1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are your thoughts on Islam?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by proteindude, Oct 29, 2007.

Just wondering, since I am not exactly the biggest fan of Islam, maybe someone can change my perception.

I am inclined to see Islam as not exactly a positive influence in our world. But then again, it could be because of my ignorance. Or maybe it could be because of my sense of self preservation.

Either way, I fail to see what positive influences Islam brings to the rest of the world.

There could be some sincere muslim dudes that believe Islam is some great influence, but sincerity and facts could sometime be tow different things.

proteindude, Oct 29, 2007 IP
    d16man likes this.
  2. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There was a time when Europeans went to Islamic universities to study mathematics, science, philosophy and other subjects. It was the Islamic teaching of "gain knowledge" that lead Muslims to translate and build upon Greek and other works. Which leads to the Renaissance. :)

M5love, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  3. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So in terms of day to day life something like social life what are the contributions? Because I fail to see that. As I understand the muslim dudes use a lot of quotes from the Bible and even the atheists do that: "The golden rule", they say Christians should not judge other people, the atheists know most of the 10 commandments, etc. But I have YET to hear of an islamic quotation that is doing the rounds around the world. You know...something that I can teach my kid at home.

4. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    You have little understanding of islam and even littler knowledge of your own religioun.

You make it sound like Christianity is perfect and all about love and tolernece and islam is just barbaric and evil.

Deuteronomy 17:3-5
    Leviticus 20:27
    Numbers 31:17
    (From the NIV Bible, Exodus 21:7-8)
    The father even has the right to sell his daughter as a servant (slave girl) to other men in the bible:

Deuteronomy 20:13-14
    Hosea 13:16 (New Living Translation)

Aceday, Oct 29, 2007 IP
    d16man likes this.
  5. proteindude

Best Answers:
    You must understand one thing. Christians are not under the Jewish LAw. Christians follow the New Testament. The word NEW means NOT OLD. That is why Christian thinking is based on the teachings of Jesus. If you want to quaote the "bad" bits of the Bible try and use the New Testament. For example the Christians never do animal sacrifices because they follow the NEW Testament.

6. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    It's just another religion and like all other religions, it's full with goods and bads..

The Webmaster, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  7. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :eek: Day to day contributions? There are thousands of Muslim physicians, teachers, lawyers, engineers...etc

as for the 10 commandments, tell me if the following sound familiar?

"Follow what thou art taught by inspiration from thy Lord: there is no god but He: and turn aside from those who join gods with God. (The Noble Quran, 6:106)"

"Revile not ye those whom they call upon besides God, lest they out of spite revile God in their ignorance. Thus have We made alluring to each people its own doings. In the end will they return to their Lord, and We shall then tell them the truth of all that they did. (The Noble Quran, 6:108)"

Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour. And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: "My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood." (The Noble Quran, 17:23-24)"

"On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land. (The Noble Quran, 5:32)"

"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:61)"

"Nor come nigh to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil, opening the road (to other evils). (The Noble Quran, 17:32)"

"As to the thief, Male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example, from God, for their crime: and God is Exalted in power. But if the thief repents after his crime, and amends his conduct, God turneth to him in forgiveness; for God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (The Noble Quran, 5:38-39)"

"And cover not Truth with falsehood, nor conceal the Truth when ye know (what it is). (The Noble Quran, 2:42)"

"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And God is well acquainted with all that they do. (The Noble Quran, 24:30)"

"And there are, certainly, among the People of the Book [Jews and Christians], those who believe in God, in the revelation to you, and in the revelation to them, bowing in humility to God: They will not sell the Signs of God for a miserable gain! For them is a reward with their Lord, and God is swift in account. (The Noble Quran, 3:199)"

M5love, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  8. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I am not disputing there are many Muslim physicians and so on (many who go to the West for education).

I am looking for a simple quote, a NEW teaching from the Koran that I can take home to my kid and teach him. NEW means something that isn't in the Bible.

9. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Follow what thou art taught by inspiration from thy Lord: there is no god but He: and turn aside from those who join gods with God. (The Noble Quran, 6:106)"

There is only 1 God- already stated in the Bible but majority Christians choose to ignore it so it's something NEW to you. We belive Jesus (pbuh) as a great prophet but not a son nor partner of God.

M5love, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  10. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, according to jesus or blasphemous paul?:

Jesus said...

The bible is heavily corrupt, i can prove anything from it. It doesnt even pretend to be from God, it contains fables and letters.

Aceday, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  11. proteindude

Best Answers:
    What good do you see coming out of this particular religion?

12. proteindude

Best Answers:
    Hey, JESUS is the fullfillment of the Law. Why you think the Jews wanted Him killed? HE fulfilled the law. That is why it's called the NEW TESTAMENT. I wonder which part of the word NEW you don't understand.

13. coolmanphp

coolmanphp Peon

Best Answers:
    In the name of Allah(SWT) Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Islam:is to bear witness that there is:
    no god But God
    Muhammad is the final messenger of God

link to Quran:
    http://www.islam101.com/quran/yusufAli/

hadith
    http://fortyhadith.iiu.edu.my/hadith02.htm

Who is Allah(SWT) from the Quran:
    2:255. Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).
    http://www.islam101.com/quran/yusufAli/QURAN/2.htm (2:255)

1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
    2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
    3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
    4. And there is none like unto Him.
    http://www.islam101.com/quran/yusufAli/QURAN/112.htm

Hope this help.

coolmanphp, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  14. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes you ignore the bit where is explicitly says, Not change it!!!!! as you claimed earlair!

