1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm sick of freelancing

Discussion in 'PHP' started by PoohBear88, Oct 27, 2007.

Over the past few years I've hired about 5 different freelancers from either getafreelancer.com or elance.com. Every project was done successfully, but half-assed.

The reason for this is mostly due to miscommunication due to the freelancer being from a different country (india, mostly). Of course, i'd be ignorant to say it's the freelancer's fault for the quality of the projects.

Basically, I need a professional, hard working PHP developer who I can rely on. This isn't a job posting, I was just wondering if you guys can refer me to someone of the sort.

Since I don't know PHP fluently, I'll have to explain in english what I want the PHP project to do. Because of this, I'd only want someone in the US of A.

Is there anyone (even on DP) that anyone can refer me to that can fill this void of mine?

I would legitimately appreciate any help. Thanks!

PoohBear88, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  2. jdg

jdg Peon

Best Answers:
    Try finding a few PHP freelancers that blog - then read what they write.

That'll tell you more than anything else about their skill level. Also, you have to be willing ( and I'm not saying you aren't willing, it's just that most aren't! ) to actually pay them what they are worth. Elance.com and those other freelancing sites seem to be more geared towards the low-end of the programming totem pole, which you've experienced (and not liked).

Once you've found a good one, give them a bonus everyonce in awhile and/or an opportunity to partner up. ;-)

jdg, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  3. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i dont know if he has time ..

try : nico_swd from dp

commandos, Oct 27, 2007 IP
    nico_swd likes this.
  4. bLuefrogx

bLuefrogx Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not from the US of A but I speak decent english and I'm pretty much online most of the time. Hit me up if you need anything done.

bLuefrogx, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  5. PoohBear88

PoohBear88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. I never thought about looking for PHP bloggers, that's a good idea.

I am willing to pay a good coder for what it's worth. I wouldn't mind paying big bucks for quality :)

PoohBear88, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  6. roosevelt

roosevelt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hehe sounds like you have been dealing with the noobish freelancers :p. But anyways if you are still looking for an experienced hard working php programmer contact me :).

roosevelt, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  7. bloggernoob

bloggernoob Peon

Best Answers:
    im looking for a php programmer also. working on a real estate development website. pm me if interested with past work

bloggernoob, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  8. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @PoohBear88

On GetaFreelancer, did you restrict your work to Gold members ? That should improve the quality of the freelancers.

marcel, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  9. ErectADirectory

ErectADirectory Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree that nico is quite awesome at what he does but he is looking for someone with native english skills. Although perfect english, nico is from Spain.

I'm not into self promoting today so my 2 cents is that you should get in touch with krakjoe. He's one of the best around and is quite a creative programmer. He's UK based so perfect english is there and I think he is looking for some work.

Don't go searching for php bloggers, most good ones don't waste their time with that ... we're out building something.

Good luck and I agree that working with freelancers is most certainly a crapshot, you never really know what you are getting & most of the work is not up to par.

ErectADirectory, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  10. TwistMyArm

TwistMyArm Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree: nico_swd and krakjoe are awesome coders and forumers. I can only assume that their freelance work is just as good and I can only hope that they charge well for their work :)

TwistMyArm, Oct 29, 2007 IP
    nico_swd likes this.
  11. dadougalee

dadougalee Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm obsessed with coding in PHP and I'm from OH-IO! lolm I don't have much free time, but if you have any other questions involving PHP code or design, I could help. As far as knowing anyone... the best I know of is me! :)

PM me if you ever have any questions.

oh, and remember, you get what you pay for. You want someone from India working for 4 bucks an hour to do a project for you, you'll get a project looking like it was done from someone in India working for 4 bucks an hour, lol. Just my personal experiences anyhoo

dadougalee, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  12. nico_swd

nico_swd Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the recommendations, I appreciate them a lot. :)

However, I don't do freelance work at the moment. (Unless it's just a small job). But I definitely recommend Krakjoe as well. He's a genius.

nico_swd, Oct 29, 2007 IP
    commandos likes this.