1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ripped $10,000 from Adsense account

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Gabriel, Dec 9, 2005.

1. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't help much - A lot of TOS violations and account cancellations happen due to things you can't see on the site(s) in question. Click fraud rings are a perfect example.

GuyFromChicago, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, so what's the rest of the story we're not being told? This is just too fishy to take at face value.

mopacfan, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  3. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    We'll never be told the rest of the story. The people who got kicked from the program violated the TOS (99.99 times out of 100) and they are here to try to stir up some bad PR for the company that nailed them.

If you were bringing in big Adsense $ and got kicked would you come running to a forum you had never posted in and start telling everyone your story? What could anyone hope to accomplish by doing that?

If it looks like bullshit and smells like bullshit it's most likely bullshit.

GuyFromChicago, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  4. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As an SEO, I can asure you that they will have cleaned the site up before showing it. I get it all the time. A potential client will contact me and say they have been banned or whatever. I ask them what they have done, and they say 'nothing'. I ask them if they have changed the site since the ban, they always say 'NO'. I check the cache and lo and behold it is more spammy than a spamm meeting on spam sunday hosted at spam towers.

Old Welsh Guy, Dec 15, 2005 IP
    aeiouy likes this.
  5. Jesse Abram

Jesse Abram Peon

Best Answers:
    Spam Towers :D
    Hahaha

Jesse Abram, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  6. Crazy_Zap

Crazy_Zap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Short and sweet, here's the pertinent information...

1) All those who have been banned by Google for reasons that they deserve, you deserved it, so bugger off and shut the hell up!

2) All those who have been banned by Google for reasons that they did not deserve, you have a legitimate beef.

3) All those who are naive enough to think that everyone who is banned from Google belongs to the group of people in my first point, I can only imagine how lonely your existence must be if you are THAT pessimistic. Do you really believe that Google is infallible? Honestly?!?!?!?

4) Google needs to do a better job in dealing with people they suspect are violating the TOS. I would add that the act of assuming guilt without allowing a defense is un-American, but it actually is becoming more American these days with the FCC antics and the goings-on at Guantanamo.

5) With more and more idiots who claim that 99.99% of those banned from Google deserved it without a single fact to back their statements up, it's no wonder Google is acting the way that it is. Everyone needs to be watched, and that includes Google.

Someone here said that if it looks like bullshit and smells like bullshit, then it is bullshit. That line of thought might be good enough to get them through life. They're probably thinking that they are very intelligent. That's nice for them. However, I've learned from experience that things are not always what they seem and you should be pretty damned sure that you're looking at bullshit before declaring it so. Otherwise, you only make yourself look like a fool. (And if you look like a fool.... you know the rest.) :)

By the way, what the hell does it matter how many posts a person has? Does the number of posts a person has validate their intellect? Can you really judge a person by how many posts they have?!?!?! (I guess you learn something new everyday!) :)

Crazy_Zap, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  7. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    i somehow agree with ccole1968 because posts doesn't mean anything. And i guess if a forum regular with 2k+ post, lots of greens rep, will also create a new account and ask the same question if he or she got banned. Because he or she won't want people know bout the banning.

So, judging a person by it's post is stupid.

keikor, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  8. 313i

313i hummmmmm. No clue

Best Answers:
    ya know, If I had 5 grand to spend on adwords I sure wouldn't be screaming about a problem like this on a forum, I would have my ass on a plane strait to google!

313i, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  9. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Has anyone seen my flag?

Crazy_Rob, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  10. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Nevermind.....I found it.

[​IMG]

Crazy_Rob, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  11. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    lol, that reminds me of the line in Happy Gilmore where the golf pro guys tells Adam Sandler that he "eats pieces of shit like you for breakfast". Adam responds laughing, "you eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"

:)

ccole1968 - was there really a point to your post besides insulting me? If you want to discuss the issue(s) like adults I'm all for it. If you want to toss around insults and go off on unrelated issues (where did number of posts enter the conversation?) then I'll pass.

"99.99" is a figure of speach, of course I can't prove that's the actual figure.

GuyFromChicago, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  12. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To the people mentioning 1 post users "coming out of the woodwork".

Take into consideration that most large forums have lurkers. It just takes a subject popping up that they feel strongly about to get them to post their first post. If I'd lost $2500, $250, or even $25 to something like this especially after I sepnt thousands on Adwords this would be a sore subject for me too and would make me feel like registering at a forum where there already is a thread to voice my disgust as well.

No matter what you say about them, I'm sure getting it off their chest helps. If it bothers you so much you need to give them negative rep for it, well, maybe you should have a look yourself. Are you having a bad day? Feeling, tired, hornery, synical?

If you really believe every single person that gets booted from Adsense is a cheater and Google makes no mistakes, then please by all means by this Google stock from me at triple it's current value :)

GeorgeB., Dec 16, 2005 IP
  13. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I'm sure people do get screwed by Google.....just like with any other company.

I just don't believe these two posters. ;)

Crazy_Rob, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  14. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Nothing to do with being a lurker. What really happens is that they get caught and kicked out of the Adsense program, so they run to a search engine and look for something like "adsense banned me"... and voila, they arrive here to claim their innocence and let the world know how bad google is to pure innocent people that do charity work and read stories to the blind kids at the hospital...

fryman, Dec 16, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  15. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Ive asked that hundreds of times here... and yet we keep getting these threads over and over and over...

fryman, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  16. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't get the mentality myself. If I got kicked out of a program like adsense, the last thing I would be focused on is running to a forum and crying about it.

I have NEVER seen anyone get reinstated to google because of a post made on a forum. So I would be trying to get in touch with google, double checking my site, going over my logs and working on alternative means of monetizing my site.

Since adsense would no longer be working, those things would take a significant chunk of time in the short-term and should leave little time for crying on public forums.

Maybe that is just me though.

As for it just being lurkers, again, kind of a weird thing to come out of the woodwork on.

Most of the people who come here and complain about getting banned did not take adsense seriously to begin with, and do not take getting let back in serious, nor do they take any aspect of running their website serious.

It is a game for a lot of people. A passing hobby to kill the time until the next silver surfer comic comes out.

It is clear from how they post and what they post.

This particular thread is different because he was very serious. He even turned his son over to or followed his own son over to the dark side. The rest of it still goes... Perhaps he took a calculated risk, but then he lost. There is nothing to feel sorry for him about his position, he knew what he was doing wrong and that he could get caught. He got caught. Who cares.

aeiouy, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  17. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, you know what "really" happens?

How's that? Or did you mean.. "What I think really happens..."

I think both of our theories probably have some merit and are actually true in different cases.

18. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, just like what they're doing is just them. :)
    To you. But to someone who it just happened to that's feeling emotional it might not be. I've done plenty of things I wouldn't normally do when I'm pissed. You?

Instructions:
    - Go back and read the first post (easpecially the $15,000 part)
    - Then read this again.

I agree, if they get caught doing something wrong.

19. dsm56

dsm56 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just before I get banned...could some clarify for me, are you allowed to put adsense on pages hidden behind a login page?

I remember reading something like this but I could find it in the TOS.

Is it allowed??

Pete

dsm56, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  20. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Just checked the TOS and I couldn't find anything about that...

https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms

I've been here way longer than you have. I have read hundreds of these Adsense banned me threads... do you know what a pattern is? ...

fryman, Dec 16, 2005 IP