1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dropped From Google after server move

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Gregtq, Oct 28, 2007.

I need help or advice,
    2 months ago I moved from a VPS to a dedicated server. Soon after I checked both yahoo & google and I found that I wasn't listed in either. I was #1 at yahoo & #2 at google.
    After about a month Yahoo picked me back up but it's been 2 months and google has not. Google seems to be looking at my old IP. Yesterday I lost my pagerank and when I checked their cache snapshop I saw a drug company which must own my old IP.
    I contacted my host and told them to delete my old DNS from the VPS server and they said everything already was deleted.
    I can not submit a google sitemap as I get an error every time.
    I checked http://whois.webhosting.info/205.234.252.137 and see my old IP is cached..it's been over two months.

My question is do you think if I move to a new server would this correct the problem?

Thanks,

Greg

Gregtq, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  2. Gregtq

Gregtq Peon

Best Answers:
    Gregtq, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  3. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    Reconfigure DNS. Is your DNS at your server? or registrar?

What DNS service you use? bind?

inworx, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  4. Gregtq

Gregtq Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Yes DNS is at my server and yes I have bind. Could you explain on how I can Reconfigure DNS?

Thanks,

Greg

Gregtq, Oct 29, 2007 IP