1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Aweber question

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Hade, Oct 27, 2007.

I've just signed up for Aweber and I have a question.

Can I have a range of websites, each offering a different freebie upon signup (ebook or 7-day email course), all adding the addresses to a single Aweber email list?

Thanks

Hade, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  2. Hade

Hade Active Member

Best Answers:
    come on, someone must know!

Hade, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  3. Carlo Cabrera

Carlo Cabrera Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I believe you can.

-Carlo

Carlo Cabrera, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  4. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can make as many accounts, web-forms, sites, etc. as you want with aweber - I have it going on 6 sites, and the forms are on xx sites... You made a great move - do your followups very gently and non-intrusively, at least 7 of them, and you will notice up to 60% more sales... i.e. your first two responses should be freebies, extras, nothing even mentioning your site(s) or offers yet-just 'thank you, here is your widget/info, have a great day'. Then as you get closer to your 7th, remind them that your site has been updated or there is new/more info, or limited time extras etc.... i'm rambling, all of you should consider aweber or other email management tool, you're losing money if you don't - even on landing pages etc...

NCMedia, Oct 28, 2007 IP
    Hade likes this.
  5. Hade

Hade Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent info, thanks!
    I chose Aweber as my current mailing list is run by myself, but I'm concerned that a lot of my emails are ending up in spam boxes.
    Aweber are very concerned about spam, and I think they manage to avoid spam boxes very well.

It's a shame I can't import my other email list, but that's a good thing as it's one of Awebers ways of preventing abuse.

I've another question:
    Would I be best to keep seperate email lists for my sites, even if they're a very similar niche?
    Maybe it'd be better to have them seperate. Can I then send out an email to both as one?

Hade, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  6. Malthus

Malthus Peon

Best Answers:
    I use a separate list for each site. If you want to send the same email to multiple lists it's easy enough to do on AWeber.

Malthus, Oct 29, 2007 IP
    Hade likes this.
  7. hanleo46

hanleo46 Guest

Best Answers:
    You can create unique multiple web forms, on duplicate capture pages to create seperate lists......you can manage emails by individual list or have common emails

I suggest seperate lists for unique sites.......

hanleo46, Oct 29, 2007 IP
    Hade likes this.
  8. Hade

Hade Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, thanks to everyone who replied.
    Since Aweber lets you set up infinite lists and choose to email them all at once, it makes perfect sense to have a list for each site. And to have individual followups on each.

Cheers guys :D

Hade, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  9. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome - lastly - you CAN import your other email lists - I believe you can do 10K for the basic membership.

*Yes you should have different lists capturing segmented data (different sites). When you do mail outs, you can combine them to several lists et al.

NCMedia, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  10. blackhole01

blackhole01 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you can do that..

it is one of setting i think..

blackhole01, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  11. Hade

Hade Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you're right.
    It does ask the email owners to click on a confirmation link to stay in the list.
    You'd probably lose a few, I wonder what kind of percentage would click the link. I suppose it'd depend on your specific list and how much people want to stay on it.

Hade, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  12. hanleo46

hanleo46 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes Aweber allows you to import a list, but they will all be sent a confirmation email before actually being added to any list, so an older list will lose a good percentage,,,,,,,,but are you better with a responsive small list, or a large unresponsive one

hanleo46, Nov 6, 2007 IP