1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AuctionDaily.org

Discussion in 'SEO' started by remington`, Dec 12, 2005.

AuctionDaily

This is the first in a long string of sites I am working on. As you can see it is powered by Wordpress, I chose Wordpress becuase I have seen many high ranking sites use it. And to be honest, Im not going to spend 400 bucks on a commercial license for MovableType.

"Dedicated to covering the news and trends of online auctions" is what I have been typing as a description for directory submissions, so I guess it would be suitable here as well. :)

Although I am specifically looking for opinions on the look and layout of the site, any other suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks.

remington`, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  2. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah first wordpress is a great free tool.

You site is also looking good. But I am having little knowledge about running this kind of sites so I can't advice you more. I am very lazy at writing contents for my sites. Hoping for a good future for your site.

keral82, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  3. webber

webber Peon

Best Answers:
    You have a nice site there.. I like the design.. Simple and neat

webber, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  4. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    The site looks great although 3 vertical banners is a bit too much for me (especially for a new site).

Also, I was expecting a paragraph above all the entries describing what the site is about. With name 'Auction Daily' I was expecting the ebay-type site offering auctions not a blog about all-things auction. So a short blurb about the site's purpose and benefits below the header would help, IMO

Liminal, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  5. jawinn

jawinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a good site. It could be a great site. I don't know the niche (ebay cottage industry sites) very well but you could really have something here. If you continue to have solid content on the site like your "make a few extra bucks post" you could easily have a subscription site (ahhh the holy grail for us all) here.

What I'm getting at here is that I'd, and I'm sure many other people, would pay a monthly fee for reliable information on where to buy things to sell on Ebay. I think that's the number one reason that separates the people on ebay who make money and those who don't.

I'm very interested in knowing more about how this site works out for you.

jawinn, Dec 13, 2005 IP
    remington` likes this.
  6. remington`

remington` Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the kind words. I took your advice and added a small description box above the right navbar, and the sidebar will be changing from 3 banner images to 2 skyscraper adsense text boxes later in the day.

Jawinn, thanks for the suggestions. I have thought about that kind of thing. Having a "myAuctionDaily" type of program where users pay a monthly fee to access information like that. I would have to be making enough to pay some powersellers to go out and find the sources for me, seeing as how that is very time consuming looking for those "hot deals".

When I have a strong enough reader-base I will probobly end up putting a plan like that into action.

The great thing about this niche is that most of my competitors sites arent really competitors at all, most are selling some kind of crap ebook. With the exception of the official ebay community and forums, I have very little competition.

remington`, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  7. codeteacher

codeteacher Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice site, no comments really.. A+

codeteacher, Dec 13, 2005 IP