1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

rules and stumbles.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by samantha pia, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Below are 4 stumble requests, and stumbleupon.com has banned DP from being stumbled this week. so someone is taking notice of what happens here.
    take the 1st one. they have 10 links to be stumbled. and that is common on the stumble thread, whats even more sad is threads like this one HERE not only are people posting 3-10 links, but the guy is quoting the persons post and the links are repeated. giving upto 20 links to the one post that should have 4 links in a sig. so 4 links max in a post if the stumbles stay

this makes DP look like a link farm

you get 4 links in your sig, when you get banned, you loose your sig links, but dont worry, the 500 stumble threads that you posted the same 10 links in each and every one of them, will stay no matter if your banned or not.

DP Rules

Don't spam the forum with things like:

* Affiliate links (they are allowed in signatures though)

* Nothing but a link to your own site (you can request a site review within the Website Reviews forum).

GET RID OF THE STUMBLES AND OTHER CRAP, BEFORE GOOGLE DROPS DP FOR BEING A LINK FARM.

DO IT NOW BEFORE IT'S TO LATE, AND DELETE ALL THE STUMBLE THREADS. THEY DO NOTHING FOR DP BUT MAKE DP LOOK BAD.

give me mod rights for a week in the freebie forum and i'll soon have it cleared of all the social bookmark threads. digg is different, thats usually 1-2 links

samantha pia, Oct 30, 2007 IP
    Felu and arpitagarwal82 like this.
  2. Kel

Kel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree!

Maybe then we will be able to find some decent freebies in the freebie section without having to sift through the crap!

Kel, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  3. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it's not about the number of threads, it's about DP looking nothing more than a link farm. now that stumble has banned DP from being stumbled, it means DP is being noticed, and noticed by the big boys for being nothing more than a link farm.

samantha pia, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  4. Felu

Felu Peon

Best Answers:
    This has been discussed and suggested many times but this is always ignored. The staff here doesn't care about it. I doubt this would be done, though it should be. In my opinion, digg/stumble/any other social bookmarking exchange should be banned, but it won't be done because the staff doesn't give a damn about it.

Felu, Oct 30, 2007 IP
    samantha pia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.