1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN search wont spider a ".info" domain

Discussion in 'Bing' started by MOG, Oct 28, 2007.

Has anyone else seen problems with msn spidering a .info address?

I have over 1200 pages on google, hundreds of backlinks, a strong PR3 (after this update) but MSN wont spider the site.

Not only that, they dont even accept a .info submission!?!!??!?!?

:confused: anyone else come accross this? is there a reason for this?? :confused:

The site is http://forum.costadelpoker.info (follow the link to see it) and it has only been established a little while, but what gives with MSN's defference towards spidering me?

any info would be appreciated

MOG, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  2. theanand

theanand Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think I read somewhere about it. If I am right, they dont even allow you to send a .info address through their messenger...go figure :)

theanand, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  3. Games master

Games master Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you are right! It hasn't indexed my site clickex.info but indexed all other ones which don't have ".info" extension! And yeah they have also censored .info urls on MSN messenger, this can be bypassed if you don't insert "http:" and "www" in your url. ;)

Anyways, MSN doesn't really bring in much traffic...it's useless.

Games master, Oct 28, 2007 IP
    kewlchat likes this.
  4. kewlchat

kewlchat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    their submission form has been messed up for weeks they wont accept any sites right now not even .com even if you submitt msn.com it wont work it says enter valid url ive been waiting for weeks for this to be fixed..

As for not spidering .info sites there are lots of .info sites listed in the msn search directory so their must be some .info sites thats getting spiderd and indexed..

I think they must not be indexing any new sites right now is why cause i been trying to get a few new ones indexed too and cant its all happened over the past month sense the submission for has been messed up.

Ive tried linking my new sites to my other well established sites on msn but so far its been several weeks and they still havent been picked up..

So its almost like msn search has went on vacation and stoped taking new sites.. I dunno this is crazy..

kewlchat, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  5. MOG

MOG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,

well Im glad I suppose that its not just me thats having this problem, however if they do have some .info sites indexed I just cant see what could be wrong with it as a TLD....

As for backlinks, I do have quite a few from PR4/PR5 and above, so just as a spider it assumably would have been found by now.

Im not too bothered as has been pointed out in this thread that MSN dont send much traffic anyway, but its just irritating ;)

MOG, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  6. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sem-Advance, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  7. Divisive Cottonwood

Divisive Cottonwood Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting stuff... I never knew that any domain name affix had any effect on SERPs.... but now I know

Divisive Cottonwood, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  8. Frankie10

Frankie10 Peon

Best Answers:
    .info domains are in MSN unfortunately there seems to be some problems with them recently, I had a whole heap of .info and a few .com.au domains that just dissapeared.... but a few have appeared back today maybe 10% of them.

Frankie10, Oct 30, 2007 IP