1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Title, Description And Keywords required for each and every page???

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mohit, Dec 13, 2005.

Hi friends,

Meta- Title, Description and keyword i have implemented and optimized for home page.

And on other pages i have left blank description and keywords just writed title.

What is a best parctice for SEO?? I need to write description and keywords on each 100 page for better search engine ranking???

Mohit, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  2. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I dont use keywords tag any more, but I would insist you use Description tag on every page - even if it wont influence your SERPs much - the description tag tells the user of SEs what the page is all about.

A well written description tag may be the difference between the user coming to your page and the user going to the next search result.

sachin410, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  3. angelfire

angelfire Peon

Best Answers:
    For me the best practice is to put description and keyword in every page. It really need lots of work and less on SERP but more help on your probable visitor from the SE to understand more about your site.

angelfire, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  4. sufyaaan

sufyaaan Banned

Best Answers:
    I think all of them are relatively important.

Use unique, to the point and descriptive content for your Title tag and Description meta tag. Include your primary and / or secondary keywords depending on the page.

As far as I'm concerned, Keyword meta tag should contain all the related keywords, their synonyms and misspellings. Avoid using irrelevant keywords.

sufyaaan, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  5. Djohn

Djohn Peon

Best Answers:
    The title tag is obviously critical and should be included on all pages. Make sure it reflects the content of the individual page.

Description tags should be used as well, as the SE's sometimes use it in the SERPs as the description of your page. It's not really included in the actual search, just presented to the user.

Djohn, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  6. Sorror

Sorror Active Member

Best Answers:
    If Your site is optimized well Your desc meta tag is always use in SERP's as the description of the site.

Sorror, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  7. Djohn

Djohn Peon

Best Answers:
    Not always - if a search matches a keyword within the text of a site, Google for one shows an excerpt of the surrounding text and not Meta description.

Djohn, Dec 13, 2005 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  8. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's an amazingly good way to get your sites indexed quicker and easier by more search engines.

sixty6, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  9. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Give each page the repect it deserves, and that you want it to command, but individualizing ... it will be tedious and even boring, but it will pay in the longrun.

wrmineo, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  10. Windows-Update-Advisor

Windows-Update-Advisor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Give what the SE like and you will be loved :p

Seriously, some meta tags does help in your SEO...

Windows-Update-Advisor, Dec 14, 2005 IP