Also, you still need to proclaim your love for Bin laden according the logic of your argument in the other thread which you have now abandoned.

VERSES THAT CONTRADICT THEMSELVES
    Genesis 6:3 and Genesis 11:11 - Life limited to 120 years?
    Genesis 32:30 and Exodus 33:20 - Jacob's life was preserved?
    Exodus 4:22 and Jeremiah 31:9 - Who was God's firstborn?
    Numbers 23:19 and Genesis 6:6-7 - Does God repent or not?
    2 Samuel 6:23 and 2 Samuel 21:8 - Did Michael have children?
    2 Samuel 8:4 and 1 Chronicles 18:4 - 700 or 7000 horsemen?
    2 Samuel 8:9-10 and 1 Chronicles 18:9-10 - Toi or Tou? Hadadezer or Hadarezer? Joram or Hadoram?
    2 Samuel 10:18 and 1 Chronicles 19:18 - 700 or 7000 charioteers? 40,000 horsemen or footmen? Captain's name?
    2 Samuel 24:1 and 1 Chronicles 21:1 - Who provoked David?
    2 Samuel 24:9 and 1 Chronicles 21:5 - 800,000 or 100,000?
    2 Samuel 24:13 and 1 Chronicles 21:11-12 - 7 or 3 years?
    1 Kings 4:26 and 2 Chronicles 9:25 - 40,000 or 4,000 stalls?
    1 Kings 5:15-16 and 2 Chronicles 2:2 - 3300 or 3600?
    1 Kings 7:26 and 2 Chronicles 4:5 - 2000 or 3000 baths?
    2 Kings 8:26 and 2 Chronicles 22:2 - 22 or 42 years old?
    2 Kings 24:8 and 2 Chronicles 36:9 - 18 or 8 years old? 3 months or 3 months and 10 days?
    Ezra 2:65 and Nehemiah 7:67 - 200 or 245 singers?
    Matthew 1:12 and Luke 3:27 - Who was Salathiel's father?
    Matthew 1:16 and Luke 3:23 - Who was Joseph's father?
    Matthew 9:18 and Mark 5:22-23 - Dead or not?
    Matthew 10:5-10 and Mark 6:7-8 - Bring a staff or not?
    Matthew 15:21-22 and Mark 7:24-26 - The woman was of Canaan or Greece?
    Matthew 20:29-30 and Mark 10:46-47 - One or two beggars?
    Matthew 21:1-2 and Mark 11:1-2 - What happened to the ass?
    Matthew 26:74-75 and Mark 14:72 - Before the cock crow once or twice?
    Matthew 27:5 and Acts 1:18 - How did Judas die?
    John 3:16 and Psalms 2:7 - Only begotten son?
    John 5:31 and John 8:14 - Was Jesus' record true or not?

Many more but i cba.

God is Perfect, how can you attribute the above to the creator of the universe?

Again I would like to repeat, Muslims must believe in all original texts coming from Almighty God. But the bible doesnt exist in its original form, many shcolars of the bible become agnostic after studying its history.

Aceday, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  15. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    proteindude, are you a Christian fundamentalist?

M5love, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  16. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are giving him too much credit. :D

gworld, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  17. proteindude

Best Answers:
    OK Ace, let me explain the meaning of the word NEW to you and how Jesus brought NEW teachings which contradicted the commandments of the OLD Testament (according to Jews) or bettered the OLD Testament according to Christians.

Matthew 5, 43-44

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
    "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,"

Can you see how the word BUT in this instance creates a NEW commandment which invalidates or overrules the old one? So this is NEW commandment, a NEW rule.

I am still waiting for something positive that I can teach my kid. Something NEW that I learned from the Koran, something that the muslim dudes taught me today.

And for Mohammed versus Jesus: one has killed people. The other one gave his life for people. One performed countless miracles, while the other only had dreams. One claimed he was the Truth, the other one didn't. One claimed he will come back again the other one didn't. One is dead and buried in Medina (I think) and the other one is alive (empty tomb). So who of the two would you say is the "superior" one? The more trustworthy one?

18. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I am not sure what you mean by this. I was called a religious nut many times. But at least I am screwed on the right bolt.

19. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Firstly we dont believe jesus died on the cross, this is a fabrication of the Constantine edited bible. it says in the bible, the father cannot bare the sin of his son, why should an innocent man be killed for my sins, this is logicless and God is just.

We love jesus (peace upon him) and view the prophets as equal and we dont say one is superior to another, its just childish.

Jesus was only sent for the jews, Mohammed (pbuh) is the final messenger and was sent as the seal of the prophets for the rest of the world.

The miracle is the Qu'ran!

Matthew 15:21-28

A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out,
    He answered,
    The woman came and knelt before him, she said:
    He replied,
    You say 3=1 and 1=3, which makes no sense, it was mainly a fabrication by paul to convert the romans to Christianity as they conveniently already were worshiping 3 Gods.

Many many science confirmed miracles in the Qu'ram, example from the 1400 yr old unchanged Qu'ran for you:

[Holy Quran 78:6-7]
    [Holy Quran 16:15]
    [Geological Concept of Mountains pp. 44-45]
    [Geological Concept of Mountains p. 5]

Aceday, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is very good and important point in your post.

All religions served a purpose in their time. In today's world, the religions are just bunch of nonsense followed by the ignorants and used as excuse for hateful to kill each other. :)

gworld, Oct 29, 2007 IP