1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it smart to post PR?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by templates, Oct 29, 2007.

1. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Now i understand what is being pointed out, no what i was replying to is:

Bernard said Google is on a witch hunt to penalize paid links and people selling PR

And im saying well if a directory/site/blog had no PR, then how can it be penalised for that reason?

An example one of my own having no pr, being new, so it cant fall into the bin for the PR thing.

pipes, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I see what your pointing out too Malcolm at the moment.

pipes, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  3. cyclotron

cyclotron Active Member

Best Answers:
    Posting your PR should be no problem. It's public information anyway, Google even has the PR showing in their own toolbar.

cyclotron, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  4. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I'm pointing out is that anyone who owns a paid directory and that is "flaunting" their PR score, is putting a big red target on their back that says "I'm selling PR".

If you aren't selling PR, why the need to obsess over it endlessly? Why the need to advertise it?

What are you guys going to do when Google removes the green bar from the toolbar altogether? There are other metrics for determining a directory's value. Please see the three topics I mentioned earlier for just a few ideas in that direction.

Bernard, Oct 30, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    While i cant speak for the other guys here, im aware and have already seen a number of guys here beginning to forget about PR, not completely but like anything, it takes a while to leave something in the past, eventually many of them wont mention it in the near future so they prob wont give too much attention when google eventually does call it a day for obvious PR.

I think a lot of people are already doing the positive things that your suggesting they should do, you have to remember that things take a while to change.

I think many here do not bad at all at adapting, when in all honesty they dont have many hard facts to help them and just do their best to make a positive change.

Because search engines are so often secretive, well at least not always helpfully open with assisting, or late in coming to the party with the laymans terms, it means that the webmaster can only guess or go on what they hear.

If a search engine cant clear up some of the rumours for the many confused then it doesn't help the webmaster at all.

pipes, Oct 30, 2007 IP
    Bernard likes this.
  6. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Be real folks, if you mention your site and PR in the same sentence why would anyone care other then to get juice from you. Saying anything different is simply disingenuous.

Personally, I hope G does away with PR. They've created a big monster through a system that arbitrarily ranks a site's value. That PR1 site may be much more informative and useful than a PR7 site that simply has more money to chase PR and SEO. The PR1 site may be run by a hobbiest who doesn't know SEO from CEO and why should it truly matter in the first place when it comes to quality?

YMC, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  7. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not everyone is looking for PR. So in turn, you too need take heed to your own advice.

an0n, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  8. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    YMC pulling no punches. :eek: That's what I was trying to convey (without ruffling feathers as it were).

Bernard, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  9. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If posting your directory business, mentioning its PR for an advertising tool to be penalized, the Google employees must earn lot of money because they would have to spend time to read those posts and investigate each directory.

I don't think that's what's going on on a regular basis.

coolsitez, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  10. jetbrains

jetbrains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so because google only penalized few high PR directories.

jetbrains, Oct 31, 2007 IP