1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dead Scooter Forum For Sale

Discussion in 'Sites' started by petertdavis, Dec 9, 2005.

I bought this scooter forum a while back, and it turns out to be a dead forum. I don't plan to make the time in my schedule to revive it or anything so I thought I'd put it up for sale. What it is, pretty much, is a forum with 2539 posts. Assume minimal traffic and no revenues. Could be some good Coop or Vaultage for someone who wants to SEO the site and pump in some links to get it indexed. I'm setting a BIN at $375, if I don't get that I'll take the next best offer.

petertdavis, Dec 9, 2005 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    All the pages show up as supplementals, have you used the coop on it to see how much weight is has?

fryman, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  3. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll start the bidding at $200 USD if that's ok.

itsme, Dec 10, 2005 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  4. petertdavis

petertdavis Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 5
    fryman: Nope, never used Coop, or anything on it. I've done absolutely nothing with it since I bought. I'm sure that if someone gave it some love (basic SEO, backlinks etc), it would be getting indexed by the engines, but couldn't guarantee anything.

itsme: Thanks very much for the bid, you're in the lead at $200.

petertdavis, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  5. petertdavis

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 5
    Last call, this site is going to itsme for $200, at the end of today if nobody else throws their hat in.
    thanks

petertdavis, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  6. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I guess this means the auction is over?

PM with details please.

itsme, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  7. SiCK

SiCK Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I bought the site. I've owned 3 gas powered scooters for years as well as 3 aquascooters.

SiCK, Dec 13, 2005 IP
    Sharpseo and petertdavis like this.
  8. SiCK

SiCK Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Now, why would someone give me a bad rep for that post?!?

The domain and site are now mine, transferred this afternoon. I would recommend the seller to anyone!

SiCK, Dec 13, 2005 IP
    ozgression and killabyte like this.
  9. petertdavis

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 5
    I think itsme is just sad that you outbid him. He gave me a red rep too. I gave him fair chance to up his bid, he didn't so you got the site fair and square.

Many thanks!

petertdavis, Dec 13, 2005 IP
    Sharpseo likes this.
  10. emz

emz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    haha what a poor sport ;p

emz, Dec 13, 2005 IP
    killabyte likes this.
  11. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I actually got a PM from Peter, AFTER the auction was supposed to end, stating that the site had been sold to someone else via PM.

Unfortunately I did NOT get a chance to up my bid.

I also don't get why they would keep the bidding secret. I thought the entire point of starting these threads in the forum was to keep the auction public, fair and open to everyone... am I wrong?

I did give them a red ONLY because the whole bid/sale took place after the auction end, without informing anyone via this thread and I didn't get a chance to "up my bid"... I'm not a poor sport I just don't like getting jerked around.

So, if anyone happens to think I'm making sense and wouldn't like this sort of thing happening to them, feel free to give me a green dot for the red ones "someone" gave me...

itsme, Dec 14, 2005 IP
    discoverclips likes this.
  12. petertdavis

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 5
    Well, that's just not true. I sent you a PM letting you know about the other bid, and your response didn't include any mention of matching or outbidding so I did the logical thing and sold to the highest bidder. You received my note about the higher bid, no denying that because you replied to it. Your reply almost sounded as if you thought I should sell the site to you because you were the first to bid. It doesn't work that way. I'm pretty sure that anyone here would expect the highest bidder to win. You weren't the highest bidder. Get over it.

About the reds, I didn't give you one anyway, though you might deserve it, I just figured you're inexperienced with this kind of stuff and you'll probably be much better at it when you get a bit of experience under your belt.

petertdavis, Dec 14, 2005 IP
    SiCK likes this.
  13. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Peter,

You did send me a PM, no doubt about it. However you sent me the PM well after the auction ended:
    Take a look through this thread, *No other bids posted* by anyone, including yourself... no mention of a bid via PM.

I do not have any problems with being outbid, I do have a problem with the fact that the auction ended and THEN you contact me, via PM, with the news of you wanting to sell it to someone else, who didn't make a public bid through the thread, and you never mentioned it in the thread... how is anyone to know what's going on if you keep the news to yourself?

Like I mentioned in my PM to you, I'm not mad about it... I just don't like the fact that I was left in the dark and lead to believe the auction was over since you *formally* anounced the ending time in the thread... then sold to a different buyer.

The fact is it's all over and that's it, no big deal. It's not like you took my money and then gave it to someone else, but you handled it poorly. That's why you got my red, I don't deny it. If you feel that I am wrong feel free to give me a red dot, but how would you react if the tables where turned?

Anyhow, site's sold, all done...

itsme, Dec 14, 2005 IP
    Skribblez likes this.
  14. Rage

Rage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Itsme is right.... in this forum everything should be publicaly discolsed, no one knows whats going in PM.... you can even let everyone knows abouts PM...

in my opinion Itsme is right.

Rage, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  15. petertdavis

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 5
    The new bid did come in by pm, before the end of the day as I stated. Since someone else did place a bid, I did not consider the bidding to be over with. That's exactly what I said, you just quoted me "if nobody else throws their hat in" and someone did throw their hat in, I let you know that they did and would have accepted any attempt from you to up their bid. I think you just misunderstood what I wrote. There was no firm end date for bidding, I think I clearly stated that I would close the bidding only if there was no other interest.

16. petertdavis

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 5
    Well, I did let him know about the pm bid, and since he was the only other person interested in the site a public posting about the bid was unnecessary.

17. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well it's nice to see that at least someone doesn't think I'm out to lunch...
    (thanks Rage)

I really hate to drag this thread on, I don't think it's going to do any good. Since this is all over and done with, how about we call it quits on this thread and get back to buying & selling?

There isn't much left to argue about and it's not going to help either of our reps.

itsme, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  18. petertdavis

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 5
    No hard feelings on my end.

19. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member