list to the homepage only?

Thanks!

Boris_Badenoff, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  2. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wasn't aware that having the "blogroll" appear only on the home page was an option.

kentuckyslone, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  3. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    The home page is usualy the highest ranking page. If your going to put links on another page to not loose as much pr make new section or add to second page.

rcj662, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  4. Boris_Badenoff

Boris_Badenoff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Kentuckyslone,

You can control/confine the Blogroll via Conditional Tags « WordPress Codex such as if is_home():
    I haven't messed with it yet because I want to make sure it's the right thing to do for my site.

Boris_Badenoff, Oct 31, 2007 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.