1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will I get banned ?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Crespo, Dec 9, 2005.

1. profs77

profs77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Eighty pages is a lot of content, you may still get banned, but with that much content you have a higher chance of actually earning the money legitly.

profs77, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  2. profs77

profs77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its not just the IP, there's cookies involved too. I think when you login to your adsense account to check your earnings and your visiting your banners and clicking them the cookie is going to say no or catch on eventually. Because if I visit your site with adsense ads, am I going to be able to log into your adsense account on the same computer! No, so cookies are involved too.

profs77, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  3. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    I always think this is a hilarious "come back". Am I suppose to feel bad that I make a killing selling clothing and accessories ( including...*gasp*...underwear :eek: )?

So you're saying that Google serves ad's that are not relevant to your content? If that's the case, I'm guessing that you're "website" is a blog and you're being served blog ad's. Am I on the right track here?!

Any sort or pay-per-click advertising or affiliate program is not going to perform well if you don't have traffic. You can't just throw up some ad's and expect people to start flocking to your website. It's obvious that you are quite new at this and quite honestly, you don't have the patience to succeed. Don't quite your day job! ;)

ViciousSummer, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  4. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Summer, Im having this problem also, all I see is blog ads...any solution?
    My blog is the one in the recent blog feature...

emil2k, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  5. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry. I'm guessing your blog is pretty new. You need to give Adsense time. Anywhere from two to three weeks AFTER Google starts crawling your site daily. It always takes time with blogs. I've run a number of blogs, and this is always the case. To help get Google to spider your blog faster (and get faster relevant ads) get some good links and I've found that submitting a sitemap for your blog works. And if you're using Wordpress, get the sitemap plug-in that automatically pings Google everytime you update your blog.

P.S. Half the time I immediately get relevant Adsense ads. Other times it takes the 2-3 weeks after daily crawling mentioned above.

jackburton2006, Dec 13, 2005 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  6. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree, you need greater patience, a couple of days or even a couple of weeks is not long enough to test whether adsense is right for you.

jkomp, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  7. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    They do offer a way to test and click on your ads without incurring penalties. You will not get paid for them, but they do offer this option if you find an ad you want to find out more about. If you are not sure how to do this then I suggest you contact them. Also make sure that you contact them in reference to your issue. Whether you did it on purpose or just a common mistake then you need to talk to them about solving the issue. I would also suggest you read the rules of these types of programs before you make this type of mistake again.

TheNetCode, Dec 16, 2005 IP